Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to open some In-game mail

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to open some In-game mail
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kaytahn
05.01.2012 , 09:52 PM | #31
I haven't had any problems with my mail.

hasty_thirtyfive
05.02.2012 , 12:03 PM | #32
I've had the same problem on all of my characters. I've put in multiple tickets and the only real response that I've received was the same "CNTRL+U" response that has been sent to others having this problem. Like with the rest of you, that hasn't done anything.

I am glad to learn that BW is looking into the issue. Let's hope that a resolution is forthcoming.
The Andronicus Legacy (Khoonda Militia server)

Banquo - Mercenary
Fedallah - Sniper

shava
05.02.2012 , 03:13 PM | #33
So since the May 1 patch, I had mail that got the pop up error, but I was able to detach the attachments from it, upon which it deleted itself (expected normal result). So...it's kinda fixed? From a sample of one incident, here...

shava
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

Sutii
05.03.2012 , 05:37 PM | #34 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello Evil_Santa,

I would advise that you contact Customer Service either via email or the in-game support system for assistance with that. Please make sure you include as many of the following details as you are able to and one of our Customer Service Representatives will help you out as soon as possible:
  • Server (ie Cosmic Turbine / Darth Malak)
  • Character Name
  • Character Level / Class / Advanced class
  • Name of item(s) attached to the mail:
  • The date and time the mail was sent:
  • Detailed description of the issue
Should you contact us via email please ensure that you do so from the email address associated with your SWTOR account.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, should there be anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us.
Hello everyone,

As per my previous post, I would advise anyone that is still missing or unable to open some in-game mails please contact Customer Service providing the above requested information.

Thank you for your cooperation, if there is anything else we can assist with please do let us know.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

shava
05.10.2012 , 09:25 PM | #35
So, I have to say, it was nice to see this addressed in a recent weekly patch, which declared this bug (which had not been officially acknowledged up to that point) as squashed, in that the pop up would no longer occur.

However, the pop up was occurring as recently as yesterday.

I blogged about the entire process here:

https://plus.google.com/101371184407...ts/BfGtBXeNReN

This whole bug process hasn't reflected well on the communications among droids, users and devs. Something, somewhere is broken. I posted a feedback bug under "Other" and was directed by a droid to file on the forum under "CS feedback" on the forums. This thread seemed like a good place for it, since others who might still be getting the popups might chime in.

It is *awesome* to be able to get my credits and objects. However, as the patch notes indicated that the pop-up would no longer occur with the error, and that is still happening, I thought I'd report that -- I am getting it on multiple alts, and I bet others are still getting it also.

And I bet it ain't a display bug...

Sincerely,
Shava, Bug-hunter
<hums "hey-ey-ey-ey Mr. Postman...>
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */