Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

280-2000+ damage bounty hunter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
280-2000+ damage bounty hunter?

Kneemo
12.17.2011 , 11:49 AM | #1
not sure if this was supposed to go in a class forum, but it's not about any particular class really.

but while i was waiting for hammer station, i inspected a bounty hunter that was accompanying me (me being assassin). i noticed that she had a ridiculously high damage rating in her stats. went up to 2000+ at level 17.

i'm no where near that number at 17 as well. so is this just how bounty hunters are? if so what would the drawback be for being one if the damage is crazy high? or perhaps i'm just not geared well enough? i always felt i had good gear for where i was at.

Bengando
12.17.2011 , 12:32 PM | #2
high burst damage maybe?

MajikMyst
12.17.2011 , 12:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kneemo View Post
not sure if this was supposed to go in a class forum, but it's not about any particular class really.

but while i was waiting for hammer station, i inspected a bounty hunter that was accompanying me (me being assassin). i noticed that she had a ridiculously high damage rating in her stats. went up to 2000+ at level 17.

i'm no where near that number at 17 as well. so is this just how bounty hunters are? if so what would the drawback be for being one if the damage is crazy high? or perhaps i'm just not geared well enough? i always felt i had good gear for where i was at.
Just curious?? But, without a damage meter.. How exactly are you measuring your damage?? Let alone the damage of someone else??
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

ZoiN
12.17.2011 , 12:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Just curious?? But, without a damage meter.. How exactly are you measuring your damage?? Let alone the damage of someone else??
Isn't it possible to turn on other people's floating damage so you can see their's as well as your own ?

Kneemo
12.17.2011 , 02:03 PM | #5
no if you inspect somebody you can look at their stats. under their stats is a damage rating (the range of damage they will do based on weapons and armor and stat boosting buffs). that's not what i actually saw her doing, but her stats show some crazy high damage, unless that's normal for bounty hunters.

Apoxie
12.17.2011 , 02:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoiN View Post
Isn't it possible to turn on other people's floating damage so you can see their's as well as your own ?
Yeah but then you have to factor activation time / cast time into the equation. Also cooldown on abilities.

2000 damage on a 3 second ability is worse then 1000 damage on a 1 second ability, but from floating text you would figure the first as being best.
General Beta Tester, waiting for launch in 3, 2, 1...

Tirium
12.17.2011 , 02:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kneemo View Post
no if you inspect somebody you can look at their stats. under their stats is a damage rating (the range of damage they will do based on weapons and armor and stat boosting buffs). that's not what i actually saw her doing, but her stats show some crazy high damage, unless that's normal for bounty hunters.
I'm level 30 and I believe my mainhand is listed at 4.5k, it's no where near what we do. I have no idea as to why this is displayed like this.
7-21-11 Midnight PST: Never Forget.
An ignored thread on how to fix PVP: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=413697

DeeckTator
12.17.2011 , 02:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirium View Post
I'm level 30 and I believe my mainhand is listed at 4.5k, it's no where near what we do. I have no idea as to why this is displayed like this.
Its probaly dmg vs no damage resist (armor rating and such). But you never attack something with no dmg resist, so you see lower numbers when you actually attack.

ArchonSaar
12.17.2011 , 02:17 PM | #9
what you saw is actually 200, not 2000 - it's a known bug with missing a . (aka 200.0)

Kneemo
12.17.2011 , 03:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchonSaar View Post
what you saw is actually 200, not 2000 - it's a known bug with missing a . (aka 200.0)
ah i see, wasn't aware of this bug before.