Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not another WoW PLEASE!!!

Viridious
04.28.2012 , 06:13 AM | #1
Ive been watching the dev forums (and a lot of other forums concerning SWTOR on different fan sites etc),and ive noticed a disturbing trend slowly occurring.When reading the "wish lists" of a lot of players,im seeing that a lot of what theyre asking to have put in the game are the same things that were in world of warcraft.

Let me say right now...PLEASE DONT allow these players to influence you to turn this game into a clone of wow!!!

A lot of this (if not ALL) is coming from people who played wow for the last 5 years and have gotten used it,and now want to drag that junk into this game.Most of us who also played wow LEFT it in order to get AWAY FROM a lot of the foolishness that was going on there.Im seeing people in SWTOR asking for damage meters,"item level" or "gear score" indicators,and all that junk which over time just made wow more of a job to play than a game.

SWTOR is a brand new game with a great future ahead of it.Dont let these people cause you to ruin that by crying for stuff to be added to it from a game that now sees panda`s as it own bright shiny future....

The day i log into SWTOR and see someone in chat saying "LFM Foundry +350 IL req or no invite pst" is the day i cancel my SWTOR subscription....and believe me,there are people out there who are asking for exactly that.

If you want stuff that was in wow...then go play wow....dont bring that DISEASE over to SWTOR.

Redat
04.28.2012 , 06:24 AM | #2
Amen, lets hope the WoW kids dont get thier way BUT it looks like BW only caters for thos who cry loudest...........adios SWTOR hello WoW MK II

DarthSabreth
04.28.2012 , 06:26 AM | #3
i actually cringed when you said GS, i hated seeing people being belittled in trade chat. i prefer the old fashioned way of judging via inspection and skill like in vanella, if someone showed up in greens they would be asked to leave, but if their gear was decent and they pulled their weight then they stayed. putting a definitive number as a judge is wrong.

it got so bad in WOLK that some would be booted from heroics for not having ICC gear, when at the time Nax was the best gear when that xpack came out.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

thomasgallant
04.28.2012 , 06:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Redat View Post
Amen, lets hope the WoW kids dont get thier way BUT it looks like BW only caters for thos who cry loudest...........adios SWTOR hello WoW MK II

sadly every game caters to those who cry most
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Blackardin
04.28.2012 , 06:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridious View Post
Ive been watching the dev forums (and a lot of other forums concerning SWTOR on different fan sites etc),and ive noticed a disturbing trend slowly occurring.When reading the "wish lists" of a lot of players,im seeing that a lot of what theyre asking to have put in the game are the same things that were in world of warcraft.

Let me say right now...PLEASE DONT allow these players to influence you to turn this game into a clone of wow!!!

A lot of this (if not ALL) is coming from people who played wow for the last 5 years and have gotten used it,and now want to drag that junk into this game.Most of us who also played wow LEFT it in order to get AWAY FROM a lot of the foolishness that was going on there.Im seeing people in SWTOR asking for damage meters,"item level" or "gear score" indicators,and all that junk which over time just made wow more of a job to play than a game.

SWTOR is a brand new game with a great future ahead of it.Dont let these people cause you to ruin that by crying for stuff to be added to it from a game that now sees panda`s as it own bright shiny future....

The day i log into SWTOR and see someone in chat saying "LFM Foundry +350 IL req or no invite pst" is the day i cancel my SWTOR subscription....and believe me,there are people out there who are asking for exactly that.

If you want stuff that was in wow...then go play wow....dont bring that DISEASE over to SWTOR.
What are some of the items they are asking for from Wow?
May the Schwartz be with you....

Darth_Moonshadow
04.28.2012 , 06:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
Apparently damage meters and gears scores.

Though I've only ever seen the Recount topic, and general consensus is that Recount should only track the player's personal DPS so that way they can only annoy themselves.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

metalgearyoda
04.28.2012 , 06:35 AM | #7
Group finder > 1.3
Recount > already in, see MOX
xserver WZs > 1.2.2 probably.
Duel spec -> 1.3.2-1.4 probably.
Pandas > 1.5
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

metalgearyoda
04.28.2012 , 06:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Apparently damage meters and gears scores.

Though I've only ever seen the Recount topic, and general consensus is that Recount should only track the player's personal DPS so that way they can only annoy themselves.
meters that show the whole party in real time are already in.

Check out http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Damage-Parser
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Sofiero
04.28.2012 , 06:36 AM | #9
He meant iteam level, where you get a number of level on your gear on your character like in World of Warcraft.

The itemlevel is good but people do abuse it, that people demand too high gear level to join the group for any flashpoint run (like people demand people with 300 itemlevel for a flashpoint that drops gear with 250itemlevel so its impossible to get into group if you are newly dinged player even if you are a good and skilled player.

Darth_Moonshadow
04.28.2012 , 06:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
meters that show the whole party in real time are already in.

Check out http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Damage-Parser
Well that's a disappointment.

Stupid math. Why does it always show up and ruin everyone's good time?
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B