Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I change my crew skill(biochem) and still use my rakata stims?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Can I change my crew skill(biochem) and still use my rakata stims?

Darlgon
04.30.2012 , 02:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I've done just that and I had to re-grind up to lvl 400 in biochem before I was able to use the Rakata stuff again.

On a positive note, I didnt have to re-buy the schematics for the Rakata stims/medpacks again since I already had the finished products. I really wish that we would get our old schematics back though if we chose to re-take a crafting skill. It's one thing that our levels are reset but what's the point of reseting the schematics?
<Waves hands> These are not the schematics you are looking for.....

If you are not of that crew skill, you reset your schematics because you cant use them and you should be penalized if you swap crew skills willy nilly... as mentioned above. Sigh

KadanAlistar
05.02.2012 , 08:07 AM | #12
Ok so let me double check and make sure I can do this before I start... If I were to switch crew skills and lvl artifice for the rakata relics, and then level synth for all the rakata there. I could then go back and regrind biochem and still be able to use all the rakata gear from synth and artifice couldnt I?

Even tho I feel like you should be able to just transfer them from your alts but whatever...

Warcrawl
05.02.2012 , 08:20 AM | #13
Level an alt. You don't even have to level it that high to max out your professions.

Warcrawl
05.02.2012 , 08:23 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KadanAlistar View Post
Ok so let me double check and make sure I can do this before I start... If I were to switch crew skills and lvl artifice for the rakata relics, and then level synth for all the rakata there. I could then go back and regrind biochem and still be able to use all the rakata gear from synth and artifice couldnt I?

Even tho I feel like you should be able to just transfer them from your alts but whatever...
You can do that though. I am still wearing the rakata relic from artifice, and I went biochem.

KadanAlistar
05.02.2012 , 08:38 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Warcrawl View Post
You can do that though. I am still wearing the rakata relic from artifice, and I went biochem.
Lol i did lvl an alt only to find out I cant transfer the rakakta gear to my main

KadanAlistar
05.02.2012 , 09:43 AM | #16
well crap, I thought i would be smart and make me some reuseables before I changed crew skills, but you cant craft reuseable ultimate medpacks anymore or reuseable hyper stims either can u?

KadanAlistar
05.02.2012 , 10:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KadanAlistar View Post
well crap, I thought i would be smart and make me some reuseables before I changed crew skills, but you cant craft reuseable ultimate medpacks anymore or reuseable hyper stims either can u?
anyone know? Would like to get a few reuseables before I switch crew skills so that can hold me until i come back to biochem for my rakata's

jamescloutier
05.02.2012 , 11:02 AM | #18
All the reusables medpacks/stims/adrenals have a biochem requirement. So yes you can make them but once you switch you won't be able to use them until you start regrinding biochem again.

KadanAlistar
05.02.2012 , 11:08 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by jamescloutier View Post
All the reusables medpacks/stims/adrenals have a biochem requirement. So yes you can make them but once you switch you won't be able to use them until you start regrinding biochem again.
hmm, just dont know if its worth the grind (credits) to get all the rakata's... What do u think?

jamescloutier
05.02.2012 , 11:20 AM | #20
Since there are better than rakata out there now, no not worth it in my mind.