Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Ability Delay Animations still not addressed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
1.2 Ability Delay Animations still not addressed?

dacozin
04.25.2012 , 08:29 AM | #1
During 1.2 PTS people were noticing ability delay animations when using abilities. For example, on my marauder I would use ravage on the testing dummy/operation boss and my character would do the animation but the ability itself wouldn't be triggered. I would need to RECAST the ability and use another GCD which overall is a huge dps loss overtime which happened to all of my skills. Bioware has had this problem since day one and actually resolved most of it but in 1.2 PTS it was happening again and they just ignored the problem. Now it gets frustrating in raids/pvp to hear people missing abilities due to poor coding. I would just like a confirmation they are aware of the issue.

The three examples take place at :27, 1:02 and 1:07.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIjfgcMZioQ
Death Wind Corridor
Narcosisguild.com
-Geoff

Edryk
04.25.2012 , 08:53 AM | #2
Are you spamming the ability? I have a few abilities bound to mouse wheel up and down and I find that they are the most commonly affected by the 'triggers global and doesn't fire' bug. I assume it's because of 'spamming' the button - in my case scrolling. Sometimes happens 2-3 times in a row.
Spoiler

dacozin
04.25.2012 , 08:59 AM | #3
Im sure everyone spams abilities buttons because that's just the standard of mmo's. I don't think thats the problem when my character is in full animation and nothing goes off.
Death Wind Corridor
Narcosisguild.com
-Geoff

TheRedNalroni
04.25.2012 , 09:00 AM | #4
Ability delay is back in a huge way.
My assassin and Operative is horrendous to play in PVP and Operations.
Ive not pvpd since 1.2 and cannot compete with marauders dps with ability delay and getting left out of operations and groups as a result. Ive not suffered much from ability delay with my mercenary. This is probably a large cause to Actual DPS and Theoretical dps between the dps classes and why Assassins and Operatives are underperforming in a massive massive way. Im unsure how badly this effects other classes. But so far I think the biggest buge bears are Grenade animations from Operative and Thrash, and Discharge from Assassins which makes rotation impossible when your adding a 3 second global cooldown inbetween every 2 rotations or so. Cant exactly change your rotation to remove offending animations either as all the skill talaents are designed for synergy based on alot of these 'offending' abilities

Im cancelling my account 2 days before the payments due again. Thats clsoe to 2 months for them. In the mean time Im just playing alts to kill the time, and Im soooooo bored.

Edryk
04.25.2012 , 09:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dacozin View Post
Im sure everyone spams abilities buttons because that's just the standard of mmo's. I don't think thats the problem when my character is in full animation and nothing goes off.
I'm not offering it as a fix, I'm just trying to narrow down the problem and see if there are consistencies. I've never had it happen when I use Ravage, but it happens all the time on my Rocket Punch. The more info we can provide the devs as to when it happens, the better. Of course everyone spams, that's why I want it fixed.
Spoiler

dacozin
04.25.2012 , 09:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Edryk View Post
I'm not offering it as a fix, I'm just trying to narrow down the problem and see if there are consistencies. I've never had it happen when I use Ravage, but it happens all the time on my Rocket Punch. The more info we can provide the devs as to when it happens, the better. Of course everyone spams, that's why I want it fixed.
Agree.

I just turned the action ability queue window to 1.0 seconds and it seems not to be doing it but this is just a test on a target dummy. I wonder if it has to do something with it being at 0.0 seconds?

What global cooldown style are you guys using? I'm using 4/4

- Nevermind it has to be the coding because im still getting the animation bugs.
Death Wind Corridor
Narcosisguild.com
-Geoff

dacozin
04.25.2012 , 03:47 PM | #7
anything?
Death Wind Corridor
Narcosisguild.com
-Geoff

dacozin
04.26.2012 , 07:44 AM | #8
Noticed last night in EC operation the ability delay is just completely terrible. Seems like its 1/5 skills during raids and a huge dps loss. Some guildies say they aren't feeling the ability lag so I wonder if it just some classes? Marauder annihilation spec atm.
Death Wind Corridor
Narcosisguild.com
-Geoff

Swaggz
04.26.2012 , 07:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Edryk View Post
^^

Haven't seen it much on my Sin, but I do tend to see it on my Merc with Unload and Heatseekers.

dacozin
04.26.2012 , 05:53 PM | #10
Hopefully patch tomorrow resolves this issue and HM EC PROBLEMS
Death Wind Corridor
Narcosisguild.com
-Geoff