Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to open some In-game mail

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to open some In-game mail
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gomeslice
04.28.2012 , 09:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ThroneOfOP View Post
Yep.. i have been having problems OPENING emails too.
ERROR message which i should have wrote down..
Tried return to sender but that doesnt work so i just deleted the email and hope it doesnt happen again.
Lost 1 purple gear in one email but i can live with the lost.
But i do a lot of transfer between alts and it has happen to me a total of 5 times since 1.2 patch
Maybe i should have reported this when it first happened.

also note: one of the email was from finishing a quest
I would not delete the emails if you think they have credits or items in them. Yesterday, I was able to retrieve a few that had errored out the previous day. The emails were from successful GTN sales. Keep them until the problem is fixed.

Evil_Santa
04.28.2012 , 11:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Has any affected user not been able to retrieve in-game mail that was unavailable before todays patch?

We do hope to have this issue resolved in a future patch and apologize for the inconvenience until then.
Yeah this happened to me today. 120k item sold on the GTN and i can't get the credits.
Quote:EA CEO John Riccitiello's"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Scrau
04.28.2012 , 06:36 PM | #23
I just had this problem for the first time today. Only happening on 1 of 7 characters, unfortunately it is my bank alt. Same error messages as everyone else "mail server operation failed" or "message could not be sent - reason unknown" (I love that one).

I also have an open ticket with no response.

Sutii
04.28.2012 , 07:08 PM | #24 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Evil_Santa,

I would advise that you contact Customer Service either via email or the in-game support system for assistance with that. Please make sure you include as many of the following details as you are able to and one of our Customer Service Representatives will help you out as soon as possible:
  • Server (ie Cosmic Turbine / Darth Malak)
  • Character Name
  • Character Level / Class / Advanced class
  • Name of item(s) attached to the mail:
  • The date and time the mail was sent:
  • Detailed description of the issue
Should you contact us via email please ensure that you do so from the email address associated with your SWTOR account.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, should there be anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

stephenalandavie
04.28.2012 , 07:29 PM | #25
lol oh look another thread on the mailbox, Getting the hint now BW?

shava
04.28.2012 , 08:08 PM | #26
It's likely that if we don't have an unscheduled downtime between now and May Day, you'll get your stuff back on 5/1 when the servers come back up. Recently that *seems* to have reset the mailbox messages to readable and items to extractable.

But our observed sampling is small and Bioware droids ain't talking specifics either about the nature of the problem or the workaround. After all, this isn't even a known problem, right?

*SIGH*

In the meantime, run in circles yelling, "Mayday! Mayday!"

When in trouble, when in doubt...

shava
Disclaimer: IANAD (I am not a droid)
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

TonyBing
04.29.2012 , 01:33 AM | #27
Just to add Ive experineced this 5 times since 1.2 and lost 400k and 50 high level mats. Please fix asap BW!

kaytahn
05.01.2012 , 12:16 PM | #28
I was able to get all of my mail today

shava
05.01.2012 , 02:00 PM | #29
That's typical lately after a server reboot!

Anyone reporting that they *couldn't* open an old borked email?

And anyone reporting any NEW borked email *since* the May 1 patch?

(I swear, Bioware should be paying me droid wages...

shava
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

Willibus
05.01.2012 , 05:13 PM | #30
its complete bs i have had the same problem and submitted a ticket received a response and their advice worked for some but not all the mail made another ticket and haven't heard anything and now the GTN blows anyone want to tell me why I'm dumb enough to pay $15 a month for this ......................................... oh ya its star wars !