Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to open some In-game mail

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to open some In-game mail
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kaytahn
04.24.2012 , 09:13 AM | #1
Is anyone else having some trouble with in-game mail? There are several pieces on all of my characters that cannot be opened. I can see that I have mail at the top and at the mailbox I can see the messages, who it is from, the subject line, and even if it has something attached, but when I go to open it an unknown error message pops up and the message continues to say it is unread. This has been happening for about a week and a half. Occasionally it will randomly allow me to open a piece, usually after the patch update, but there are still several pieces that can't be opened. The mail is from various sources, my alts, a GM, NPC's, and the GTN. I have tried resetting the UI multiple times to no effect. Any advice?

Trungal
04.24.2012 , 09:19 AM | #2
Nothing I did fixed it... I even tried returning the mail, but it just disappeared instead. Opened a ticket, but it's not being acted upon.

Hope you have better luck than I have.

Gomeslice
04.24.2012 , 06:30 PM | #3
I am having the same problem with both successful sales and items being returned from the GTN. I seem to be able to mail back and forth between players without a problem. This started for me right after the 1.2 patch. Very frustrating because I am selling things, but not getting the credits or items back.

pianifica
04.24.2012 , 07:48 PM | #4
Having the same issue as well, on both my toons. I'm also an Australian waiting for character transfer, and have a large sum of credits and augmented oranges sitting in my mailbox that I cannot retrieve and which will be destroyed when the character gets transferred

The worst part was I raised a ticket in-game and got a response 15 minutes later to reset the UI by Ctrl+U twice, and then they CLOSED the ticket. Naturally, resetting the UI didn't work, and re-logging didn't work, but they haven't bothered to reply since. I'm resigned to losing those items and credits in the next few days. It was just the added insult to injury from having my unresolved ticket closed on me abruptly that is really frustrating.

shava
04.24.2012 , 08:54 PM | #5
I have been haunting the forums for people with this problem, and seen perhaps a hundred accounts report it. It's been reported as escalated for weeks but hasn't made the known problems list. You can search for my account in this forum to find a lot of reports of the same problem, and also in the current week's Q&A requests -- go there and comment that you have the same issue, and maybe we'll get some feedback. I have this problem on a half dozen alts. It's getting pretty frustrating....

Thanks!
Shava
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

kaytahn
04.24.2012 , 09:16 PM | #6
Yes! I tried sending the mail back and it got lost in the ether. I sent a ticket and they repiled with the Ctrl+U, doesn't work, three tickets later still nothing. This started with 1.2 and it is frustrating not being able to send mail around to myself or get my money from GTN sales. Thanks guys!

VACIndustries
04.24.2012 , 09:39 PM | #7
I'm having the same issue, I sold an item on the GTN, went to get my money, and received an error, didn't get the money.

pianifica
04.24.2012 , 10:17 PM | #8
Please fix. And DON'T close our tickets, because the problem isn't going away. That's just rude.

shava
04.24.2012 , 10:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by pianifica View Post
Please fix. And DON'T close our tickets, because the problem isn't going away. That's just rude.
They kind of have to, because there's no solution, but I agree it's freaking frustrating. If they close our tickets, they should put it on the KNOWN PROBLEMS list. PUT IT ON KNOWN PROBLEMS people!

It's that simple. There's a lot of this going on.

Shava
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

pianifica
04.25.2012 , 12:14 AM | #10
I managed to talk to a customer service agent in-game and they assured me that they've "received several reports from other players as well regarding this concern" and that they are "pleased to inform (me) that we already have a specialized team dedicated in resolving this particular concern as quickly as possible".

While not very specific, at least it looks like it's a known issue now.