Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel vs Marauder?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sentinel vs Marauder?

JeiTeOo
04.20.2012 , 06:53 PM | #1
Is there any difference between the two(besides that they are on different factions), because i cannot decide which one to roll for my next character, any help deciding?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darthshnooky
04.20.2012 , 07:27 PM | #2
No difference. Would you rather be a Jedi or Sith? They have two different stories and aesthetic differences -- nothing in terms of gameplay.

JeiTeOo
04.20.2012 , 10:26 PM | #3
alright thanks, i'm going with sith because of vette ^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deviltreh
04.21.2012 , 12:06 AM | #4
Rupture looks way cooler for Siths.
The bravery of being out of range...

Smash now does 100% damage to targeted enemy and 33% damage to all other enemies. <- there, I fixed Smash, how hard it is?..

GhoXen
04.21.2012 , 04:05 AM | #5
The only issue I have is that Sentinels use burn as DOT, while Marauders use bleed as DOT, the latter doesn't make any sense with lightsabers.

And so now I roll with vibroswords.

illgot
04.21.2012 , 04:56 AM | #6
The burn helps the scoundrel class, the bleed doesn't help the operative class.

jbuschell
04.21.2012 , 07:01 AM | #7
Meh I actually think the sentinel moves look cooler, more acrobatic and fluid, where marauders win out with better lookig armor
E-Thuggin since 1987

Bamxk
04.22.2012 , 03:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by jbuschell View Post
Meh I actually think the sentinel moves look cooler, more acrobatic and fluid, where marauders win out with better lookig armor
Ya I agree, the sentinals moves do look better IMO. I tried lvling a maurader after my sentinal and didnt like the skill animations as much
Sentinel

Darthshnooky
04.22.2012 , 09:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GhoXen View Post
The only issue I have is that Sentinels use burn as DOT, while Marauders use bleed as DOT, the latter doesn't make any sense with lightsabers.

And so now I roll with vibroswords.
Obi-Wan cuts off Ponda Baba's arm in ANH, you can see it bleeding on the floor; Luke cuts off the wampa's arm in ESB, you can see blood from it; when Obi-Wan slashes through Darth Maul in TPM, you can see a red mist spray up from it. Lightsabers do NOT instantly cauterize wounds, but bleeding in the movies is kept to a minimum for ratings reasons. Bleed damage makes perfect sense.

Hizoka
04.23.2012 , 01:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
The burn helps the scoundrel class, the bleed doesn't help the operative class.
except they are both the same its DoT doing internal damage.