Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People are still passing the rakghoul plague....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
People are still passing the rakghoul plague....

Necrosia
04.24.2012 , 10:24 PM | #1
I don't get it, the event is over and they're still passing the plague around. They're just being rude i think
Huttball is BRILLIANT! LETS GO BERSERK!

Nexdine
04.25.2012 , 12:36 AM | #2
People are speculating that the Jawa vendor will come back at some point to cater to the people who never traded their DNA in. Which it probably will, once the remaining infections that are out there die out (sooner or later they will without a source of new ones like the Rakghoul.)

Boreus
04.25.2012 , 12:40 AM | #3
I have a couple alts still plagued so I can bring them out in 5 years and cause an outbreak (for nostalgia's sake).
Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force.

SajmanPeetee
04.25.2012 , 12:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexdine View Post
People are speculating that the Jawa vendor will come back at some point to cater to the people who never traded their DNA in. Which it probably will, once the remaining infections that are out there die out (sooner or later they will without a source of new ones like the Rakghoul.)
I'd be willing to venture given the amount of people on Fatman at all times that the plague will never die on this server without GM intervention.

Darth_Moonshadow
04.25.2012 , 12:44 AM | #5
The plague will die out soon enough. People will buy vaccines and avoid contracting it, so unless two guys are constantly blowing themselves up to keep the plague going, it won't last.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Nexdine
04.25.2012 , 12:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SajmanPeetee View Post
I'd be willing to venture given the amount of people on Fatman at all times that the plague will never die on this server without GM intervention.
Assuming people go to the effort of maintaining it as a group, perhaps, but it is avoidable and will eventually fade when people get tired of blowing up.

soldenal
04.25.2012 , 01:01 AM | #7
It is hilarious and a few years down the road you will recall this as good memory.

I think the whole plague idea is brilliant and hope the plague pass on for months.

CapWinterz
04.25.2012 , 01:17 AM | #8
I like it, i see it as an immersion effect, the event ended and everybody was given a vaccine, though it did not work for a small amount of people and they are still spreading it on a minor scale to eventually fade away.
Mandatory Referral link aswell as FAQ.

CrunkShizzle
04.25.2012 , 01:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexdine View Post
so if i got rid of my dna,would i stop getting the annoying rakghoul plague?

Kadin
04.25.2012 , 01:21 AM | #10
Where else can you blow up and upon being resurrected, you have MORE items in your inventory than before?

I hope it stays around on our server for a while and I might do what a poster above said and get an alt I barely play to catch it just for run.