Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel vs Marauder?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sentinel vs Marauder?

Projawa
04.09.2014 , 05:47 PM | #21
Marauders have better animations, voice acting, story.

Kaos_KidSWTOR
04.10.2014 , 02:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
Marauders have better animations, voice acting, story.
Ill vouch for the voice acting and story, but i like some of the Sentinel's animations more than Mara's.

Merciless Slash > Annihilate

Slash > Vicious Slash

Master Strike > Ravage

MCaliban
04.27.2014 , 08:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JeiTeOo View Post
Is there any difference between the two(besides that they are on different factions), because i cannot decide which one to roll for my next character, any help deciding?
Sentinel gets a healer first.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

Chembox
04.28.2014 , 06:28 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
No body is a better healer then Quinn

And if you asked me, Dark-side Male Marauder seems to be the one story in the game that feels like it could be the most official lore. You get the best dialogue, the two best romance options in the game, you push the furthest into the timeline, and you end up becoming the strongest character in the game lore wise (and we've been the best dps class for the last five patches, it's amazing).

Your gonna have the best ride playing a marauder so let us know how much your enjoying it!

DomiSotto
04.28.2014 , 10:43 AM | #25
SO far what I have seen of the JK looked far more epic than what I have seen from SW. I have seen the ending of Chapter 2 with JK, and am on Tatooine with Mara. Mara seems to parallel Consular more than Knight, at least right now. At a glance, I like JK's crew more though not the romance options, with cooler characters. Romance options for both are uninspiring for me. Not that I don't like characters, I do, just not as romances.

stormdrakelord
04.28.2014 , 12:09 PM | #26
I do not think you can beat smuggler in terms of looks. Sure the animations and story are weird, but they make up for those by being one of the the most fabulous classes in the game

Plus, I think Mirialan makes a great knight, and a Sith Pureblood makes a great Warrior.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

DomiSotto
04.28.2014 , 02:23 PM | #27
Smuggler Animations are my fav in the game so far! The way she clicks her heels and tosses that coin, aww.... (heart)

Mara animations are over the top, but very flashy - flashier than the knight's in my view, and I have plenty time to watch Knight's animation from my place in the back, with the boy band, healing him. I mean, the gal who heals by producing red smoke is so much better than a golden-glowing girl.

Swissbob
04.28.2014 , 05:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
Difference:

One is Empire, therefor is Bioware's god child. They have cooler looking armor, better story lines, more fun quests, smoother and better looking animations, interesting companions, and better worlds to play on.

One is Republic. Bioware never intended there to be a Republic originally, it was an afterthought. It has clunky and dumb looking animations, a mediocre story, worlds that look half complete, quests that are either bugged or bland(or both), boring companions, and armor that looks absolutely atrocious.

Choose wisely, young one.
Yeah, Bioware never intended anyone to play as the Republic in The Old Republic. The Republic was actually an afterthought in The Old Republic. You can really tell by looking at the promotions and advertisements, that use slogans like "Choose your Side", "Fight for the Republic or Empire", "Choose the Light or Dark Side", that the Empire is the sole focus of the game.

I know this is a troll, but it was just too stupid for me to resist.

Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
What? No.... Both get their Healer on Balmorra, which for the Marauder is Level 16-20, and for the Knight that's Level 33-36.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chembox View Post
No body is a better healer then Quinn

And if you asked me, Dark-side Male Marauder seems to be the one story in the game that feels like it could be the most official lore. You get the best dialogue, the two best romance options in the game, you push the furthest into the timeline, and you end up becoming the strongest character in the game lore wise (and we've been the best dps class for the last five patches, it's amazing).

Your gonna have the best ride playing a marauder so let us know how much your enjoying it!
This is another conversation for another thread (in another forum), but I think that's far from settled.....

As for my answer to the OP.... I enjoy my Marauder more... barely. But it's completely subjective.

Which appeals more to you, Jedi or Sith? Saving the galaxy or dominating it? Hero or Villain? etc. It's really going to vary person to person and you're gonna have to play both to really decide which you prefer, so I'd recommend pick whichever one grabs you and play it, and if you don't like it, try the other.
______________________Guild Master____________________
<The Nightmare Legacy><The Horizon Legacy>
_________________The Shadowlands

Chembox
04.28.2014 , 07:54 PM | #29
To be honest, after reading that mess of a response to three people, I'd really be quite embarrassed if you were my guild leader.
You start out by responding to a blatant troll and then admitting your too immature to resist the temptation and your negative emotional impulses...
Then you do a fantastic job of making yourself look like a idiot by contradicting yourself with the second guy. If Marauders get the healing companion at ~20 and the Sentinel gets it ~30 then they don't get them at the same time now do they...
Then when you get to me you clearly are barely able to read by this point and just start going off on how Republic = Good Guy, Imperials = Bad Guy. Why thank you because everyone who has responded in this thread before you was seriously struggling with that information that only a professional who has had endless amounts of game time here would be able to reveal to us...

This should really be on the front page of your website so people understand who is trying to manage them.. I mean in one post you responded to three people who were never trying to talk to you and managed to make yourself look immature and impulsive by the first response then unintelligent by the second. I really hope your obnoxious signature is just a joke and your not in charge of managing any form of human or any form of intelligence for that matter because you would be severely crippling them and the gaming experience they have.

Swissbob
04.29.2014 , 08:42 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Chembox View Post
To be honest, after reading that mess of a response to three people, I'd really be quite embarrassed if you were my guild leader.
You start out by responding to a blatant troll and then admitting your too immature to resist the temptation and your negative emotional impulses...
Then you do a fantastic job of making yourself look like a idiot by contradicting yourself with the second guy. If Marauders get the healing companion at ~20 and the Sentinel gets it ~30 then they don't get them at the same time now do they...
Then when you get to me you clearly are barely able to read by this point and just start going off on how Republic = Good Guy, Imperials = Bad Guy. Why thank you because everyone who has responded in this thread before you was seriously struggling with that information that only a professional who has had endless amounts of game time here would be able to reveal to us...

This should really be on the front page of your website so people understand who is trying to manage them.. I mean in one post you responded to three people who were never trying to talk to you and managed to make yourself look immature and impulsive by the first response then unintelligent by the second. I really hope your obnoxious signature is just a joke and your not in charge of managing any form of human or any form of intelligence for that matter because you would be severely crippling them and the gaming experience they have.
(Acknowledging the decent chance you're trolling me, I'm going to continue with the assumption that you're not, seeing as how your first post was at least somewhat serious and this will be a much less interesting post if I assume you are trolling.)

Woah, settle down, my friend. It's all in good fun.... It's a response on the SWTOR forums, not a personal threat to your mother...

(And you might want to re-read your post before telling someone to control their "negative emotional impulses". )

Namecalling and insults, ahoy! If some guy on the internet responding to some troll on a forum who isn't you gets you so frustrated and angry that you feel you need to make a post that resorts to name calling and personal insults, I would suggest avoiding the Internet entirely.

Oh of course they don't get it at the same time.... the Marauder gets it *first*, and the person I was responding to said the Sentinel gets it first....

My only response to you was a single sentence, just saying that it's not completely confirmed that the Sith Warrior is the most powerful lore-wise... The rest was to the OP.

And the next paragraph and a half of your post is just more insults and namecalling complete with incorrect grammar, punctuation, spelling, sarcasm, and hilarious irony. Nothing of substance to respond to, and I don't want to derail the thread more.

Peace be with you friend, and may someone make you smile.
______________________Guild Master____________________
<The Nightmare Legacy><The Horizon Legacy>
_________________The Shadowlands