Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh no, Another Patch with Downtime!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Oh no, Another Patch with Downtime!

Kaelynath
04.27.2012 , 01:11 AM | #1
Seriously folks, Get over it. They're fixing important things and making the game better.

And to any of you who dare say "They should refund this day, Rarrrghh!"

Here's a fun fact:

Most of you are playing off their FREE month that you got on the 25th. They don't owe you jack for today.

Keep going, Bioware. Doing awesome so far!

DerekMiller
04.27.2012 , 01:15 AM | #2
WINNER!!!!

so far id say there is 50 new threads ************ about the shudown, and i bet nearly every1 in them ************ also *****ed that something doesnt work and needs fixing.....

on aside note HOPEFULLY this isnt another patch that breaks more than i fixes lol

Kaelynath
04.27.2012 , 01:17 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
WINNER!!!!

so far id say there is 50 new threads ************ about the shudown, and i bet nearly every1 in them ************ also *****ed that something doesnt work and needs fixing.....

on aside note HOPEFULLY this isnt another patch that breaks more than i fixes lol

They may not be good at talking to the community, but they're very skilled at listening. Most things don't last weeks without getting fixed, which is why the downtime doesn't bother me. Because it wouldn't exist without a reason. For example, if this fixes the sound issues I've been having as of late I -really- don't mind a few hours of Xbox love.

DerekMiller
04.27.2012 , 01:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaelynath View Post
They may not be good at talking to the community, but they're very skilled at listening. Most things don't last weeks without getting fixed, which is why the downtime doesn't bother me. Because it wouldn't exist without a reason. For example, if this fixes the sound issues I've been having as of late I -really- don't mind a few hours of Xbox love.
not into xbox :P but everything else i agree with, if it needs doing, GET IT DONE! great work bioware

Bomyne
04.27.2012 , 01:25 AM | #5
Seriously folks, Get over it. They're fixing important things and making the game better.
If that was the case, they wouldn't be afraid of showing us the patchnotes.

I paid for today (I renew on the 30th) but no, i don't want a refund. I just want to be able to play my friday nights. Is that too much to ask?
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

DerekMiller
04.27.2012 , 01:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
If that was the case, they wouldn't be afraid of showing us the patchnotes.

I paid for today (I renew on the 30th) but no, i don't want a refund. I just want to be able to play my friday nights. Is that too much to ask?
the reason for some patchnotes not being available till after patches is that they are there to fix loop holes and exploits that have ppl making billions of creds and if they tell ppl about it before hand they can go and do it.... not always the case but it is part of it

DapperDab
04.27.2012 , 01:36 AM | #7

And to any of you who dare say "They should refund this day, Rarrrghh!"

Here's a fun fact:

Most of you are playing off their FREE month that you got on the 25th. They don't owe you jack for today.

Keep going, Bioware. Doing awesome so far!
I'm playing off my month that I got from buying the game after cutting my seven day trial short because I loved the game so much.

I loved it so much that I talked my roommate into buying it. Guess what happened after he bought it. Unscheduled maintenance.

It sucked for me when I accepted my trial and ten a few hours later maintenance was posted but it wasn't a big deal. However... I've only been playing for three days now and there's been two days of maintenance...

Am I really suppose to just drop my other game for this?

afli
04.27.2012 , 01:39 AM | #8
cant say Im upset that the servers are down, for another patch, Im more like anctiously waiting to see what they fixed, what they say have been fixed, but have not, and what new bugs are in the patch, but upset that the servers are down? naah

Bomyne
04.27.2012 , 01:40 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
the reason for some patchnotes not being available till after patches is that they are there to fix loop holes and exploits that have ppl making billions of creds and if they tell ppl about it before hand they can go and do it.... not always the case but it is part of it
The servers are down. Theres no way to exploit anything now. they can at least give us the patch notes.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

DerekMiller
04.27.2012 , 01:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
The servers are down. Theres no way to exploit anything now. they can at least give us the patch notes.
not disagreeing and as the bloke above said i agree with taht to