Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Download Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cerimon
04.24.2012 , 10:44 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Iamkaydog: I am sorry if you are having to download 11GB. Please let us know if your install folder is significantly larger than 20GB when the client finishes installing.

TaKe_NoTeZ: please try pausing the download for one minute and then un-pause, this can significantly increase the download speed.

Broncomen: A repair loop may indicate a problem on your hard drive that chkdsk can fix.

Run chkdsk
Chkdsk is a tool which is built into Windows that checks your hard drive for bad sectors. We ask you to run chkdsk so that you can be sure that your game files are not being written to a bad segment of your hard drive, causing them to become corrupted.

To run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
  • Open the Windows Start Menu
  • Type 'cmd' in the 'Search programs and files' field and press enter
  • Type 'chkdsk <drive >:' where the drive is the letter of the drive you are installing to, e.g. 'chkdsk c:', and press enter If errors are detected you can repair using the '/r' option, e.g. 'chkdsk c: /r'
To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7):
  • Select 'Computer' from the Windows Start Menu
  • Right-click on the drive you are installing to and select 'Properties'
  • Select the 'Tools' tab
  • Under 'Error Checking' select 'Check now...' If errors are detected, you will be prompted with an option to repair
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

TaKe_NoTeZ
04.24.2012 , 10:51 AM | #12
I've already ran the chkdsk and ran the launcher fixer and still downloading the 11 gigs :/

Broncomen
04.24.2012 , 10:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Iamkaydog: I am sorry if you are having to download 11GB. Please let us know if your install folder is significantly larger than 20GB when the client finishes installing.

TaKe_NoTeZ: please try pausing the download for one minute and then un-pause, this can significantly increase the download speed.

Broncomen: A repair loop may indicate a problem on your hard drive that chkdsk can fix.

Run chkdsk
Chkdsk is a tool which is built into Windows that checks your hard drive for bad sectors. We ask you to run chkdsk so that you can be sure that your game files are not being written to a bad segment of your hard drive, causing them to become corrupted.

To run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
  • Open the Windows Start Menu
  • Type 'cmd' in the 'Search programs and files' field and press enter
  • Type 'chkdsk <drive >:' where the drive is the letter of the drive you are installing to, e.g. 'chkdsk c:', and press enter If errors are detected you can repair using the '/r' option, e.g. 'chkdsk c: /r'
To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7):
  • Select 'Computer' from the Windows Start Menu
  • Right-click on the drive you are installing to and select 'Properties'
  • Select the 'Tools' tab
  • Under 'Error Checking' select 'Check now...' If errors are detected, you will be prompted with an option to repair
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Did this...still get the repair stuff at the end of patching. What now?

DK-Marcus
04.24.2012 , 11:12 AM | #14
I cannot download the patch. It stops at "0,05 MB remaining" - and telling me "Network error while downloading patch data - retrying......".

And then nothing happens. NOTHING.

I have chkdsk , defragged, reset files....tryed again....end up in the same situation....

HELP, Bioware....

I should have been playing now....NOT working patch issues....

Exacutus
04.24.2012 , 11:14 AM | #15
I am having the same issue as the above poster where it says "Network error while downloading, retrying..." Like he said, nothing is happening.
Peace is a Lie...

DK-Marcus
04.24.2012 , 11:20 AM | #16
Just tryed again. Deleting half downloaded files. restarting the computer, and it stops again on 0,05 MB remaining....

????

DK-Marcus
04.24.2012 , 11:22 AM | #17
And btw - I cannot repair in the game launcher window....

Very frustrating. I know Bioware sometimes compensates with a free day of playing, but it does not give me back time wasted now....I hould be playing now....

DK-Marcus
04.24.2012 , 11:33 AM | #18
OK - strange.

I connected my laptop with a cable to the router - and now I can download and patch. Never been a problem before....

Playing .-)

CidTrip
04.24.2012 , 11:43 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Broncomen View Post
Same thing here I am in an endless loop of repairing. What the heck is going on.
The same thing happened to me with the 1.2 patch. I had to uninstall the game and reinstall from scratch. Probably not what you wanted to hear but at least it'll get you playing again.
House Acid - Trippin / Darktrip / Microdot

Dalig
04.24.2012 , 11:54 AM | #20
They have no idea how to fix the repair loop issue. They have taken to using the same copy and paste response trying to blame peoples hardware. The way to fix it is to simply let it run in the infinite repair loop until it gets through and finally is able to DL all of the files or if you are like myself, the only fix seems to be to uninstall the game and start from scratch after every patch.

During last weeks patch I posted on the forum, and sent 2 tickets to BW through email. Never did get a response on the forums, this is probably because I told them not to try and blame my isp or my hardware. As for the email tickets, I got a nice automated response yesterday from them saying that they thanked me for letting them know about the issue. Just shy of a week later.

Simple fact of the matter is they have issues with the patcher and the networking set up they are using for the patcher. It only affects a small percentage of us so there is not and will not be any public acknowledgment that there is something wrong on their end. All you have to do is read the sticky 1.2 patch issues thread to see this.

I wish you all luck and hope that you are able to get through to the patcher and get into the game. As for me I will reload the game if the "repair" doesn't work and it will be the last time I do so and I only do this to take advantage of the free month.