Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I change my crew skill(biochem) and still use my rakata stims?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Can I change my crew skill(biochem) and still use my rakata stims?

KadanAlistar
04.30.2012 , 11:32 AM | #1
Hey guys, before I do this I wanna make sure if I switch to synthweaving (manly for augments) I can still use all my rakata medpacks, stims, etc...

Really wanting to craft augments, if u all know a better way to go about this let me know

jamescloutier
04.30.2012 , 11:41 AM | #2
The reusable rakata stims, adrenals & med packs have a biochem requirement. So if you switch to something else you will no longer be able to use them.

KadanAlistar
04.30.2012 , 12:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jamescloutier View Post
The reusable rakata stims, adrenals & med packs have a biochem requirement. So if you switch to something else you will no longer be able to use them.
Ok, but what if I change back to biochem for pvp,ops,etc? I can use them then correct? So i could lvl synthweaving and then just switch back whenever I needed to use the stims. Is the correct?

JsunJay
04.30.2012 , 12:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by paulmillsaps View Post
Ok, but what if I change back to biochem for pvp,ops,etc? I can use them then correct? So i could lvl synthweaving and then just switch back whenever I needed to use the stims. Is the correct?
You would have to re-grind up biochem to use them again as I believe they require 400.

Frumph
04.30.2012 , 12:15 PM | #5
I want to do the same thing, but because of the requirement and the schematics i've aquired i'm "stuck" with it.
- I care about what I accomplish, not what you do.

KadanAlistar
04.30.2012 , 12:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JsunJay View Post
You would have to re-grind up biochem to use them again as I believe they require 400.
your kidding?! Are you sure about this? So if I were to change my crew skill it basically resets...

lunartic
04.30.2012 , 12:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by paulmillsaps View Post
your kidding?! Are you sure about this? So if i were to change my crew skill it basically resets...
yes u need to regrind

GnatB
04.30.2012 , 12:26 PM | #8
Yes, and... uhm.. duh. Whole point is they don't want you swapping skills willy nilly. If they didn't reset you could swap around on a whim and have 1 crafter do everything. Want augments and aren't the right crewskill?

Buy them.

KadanAlistar
04.30.2012 , 12:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Yes, and... uhm.. duh. Whole point is they don't want you swapping skills willy nilly. If they didn't reset you could swap around on a whim and have 1 crafter do everything. Want augments and aren't the right crewskill?

Buy them.
Or just lvl it on an alt.... Was just wanting to do it on my main but its cool

MidichIorian
04.30.2012 , 01:29 PM | #10
I've done just that and I had to re-grind up to lvl 400 in biochem before I was able to use the Rakata stuff again.

On a positive note, I didnt have to re-buy the schematics for the Rakata stims/medpacks again since I already had the finished products. I really wish that we would get our old schematics back though if we chose to re-take a crafting skill. It's one thing that our levels are reset but what's the point of reseting the schematics?