Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Body type preferred for each class.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Body type preferred for each class.

muhidin
04.28.2012 , 02:45 AM | #1
I`m at a bit of a conundrum here, i`ve played through a couple of classes and found that some body types just go better with certain classes, whether its heavy or medium or light armor, but it`s not so simple as heavy armor + body type 3 or 4= win or anything else with light or medium armor sufficing.

For my Sniper, I play a female body type 4 and she looks sexy and ****** with the various agent specific armors you find in the game, but she looks less appealing in other medium armors, trying that formula with my jedi sentinel or smuggler doesn`t really translate as well, they both seem more suited to be played as body type 2 classes.

They tend to look a little pudgy as body type 4. BHs and Troopers, from what i`ve seen were made to be played as body type 3 or 4 chars, my female bh is type 2 herself, and looks pretty cool, but it appears that an `armored` look just seems to be more suited to these body types, they look more muscular and curvacious all at the same time but the problem is...it takes ages to find out this stuff, you don`t get access to better armors until you level up a bit and put some time into your char, so it kinda sucks.

Let`s face it, nobody wants to be the idiot who changes their character`s look at 33 by deleting them because they realize they look silly.

Anyone got like a...*cough* spreadsheet or some kinda formula outlining which body types go with which classes or armor, would really help me out, or even pictures of body types 2-4 in higher tier or endgame armor.

Would be greatly appreciated! I know i sure as hell don`t want to reroll.

jbuschell
04.28.2012 , 07:13 AM | #2
I've played every AC so here it goes and this list is all for male characters

Guardian/Jugg - body type 3
Sentinel - body type 2 works best imo since to me sentinel is more fluid and acrobatic and the body type fits that
Marauder - body type 3, the sentinel marauders animation are much more brutish then finesse so this body type fits
Sage/sorc - body type 1 is pretty funny but fits but I say body type 2 is the best fit here, body type 4 is funny but kind of works here imo
Shadow/assassin - shadow is my main and I think body type 2 is the way to go here
Vanguard - body type 3 makes the most sense here
Powertech - body type 2,3 or 4 seem to fit a PT well
Commando - I generally play as a body type 2 but didn't like it on the commando due to the redicilous size of the assault cannon, so go body type 3
Mercenaries - see powertech
Gunslinger/sniper - personally I think body type 2 is the only way to go here, but I see a lot of fat twileks playing GS
Scoundrel/operative - same as slinger/sniper
E-Thuggin since 1987

Aehgo
04.28.2012 , 09:20 AM | #3
I find
Sith inqusitor-Body type 3 Male,Body type 1/2 female
Consular-Body type 2/3 Male,Body type 1 female
Trooper-Body type 1/2/4((I find Body type 3 on a trooper just..boring )) Male,Body type 3/4 Female
Smuggler-Body type 3/4 Male,Body type 1/4 Female
Knight-Body type 3/2 Male.Body type 1/3 Female
Bounty Hunter-1/2 Male,2/4 Female
Warior-4/3/2 Male,2/4 Female
Agent-1/3 Male,2/1 Female

DodgeRaider
04.28.2012 , 11:52 AM | #4
I agree with a lot of the advice given above. I've found that Male Body Type 1 makes your character look like a little kid (with an over-sized head), so I avoid that one. I have a Trooper Body Type 3 and he's huge, plus the giant armor makes him look like the Michelin Man. My Smuggler is BT 2 and he seems well proportioned for that class. I haven't tried a Male BT 4 (fat), but I might give it a go for a "non-athletic" type character.

For Females, Body Type 2 is always a good choice. BT 4 is also good in that it makes your character look a little more muscular but not overly so. BT 3 is just really tall. Sometimes with tall alts, its a little harder to see where to click for scavenging/pickups, and jumping. Again, BT 1 looks like a little kid, and I don't like the idea of putting kids in dangerous situations that this game provides (I'm not an RP'er or anything, but I don't like seeing kids getting killed in-game).

SuperSair
04.28.2012 , 12:13 PM | #5
Female body types go like Statutory ****, Perfect 10, That Chick(?) at the Gym, Soccer Mom.

That being said, all body type 2.
Duct tape is like the Force, it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Thebazilly
04.28.2012 , 02:03 PM | #6
Here's my preferences. I think Body Type 3 looks really weird in most cases. It's just so cartoonishly out of proportion with everyone else, but on some classes it can be tolerable.

Jedi Knight - Male 2/3(maybe), Female 2
Jedi Consular - Male 1/2, Female 1/2/4
Smuggler- Male 1/2, Female 1/2/4
Trooper - Male 2/3, Female 2/3(maybe)

Sith Warrior- Male 2, Female 2
Sith Inquisitor - Male 2, Female 1/2
Agent - Male 2, Female 1/2
Bounty Hunter - Male 2/3, Female 2/3/4

AtomicDP
04.28.2012 , 06:49 PM | #7
i personally like to go the opposite of the norm for body types, for example my scoundrel was body type 3 and my trooper is body type 2, gives your char a bit of uniqueness
THE STARSHOOTER LEGACY

Tenacity
04.28.2012 , 08:12 PM | #8
Meh, I use body type 2 for all my male characters and body type 1 for all my female characters. The other body types just dont look right to me.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer

mamosh
04.29.2012 , 01:05 PM | #9
i got type 1 female pt and she looks pretty nice rest is type 2 and type 3 sniper im lvling atm
Spoiler

SteveRB
04.29.2012 , 01:40 PM | #10
Body type 2 for everything because its the only one with reasonable body proportions.