Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to open some In-game mail

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kaytahn
04.25.2012 , 09:28 AM | #11
Well I'm glad they know it is an issue and maybe we'll all get our mail soon.

shava
04.25.2012 , 11:22 AM | #12
I still want to see it in known issues -- or fixed...
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

Queltas
04.25.2012 , 08:08 PM | #13
Same problem here... I can't open any mail from the GTN nor get the credits / items attached... I get the same error message every time "Mail server operation failed.".
"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species… finally, the galaxy itself."

shava
04.25.2012 , 10:24 PM | #14
Well, the question I submitted to the weekly Q&A about it is in the locked thread for tomorrow, so just cross your fingers, maybe it will get someone's attention and make it to known problems and some scrum with the devs this week? Maybe?

Close your eyes and tap your heels together three times...
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

MrLeee
04.26.2012 , 05:23 PM | #15
This has happend to me again today, the 4th time now. Except this time I have 200k credits sitting there and I can't open it!!!
Usually after a server down time I then can open it. But I have to wait until then!
And this has been like this since Patch 1.2. I never had this problem before 1.2

Here is a picture of the error I get....
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...ntopenmail.png
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

Gomeslice
04.27.2012 , 08:29 AM | #16
I was able to get all my credits and items this morning. It appears that the patch last night may have solved the problem.

Cerimon
04.27.2012 , 09:11 AM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Has any affected user not been able to retrieve in-game mail that was unavailable before todays patch?

We do hope to have this issue resolved in a future patch and apologize for the inconvenience until then.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

kaytahn
04.27.2012 , 04:29 PM | #18
I was able to open 5 of the mail that was un-openable before today. I have another 4 that still come up with the error and won't open. Thanks!

ThroneOfOP
04.27.2012 , 04:52 PM | #19
Yep.. i have been having problems OPENING emails too.
ERROR message which i should have wrote down..
Tried return to sender but that doesnt work so i just deleted the email and hope it doesnt happen again.
Lost 1 purple gear in one email but i can live with the lost.
But i do a lot of transfer between alts and it has happen to me a total of 5 times since 1.2 patch
Maybe i should have reported this when it first happened.

also note: one of the email was from finishing a quest
Symbol - Jedi Sage
Folklore - Jedi Sentinal

Gomeslice
04.28.2012 , 09:10 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Has any affected user not been able to retrieve in-game mail that was unavailable before todays patch?

We do hope to have this issue resolved in a future patch and apologize for the inconvenience until then.
I spoke too soon. It worked for all the mails I had on Friday, but when I logged in this morning, I was only able to retrieve one of three, with the other two giving the same error as before the most recent patch.