Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh no, Another Patch with Downtime!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Oh no, Another Patch with Downtime!

jamesdn
04.27.2012 , 02:24 AM | #21
BW would be better off firing all their technical staff and replacing them with drunk angry spider monkeys..couldnt be worse then what they got going on right now.

Mrbudgen
04.27.2012 , 02:29 AM | #22
U nabs want to play a game where people can mass produce creds and high value items unfairly be my guest. Id rather have it fixed first thing so that i can play, like others have said, on my friday nights and over the weekend. I dont know where this sense of entitlement you all have comes from. Its not like other MMOs havent gone through this kind of "post launch polishing" with bug fixes and patches....some more than others on release but thats another post. Look at PSN, if you are connected to the internet and try to play that new Playstation game you have just bought, chances are theres gonna be some sort of patch to download before you can play.

Stop jumping on the "Hate SWTOR" Bandwagon when A) You probably have no idea how much effort it takes in changing bits of code in an MMO, and B) Grow some balls and have an opinion of your own rather than just copying every1 else!

DerekMiller
04.27.2012 , 02:30 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by FrankieCook View Post
Yes I have reported other things that need fixing.

Have any of them been fixed in this patch ?

No.
HAhaha mate a funny thought just occured to me, didnt they say 1.3 would not be far behind 1.2? maybe IT will have hte fixes to the real problems..........

DapperDab
04.27.2012 , 02:34 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLordMagnus View Post
no one asked u to drop a game to play this
its a new game and this happens try playing any new mmo that dont have this
its also in relation to people who cant log in at all
its down time but complaining does nothing go play other game and in 4 to 5 hours it will be back on
A lot of people asked me to drop my other game... Are you dense? I had a seven day trial you can only get from a subscribed member... There goes your first trollish response...

It's a new game and I paid full price for a full price game. So far, it's been mostly, not playing game. Especially after just talking my roommate into buying it. How would you feel making a friend buy a game only for them to not be able to play it after they finally finished patching?

People who can't log in at all is I don't know, news to me. If you can't log in, call customer support like I did and get helped. It took fifteen minutes.

Grisle
04.27.2012 , 02:35 AM | #25
I'm more than happy for BW to roll out patches but surely some of these small patches could have been fixed implemented as a hot fix to reduce downtime, especially when downtime continually occurs during Asia Pacific prime time.

FrankieCook
04.27.2012 , 02:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrbudgen View Post
U nabs want to play a game where people can mass produce creds and high value items unfairly be my guest. Id rather have it fixed first thing so that i can play, like others have said, on my friday nights and over the weekend. I dont know where this sense of entitlement you all have comes from. Its not like other MMOs havent gone through this kind of "post launch polishing" with bug fixes and patches....some more than others on release but thats another post. Look at PSN, if you are connected to the internet and try to play that new Playstation game you have just bought, chances are theres gonna be some sort of patch to download before you can play.

Stop jumping on the "Hate SWTOR" Bandwagon when A) You probably have no idea how much effort it takes in changing bits of code in an MMO, and B) Grow some balls and have an opinion of your own rather than just copying every1 else!
Some people are sitting right now on Friday evening waiting for the patch downtime to be over. Youre just lucky its the morning for you.

I dont even know where to begin with the last little outburst so I wont.

jamesdn
04.27.2012 , 02:43 AM | #27
your damn right i feel entitled i payed for this game so i expect to play this game which isnt often since i can only log on at nights and the damn things either getting patched or the servers are dead as hell and getting steadily worse. face it if they dont get their **** straight soon this is gonna go down as the ryan leaf of mmo's.

Garbin
04.27.2012 , 02:46 AM | #28
This is why you need proper beta testers, and not fanboi's racing each other to level 25. 1 million monkeys with typewriters doesn't take into account the one monkey who pull's his typewriter apart and builds a rocket launcher out of it.

Garbin
04.27.2012 , 02:48 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesdn View Post
your damn right i feel entitled i payed for this game so i expect to play this game which isnt often since i can only log on at nights and the damn things either getting patched or the servers are dead as hell and getting steadily worse. face it if they dont get their **** straight soon this is gonna go down as the ryan leaf of mmo's.
Not only do we pay for it, we KEEP paying for it. It's like herpes. No matter what you do to try and fix it, it just keeps coming back.

apollor
04.27.2012 , 02:53 AM | #30
People its a patch get over it.

All you people ever do it ***** about this game I'm glad that Bioware is taking the time to fix problems so *********** what if they bring down the game for a few hours on a friday night or the weekend just be glad the problems are being fix.

you people have nothing else better do to than to complain about a brilliant game?