Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

larger issues to fix


Battlepong's Avatar


Battlepong
04.30.2012 , 02:19 AM | #1
This is one of the things that I've talked about Bioware not listening to the community. This post was originally posted in customer service and yet it was moved to suggestions and buried alive with no longer to receive any reading because of all the greedy little individuals asking for little improvements i.e. high and space missions, new wars zones, new operations, when there is much larger issues to fix.

Quote: Originally Posted by Battlepong View Post
In my follies playing of Star Wars the Old Republic, I currently see many players moving to higher population servers i.e. The fatman. Normally in MMO's when this happens this is the first sign of a dying game. This is not meant to be an attack or trying to raise anyone's blood pressure just an observation. One of the biggest things that can help this game along is to allow third-party add-ons within the game. I know I know this is something that Bioware does not want and a few of the community members, but if you look into successful MMO was like World of Warcraft you see that other coders actually assist game developers in solving problems. Yes I know they create many of their own problems, but this is the way to actually get the community active in the game before it fails. Hence the old saying Two eyes on a project is definitely better than one. In my opinion it seems that Bioware team is more concerned with opening new regions then listening to the already had community playing the game. Just a suggestion hopefully this does not create too much having an is taken as what is meant a suggestion.
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
I doubt allowing add-ons would save enough people from quitting to make any noticeable difference. So I still don't want them, no matter how it is justified. You open that door, and soon somebody designs the I win buttons for each class, just like WoW has. The perfect rotations every time. Not all the top pvp people on WoW uses them, but most of them do. Putting somebody not using them at a severe disadvantage.

So no. Please, do not add them to this game. Ever. Stick to your guns Bioware!!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
3rd party add ons will make me more likely to leave.
Quote: Originally Posted by WhiteDragonSWTOR View Post
I fully agree with this post. I am also one of these people who left a dead/dieing server for a higher pop server. I would be on all day long with NOTHING to do. I would wait 3-4 hours for a WZ to pop. I pay to play this game, NOT to sit here all day long twiddling my thumbs doing nothing. The game has a lot to offer, but it is only available to servers that have players on them. Right now there are no people in my faction on my server so I left it.

I'm also highly into addons in games. I like addons, I like the different things that they do and that they track. I am disappointed that SWTOR doesn't allow addons in their game.
Quote: Originally Posted by Battlepong View Post
I definitely can understand what you are saying about third-party add-ons, but please give a solution to the already growing problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by Battlepong View Post
Can you give a solution to this problem. And what is best for the community is not always best for one.
Quote: Originally Posted by hidphoenix View Post
I'm not getting this dead server issue when other MMOs have fixed this through other methods: server wide grouping, PVP, and mega servers
Quote: Originally Posted by Battlepong View Post
If you read the quote from Bioware on their standpoint the servers are healthy. Secondly it has to do with retention I play on over for servers and I have had probably 30 personnel that have canceled their subscriptions.

This is from the Q&A

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?




Dallas DickinsonWe will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.



DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?




Dallas DickinsonThe Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players to get onto a higher population server.

Valhalyn's Avatar


Valhalyn
04.30.2012 , 02:26 AM | #2
So...whats the larger issues to fix? People move servers? I dont know if you've even logged in during peak hours...but before 1.2 3/4's of the servers were light...now 3/4's of the servers are standard with 3-4 being Heavy or Very Heavy/Full...

The game is fine, right now they need to work on bugs and new content.

Battlepong's Avatar


Battlepong
04.30.2012 , 02:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Valhalyn View Post
So...whats the larger issues to fix? People move servers? I dont know if you've even logged in during peak hours...but before 1.2 3/4's of the servers were light...now 3/4's of the servers are standard with 3-4 being Heavy or Very Heavy/Full...

The game is fine, right now they need to work on bugs and new content.
Apparently you have not logged in on peak hours or nonpeak hours. There is only one server that is full witches The fatman. If you can call 13 people to 30 people actively on the fleet standard we have two different definitions. But I do agree they need to work on bugs such as server-side lag on casting just altogether smoothness of the game. As for new content I disagree because too many things are broken already there is no sense to add to the overwhelming workload. If you would say that the game is fine I don't know what game you're playing, or what game you came from.

stephenalandavie's Avatar


stephenalandavie
04.30.2012 , 02:40 AM | #4
There are some dying servers though

Battlepong's Avatar


Battlepong
04.30.2012 , 02:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
There are some dying servers though
But my question is why are so many servers dying. It is not just from people not liking the game it is a multitude of things such as population, economy, class mechanics, in general polish to the game. You also have to realize that since Bioware gave 30 days free play that there will not be any stats on retention. But you can tell by the numbers playing the game already that many have canceled their subscriptions. As I stated earlier it seems the priority is to open up new regions and not take care of the game itself.

Battlepong's Avatar


Battlepong
04.30.2012 , 03:05 AM | #6
As for tracking the status of the server you can do this from this webpage and see a 24-hour, seven day, 30 day profile of populations over all servers.

torstatus.net

Code:
http://www.torstatus.net

opus_two's Avatar


opus_two
04.30.2012 , 04:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Battlepong View Post
But my question is why are so many servers dying. It is not just from people not liking the game it is a multitude of things such as population, economy, class mechanics, in general polish to the game. You also have to realize that since Bioware gave 30 days free play that there will not be any stats on retention. But you can tell by the numbers playing the game already that many have canceled their subscriptions. As I stated earlier it seems the priority is to open up new regions and not take care of the game itself.
Love the concept of this game and the interaction with the NPCs to determine the storyline. I played the previous " Knights of the Old Republic and the Sith Lords" However there are huge glaring issues in the spit and finish of the game especially in bug department. Bioware should have place a concerted effort on bug repair in 1.2 instead new content. Friends and myself that came over from another MMO but are slowly going back because for this very reason. You can't build a second story to a house if the foundation is flawed.

I understand teething pains thats why I am still here but at some point you have to cut your losses.

Battlepong's Avatar


Battlepong
04.30.2012 , 11:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by opus_two View Post
Love the concept of this game and the interaction with the NPCs to determine the storyline. I played the previous " Knights of the Old Republic and the Sith Lords" However there are huge glaring issues in the spit and finish of the game especially in bug department. Bioware should have place a concerted effort on bug repair in 1.2 instead new content. Friends and myself that came over from another MMO but are slowly going back because for this very reason. You can't build a second story to a house if the foundation is flawed.

I understand teething pains thats why I am still here but at some point you have to cut your losses.
I agree I differently love the concept of this game lets why I have been on board since 2010. The graphics are outstanding compared to today's standard MMO's. That is why I've made so many attempts to make a plea to Bioware and the design team. This game has great potential but is falling to the wayside because of big business marketing and management. They just need to develop a good think tank and set up a plan of attack to address the in game issues.

Scorpassailant's Avatar


Scorpassailant
04.30.2012 , 11:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
There are some dying servers though
I see nothing wrong with this if people are just getting together and rerolling on another server. I know it sucks for those who don't want to reroll but transfers are coming.

KaptainPlanet's Avatar


KaptainPlanet
04.30.2012 , 11:38 AM | #10
Add-ons should be enabled it brings flavor to the game. Let's you customize your game play to the fullest while letting the devs focus on real concerns such as Sever transfers.

Now add-ons wont save this game at this time. The main issue is logging onto fleet seeing only 1 or 2 players in the area. I've played my share of MMO's and not even the crappiest of F2P games had this low of a server population. Late summer is to little to late and mergers need to come now.

bring it :P