Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Breath of fresh air ARTICLE: Why I Play SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Breath of fresh air ARTICLE: Why I Play SWTOR

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 02:40 PM | #1
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...-old-republic/

A breath of fresh air in this cesspool of negativity. Good article.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Xyeth
05.02.2012 , 02:58 PM | #2
Yep, good article. I've respected Larry's opinion for a while now after watching him for a long time on gamebreaker.tv's "The Republic".

I'll be here for the long haul with this game. I've long become immune to the "grass is always greener in the next MMO" disease.
The Shadowlands Server

Dezzi
05.02.2012 , 03:00 PM | #3
Of course the irony is that the majority of responses to this linked article on Facebook by BioWare, were negative.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 03:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
Of course the irony is that the majority of responses to this linked article on Facebook by BioWare, were negative.
Of course they were. Being a "hater" is the new cool or something...
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

RolyartNala
05.02.2012 , 03:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xyeth View Post
I'll be here for the long haul with this game. I've long become immune to the "grass is always greener in the next MMO" disease.
I'm not totally immune.

I like trying new things. I've experienced most of SWTOR at this point. I played the GW2 beta and it was fun, but at the same time I did a side-by-side comparison in my head against SWTOR, and the outcome was decidedly mixed. Some things SWTOR did better, some things GW2 did better. I'm with Penny Arcade on this one.

The Vosk Legacy
SUMNER 55 Gunslinger | VESKO 50 Commando | AHMA 50 Jedi Shadow | SUU-THA 50Jedi Guardian

Neloth
05.02.2012 , 03:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xyeth View Post
Yep, good article. I've respected Larry's opinion for a while now after watching him for a long time on gamebreaker.tv's "The Republic".

Yeah I second that. I know TOR can be somewhat boring at times, hotbar combat, linear content and planets, as a whole typical theme park symptoms, but there's really nothing else out there even worth spending time on. Tera is just korean grinder F2P lol, GW2 will crash and burn soon enough and settle with a bunch of the fans while the rest of the world don't know about or care about GW2.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~Bill Cosby

Kaphik
05.02.2012 , 03:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
Most of the people who comment over on Massively just love to bash SWTOR. Larry's columns are usually as good as today's.

run_hello
05.02.2012 , 03:13 PM | #8
Guys? Guys, where are you going? Hey our game's still cool! Look, this website says it's cool and you all like websites right? Wait, come back!

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 03:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Neloth View Post
Yeah I second that. I know TOR can be somewhat boring at times, hotbar combat, linear content and planets, as a whole typical theme park symptoms, but there's really nothing else out there even worth spending time on. Tera is just korean grinder F2P lol, GW2 will crash and burn soon enough and settle with a bunch of the fans while the rest of the world don't know about or care about GW2.
Yeah, not remotely interested, personally, in either one of those.

Although, I am curious what AAA MMO ZeniMAX (Bethesda Softworks) is currently working on...

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 03:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by run_hello View Post
Guys? Guys, where are you going? Hey our game's still cool! Look, this website says it's cool and you all like websites right? Wait, come back!
Calm down, Beavis. I haven't gone anywhere...