Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

no longer having fun

mishcleo
04.30.2012 , 07:36 AM | #1
i hate to say it, but I am not having fun with this game anymore. I am trying to figure out why, what the main problems are.

number one I would say is that PvP is boring. With only four WZ's, and those not being varied enough from each other, it just now feels like stagnant grind. World PvP is virtually non-existent, although there was a little spike with the rakghoul event. There should be an open world ability to jump into a group.

number two is credits. So much of the new "legacy" content is very expensive, and credit farming is so boring in this game. I do not want to run dailies to make money. so legacy becomes counter productive in that if you want to have bonuses for your alts, you have to grind on your main for countless hours, which defeats the purpose.

I suppose one suggestion would be to have loot drop from trash mobs in operations, and better loot drops from trash in fp's as well. I will not waste my life grinding dailies for creds, and without creds, I miss out on too much of what I would actually want.

Looking for Group tool is in the works, but should have been implemented from day 1. so much content had to be passed over, time wasted looking for groups that never fully formed.

there are plenty of other deal breakers in the game right now, and my love for star wars can't cover them all.

maybe i will come back, but doubtful. i waited for four years through all the hype, only to be let down by a game not fully realized.
DIRKONJAKAI
═══¦€═════════════

http://swtor.com/community/showthrea...146#post253146

SentinelDranoel
04.30.2012 , 07:50 AM | #2
Sad story, seems like it might not be the game for you at this moment.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic anyday

Lord_Ravenhurst
04.30.2012 , 07:55 AM | #3
Won't be back before 2.0 or whenever space exploration, minigames and housing are added. Planets are dead and static and my server is a ghost town. Bored already with my first lvl50, thinking about grinding through all of this with alts again gives me shivers of repulsion.

tahyri
04.30.2012 , 07:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mishcleo View Post
number one I would say is that PvP is boring. With only four WZ's, and those not being varied enough from each other, it just now feels like stagnant grind.
Curious as to what you would change to vary the warzones. They seem pretty varied to me. There's a CTF zone, Assault zone, and two Conquest zones. What do they need to do to make these "varied enough from each other" to you?

Sasheria
04.30.2012 , 08:02 AM | #5
All MMO at the "end game" (I should say top tier since the game doesn't really end) you will do a couple of things and all of them are grinding.

Getting top tier gear - This is a grind. Almost all MMO usually have a week timer or something similar to get top gear. Even EVE have a "top grind" to get materials and credit to PRODUCE top gear (i.e. capital ship)

Getting currency to buy stuff - This is pretty much a grind. You would need money/credit/gold whatever to buy all the shiny fluffy stuff. It could be unlock, powers, upgrades, housing, or upkeep. You will need credit (this is a good thing for some since all MMO need good currency sink) to get money you might need to either Auction house/GTN market, crafting, questing/missions, or dailies.

Vanity stuff - this is also a grind to get the "look" you want (depending on the look, some might be easier than others) you might want a specific look, specific pet, specific housing, specific companion etc etc.. it is a grind.

So if you don't like grinding, then MMO might not be for you.

Farho
04.30.2012 , 08:10 AM | #6
It's going there mate, slow but steady. I believe this game will be ready to be shipped around 1.5 )
I know this is unacceptable but well... At least they are still developing and when it's finally a finished product it will be beta tested beforehand

PS: If you like mindless grind, go play some free korean MMO. We don't expect a bioware product to involve any kind of boring obligations.
50 Sawbones Scoundrel - EU Dxun Battle Circle

Kthx
04.30.2012 , 08:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Won't be back before 2.0 or whenever space exploration, minigames and housing are added.
This is not the game you are looking for. Move along.

Ellvaan
04.30.2012 , 08:21 AM | #8
Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself versus a farewell to the community, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.