Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People are still passing the rakghoul plague....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
People are still passing the rakghoul plague....

marseluswallace
04.25.2012 , 01:25 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Boreus View Post
I have a couple alts still plagued so I can bring them out in 5 years and cause an outbreak (for nostalgia's sake).
LOL epic
Hooflungpoo - Sith Sorcerer/Healer Corellian Run

Durban_Monkey
04.25.2012 , 02:39 AM | #12
that is a good idea, i got an alt on the empire side still plagued

GhoXen
04.25.2012 , 02:41 AM | #13
They should make a boss-level NPC camp in all the space ports. Whoever has the infection now will be forcefully stunned, then injected with a vaccine.

Or die.

Ringwraiths
04.25.2012 , 02:48 AM | #14
Hmm from the webby indicated that the plague had been spreaded beyond Taris , just wondering will there be another event in Taris...
The path to the dark side completed

amnie
04.25.2012 , 03:09 AM | #15
I think it's funny, after all everyone magically being cured would have been kinda out of it.
I would have prefered if they kept the news up for a week now saying that tatooine is under control again but I guess you can't have everything, the news terminals only appear for emergencies ;D

Goretzu
04.25.2012 , 03:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Boreus View Post
I have a couple alts still plagued so I can bring them out in 5 years and cause an outbreak (for nostalgia's sake).
Hehe. Typhoid Boreus.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Cooperal
04.25.2012 , 03:35 AM | #17
A couple of people here are forgetting that PvP is still a strong breeding ground for the rakghoul plague. It's possible the disease could become scarce but it doesn't seem to be dying fast. Getting hit by infected players or accelerating a rakghoul explosion by killing them (which of course has many chances to happen) can lead to one player infecting most of the enemy team and some of their own. The vaccine effect disappears every time you respawn making prevention in PvP very uneconomical over time. Let alone futile to the total eradication of the disease unless everyone surrounding an infected player uses one.

If this was unintended by Bioware, or if they eventually get fed up of it, they can surely rid it of all players with a simple tweak.

DawnAskham
04.25.2012 , 04:17 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Cooperal View Post
A couple of people here are forgetting that PvP is still a strong breeding ground for the rakghoul plague. It's possible the disease could become scarce but it doesn't seem to be dying fast. Getting hit by infected players or accelerating a rakghoul explosion by killing them (which of course has many chances to happen) can lead to one player infecting most of the enemy team and some of their own. The vaccine effect disappears every time you respawn making prevention in PvP very uneconomical over time. Let alone futile to the total eradication of the disease unless everyone surrounding an infected player uses one.

If this was unintended by Bioware, or if they eventually get fed up of it, they can surely rid it of all players with a simple tweak.
I'll venture it was unintended, they probably didn't even think about people still having the debuff and never bothered to write some script or whatever to remove it after the event ended.

And while I'm typing this, I just let my GTN alt stand around long enough to explode, spreading it to all the people at the GTN on my server. Too funny.

TalonSaber
04.25.2012 , 04:26 PM | #19
I have two characters who have the plague but are carriers , they don't blow up and are immune to future

infection !!

Guildrum
04.25.2012 , 04:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
I'll venture it was unintended, they probably didn't even think about people still having the debuff and never bothered to write some script or whatever to remove it after the event ended.

And while I'm typing this, I just let my GTN alt stand around long enough to explode, spreading it to all the people at the GTN on my server. Too funny.
Wait for them to remove the vaccine and cause another outbreak! That'd have been so epic!

Sadly, I do not have any plagued alts...Shame.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith