Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to create temporary workspace files

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Unable to create temporary workspace files

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

boatracer
04.30.2012 , 12:19 AM | #1
I had to reformat my computer this weekend and just got the game installed. After the game installed it launched and worked fine.
I logged off for a bit and now when I try to log in it lets me enter my login and password. After I hit play it works for a minute then an error message comes up. It's only up for a second or two so I cant get the error code, but part of it say Unable to create temporary workspace file.

Was just able to see the error code, it's C6.

Any ideas?

Conveeyor
04.30.2012 , 12:31 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Boatracer,

We would like to ask you to check the available space on your harddrive. According to the error message the game can't create the pagefile it needs. You may also want to run Windows Disk Cleanup utility for more help to delete your temporary files.

Please don't hesitate to contact us gain if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

boatracer
04.30.2012 , 01:19 AM | #3
I have 26 gb available on one partitions and 368 free on the other. I'll see if disk clean up helps.

Thanks

deneric
04.30.2012 , 01:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by boatracer View Post
I had to reformat my computer this weekend and just got the game installed. After the game installed it launched and worked fine.
I logged off for a bit and now when I try to log in it lets me enter my login and password. After I hit play it works for a minute then an error message comes up. It's only up for a second or two so I cant get the error code, but part of it say Unable to create temporary workspace file.

Was just able to see the error code, it's C6.

Any ideas?
Oh hey, I had that same problem. You'll definitely want to give clearing the temp files a shot, but I found re-installing to work very well (I even have a 30fps increase for some reason!)
SWG (PRE-CU) Kettemoor Veteran!

boatracer
04.30.2012 , 01:30 AM | #5
Just cleared everything and still get the same error message.

I'll uninstall and reinstall overnight. Hopefully that does the trick, we'll see in the morning.

Gatzoh
04.30.2012 , 01:44 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi boatracer,

did you manually delete temporary files or did you use the "Disk Cleanup" ("Windows-Key" + "R" --> type in "cleanmgr")? Besides, is it the first time, this error messages appears and did you perform already a restart of your PC? Last but not least, please check to start the launcher.exe "as administrator" (rightclick the *.exe --> Properties --> Compatibility --> check "Run this program as an administrator").
Gatzoh | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

RwGogeta
06.16.2012 , 12:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gatzoh View Post
Hi boatracer,

did you manually delete temporary files or did you use the "Disk Cleanup" ("Windows-Key" + "R" --> type in "cleanmgr")? Besides, is it the first time, this error messages appears and did you perform already a restart of your PC? Last but not least, please check to start the launcher.exe "as administrator" (rightclick the *.exe --> Properties --> Compatibility --> check "Run this program as an administrator").
I had this same issue and nothing fixed it, after 4 hours no response from the my customer ticket I figured out if you delete the DiskCacheArena file and then load the game up it should work just fine.