Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

Guildrum
04.25.2012 , 10:21 PM | #1
So in your opinion, who do you think is the most pointless/overall worst companion in the game? I have not made more than one class to 50, but I have to saw I fail to see the point in Bowdaar for the Smuggler. His only real redeeming quality, is that he's a wookiee.

Seriously, he's, 1. Melodramatic: (I die! Go on without me!) 2. He was SWTOR's equivalent to a WWE wrestler (His fights with Drooga were staged) 3. He's no better at tanking than Corso, and no better at DPS than Akaavi. 4. He sits in the KITCHEN all day surrounded by ALCOHOL, pretty sure Wookiees are not supposed to drink... If I had the choice, I would have made him, 1. Less of a "wannabe noble savage" and 2. Made him act more independent, I mean, the guy was a slave until I saved his butt, once he was freed, don't you think that he might I dunno... Take advantage of that?

Sure, the guy's useful to have on the ship though... So no one steals it again while I am gone. Who is your least favorite companion? And how could they be made better?
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Mirdthestrill
04.25.2012 , 10:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
So in your opinion, who do you think is the most pointless/overall worst companion in the game? I have not made more than one class to 50, but I have to saw I fail to see the point in Bowdaar for the Smuggler. His only real redeeming quality, is that he's a wookiee.

Seriously, he's, 1. Melodramatic: (I die! Go on without me!) 2. He was SWTOR's equivalent to a WWE wrestler (His fights with Drooga were staged) 3. He's no better at tanking than Corso, and no better at DPS than Akaavi. 4. He sits in the KITCHEN all day surrounded by ALCOHOL, pretty sure Wookiees are not supposed to drink... If I had the choice, I would have made him, 1. Less of a "wannabe noble savage" and 2. Made him act more independent, I mean, the guy was a slave until I saved his butt, once he was freed, don't you think that he might I dunno... Take advantage of that?

Sure, the guy's useful to have on the ship though... So no one steals it again while I am gone. Who is your least favorite companion? And how could they be made better?
Why do I need Vector?

Why?

His DPS stinks. He's an off-tank who uses light armor. He's a bugman. All he talks about is bugs. He refers to himself as "we". What's the point? Why not just replace him with a real killik? That would actually be more interesting...
I <3 alts!

Guildrum
04.25.2012 , 10:29 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirdthestrill View Post
Why do I need Vector?

Why?

His DPS stinks. He's an off-tank who uses light armor. He's a bugman. All he talks about is bugs. He refers to himself as "we". What's the point? Why not just replace him with a real killik? That would actually be more interesting...
Well how could he have been made better instead of just outright replacing him? The point of this thread was to give constructive ideas (That Bioware will hopefully take note of, probably not though), not rant about their companions. :P
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Sithhelmet
04.25.2012 , 10:31 PM | #4
So far, the BH companion Skadge. I already had a tank companion, Blizz, (but being a powertech even he's only good for his armormech speed up and to park my tank gear on when I'm in damage gear.) Skadge, like Bowdarr, is just there for most of his introduction- unlike Bowdarr, though you have to use Skadge at the end of the planet's line (Bowdarr's just there and you fight beside him, he's not shoved into your face.)

Skadge does have some decent lines about dying mobs not screaming enough, but meh. He's just there in case a planet runs out of warts and needs a resupply.

BuckyCameron
04.25.2012 , 10:32 PM | #5
I absoluley love Kira, but unfortunatley, she takes very little aggro. Im not saying replace her, im saying increase her threat generation a bit.

LilTsar
04.25.2012 , 11:04 PM | #6
i agree with the op, bowdarr is an uninspired, generic noble savage wookie that bw didn't bother putting any new thoughts into like they did with the wook from kotor 2.

my least favorite though is torian, the melee dps bh companion, who's nothing more than the obligatory female romantic interest with just barely enough of a background to justify his place in the story. beyond 'hey, i'm mandalorian' he's just a stock heartthrob. of course, mako's kinda the same, but, er, well... i got nothing. but still.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

bookist
04.25.2012 , 11:18 PM | #7
Lt. Iresso for the consular. While he is a nice enough tank for those who do not like Qyzen (and at this point most people who use a tank will probably just use Qyzen anyway) he is so boring. I honestly think they just realized that the consular needed another companion so they picked a generic soldier. What's ironic is that Belsavis and Voss gave two people that should've been companions and were more interesting. I mean at least Theran had Holiday.

Crezelle
04.26.2012 , 12:03 AM | #8
skadge..
my bh has enough false accusations on her to be tied with black sun shenannegins
and yes, i agree torian is pretty shallow once you get past " obligatory female partner, and token mando"
but... he makes a descent trophy husband

blizz imo, is a glorified vanity pet.... but he still rocks..cause well, hes blizz
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Clonedzero
04.26.2012 , 12:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BuckyCameron View Post
I absoluley love Kira, but unfortunatley, she takes very little aggro. Im not saying replace her, im saying increase her threat generation a bit.
she's a melee dps character, she's supposed to do very little threat. thats like her job lol. plus she's extremely important tot he story lol.

anyhow back on topic. i'd say the following....

Rusk from the JK. he just sorta joins you for no real reason. plus he's so stiff and not really likable at all.

Bowdaar from the smuggler - he's pretty damn pointless. he's a mopey whiney wookiee. he's got no real personaltiy aside from "hey im a wookiee and im gonna complain about being a slave once".

Iresso from the consular - same thing as rusk, except he's alot more likable as a character.

i'll probably get alot of hate for this one, but i'm going to say Khem Val from the inquisitor. yeah he's story relevent and stuff. it just ALWAYS bugged me why the hell my inquisitor would keep this big Dashade monster around when he CONSTANTLY reminds you how he wants to kill you. why would you do that? makes no sense. (my favorite inquisitor companion oddly enough was ashara, the one most inquisitors complain about lol)

Crito
04.26.2012 , 12:23 AM | #10
So much negativity on these forums. Why all the "which is the worst ..." threads? Why not "which is the best"? pfft
"Entitlement" - The new Godwinism