Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bobo Fett Vs Batman

jarjarloves
04.17.2012 , 07:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I suggest you watch the commentary on the special edition OT, then. George decided not to have Fett climb out as a scene since it didn't fit with the end of Jedi being so cheerful and sweet and all that. And at no time did he retcon anything in the Bounty Hunter Wars, since the different levels of canon are there for a reason. G, T, C, and N. It hasn't changed, man. lol In fact, so far only a few things in the ExU have been declared completely N-Canon. Wookiee Force sensitivity being one of them. And even then, he didn't make it retroactive. So Lowie and any previous Wookiee Jedi still exist. Just no other Wookiees can become Jedi now.

Also, as long as nothing in the ExU DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS the Movies, it's considered either T or C Canon. Clone Wars is T-Canon, for example. Besides, if a character's survival had been Retconned, no further books would be written about that character being alive, unless they took place prior to his or her death. Read up on it.
Here is the exact quote from the DVD commentary

Quote:
"In the case of Boba Fett's death, had I known he was gonna turn into such a popular character, I probably would've made it a little bit more exciting. Boba Fett was just another one of the minions, another one of the bounty hunters and badguys. But, he became such a favorite of everybody's that, for having such a small part, uh he had a very large presence. And now that his history has been told in the first trilogy, y'know, it makes it even more of a misstep that we wouldn't make more out of the event of his defeat, because most people don't believe he died anyway. I'd contemplated putting in that extra shot in where he climbs out of the hole, but y'know I figure that's . . . it doesn't quite fit, in the end."

Source: Return of the Jedi DVD Commentary, 33:01, 9/04
He still says Boba Fett is dead there. He talks about doing 2 things.

1. having him crawl out which wouldn't fit ( keep in mind George has no problem adding in scenes with Boba Fett to A New Hope and the extra scene during the Musical number in Jabba's Palace..... yeah Lucas thought a song and dance fit more then Boba fett escaping.)

2. Making his DEATH more exciting.

But he still says he dies

here is another quote from George about Boba

Quote:
"I don't know why. [Laughs]. I'm mystified by it. He's a mysterious character. He's a provocative character. He seems like an all powerful character, except he gets killed. Although he's gotten killed, the people who write the books, and everything, and the comics say 'we can't kill him, we gotta bring him back, we can't let him die!'"

Source: MTV re: Boba Fett's popularity

and one more quote about it

Quote:
Lucas reconsidered going back and glamorizing the death of bounty hunter Boba Fett, a secondary character who became a cult favorite. He considered "having Boba Fett survive and crawl out of the" mouth of the sand creature in Jedi. "But that doesn't quite fit in the end."

Source: USA Today, 9/04, interview with Mike Snider
now find me one quote where George says "Boba Fett doesn't die"

The Bounty Hunter Wars are not canon for several reasons.

1. Boba Fett survives - as we established G-canon states that he is dead

2. The entire Bounty Hunter History. - with the Clone Wars we are seeing an entire retcon of Boba Fetts backstory and how he met the other Bounty hunters and their individual stories.

3. Everything after ROTJ is not canon. - George Lucas said in an interview that everything that happens after ROTJ doesn't happen. Here is the exact quote

Quote:
TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"
LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

As for the Canon levels, yes I am well versed on them and one of the main points of C-canon is that for it to be canon it CAN NOT CONTRADICT G or T canon. Boba Fett surviving does this therefore it is not canon.

The only reason Boba Fett books are still being written is because they discovered any book that has Boba Fett on the cover sells far more then any other star wars book. So they keep making them but that doesn 't make it canon.

Just because it has the Lucas Films logo on it doesn't make it canon.

Is Star Tours in Disney World Canon???? No of course not.

Morticoccus
04.17.2012 , 07:27 PM | #22
The fight is entirely dependent on writers, if the awesomest goddess of the EU wrote the fight, Boba would cough and Batman would run off screaming. Otherwise one good Batarang hit should do it, then again since Batman is the king of exposition and deus ex machina use he probably has an Anti-Mandalorian spray somewhere in his utility belt.

Because Boba Fett totally isn't an old man by now or anything.

Also, as far as I remember he actually crawls out of the hole in one of the comics, then he get dumped back in with an entire sandcrawler on top of him, and he still comes back later. Personally I just find it amusing, he's this two dimensional character and yet everyone worked their asses off to give him a personality and background story, and at the same time they made him unkillable, which ruins any point of immersion.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

ReiKai
04.17.2012 , 08:15 PM | #23
Boba appears alive in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The EU brings him back as surviving.

Either way, Bats still beats him handily.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

jarjarloves
04.17.2012 , 08:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Boba appears alive in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The EU brings him back as surviving.

Either way, Bats still beats him handily.
that doesn't matter. Like I said before the EU has to fit in with G-canon to be considered canon.

The only way that Boba Fett living could be canon would be if George added a new scene in ROTJ where he lives OR if george lucas comes out and says Boba Fett did not die in the Sarlac pit.

Boba fett was also in Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSz8uRh3zO4

That game was 100% made by Lucas Arts.

Jedi Acadamy wasn't made by Lucasarts AT ALL.

scootacrazy
04.17.2012 , 08:45 PM | #25
omg who cares about canon this canon that. what really matters is how badly boba would get destroyed by batman.

jarjarloves
04.17.2012 , 08:53 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by scootacrazy View Post
omg who cares about canon this canon that. what really matters is how badly boba would get destroyed by batman.
well like I said Boba gets killed by a Blind Smuggler. One shotted really. Batman however killed Darksied a guy who is more powerfull then superman.

Captain_Zone
04.17.2012 , 09:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
Here is the exact quote from the DVD commentary

He still says Boba Fett is dead there. He talks about doing 2 things.

1. having him crawl out which wouldn't fit ( keep in mind George has no problem adding in scenes with Boba Fett to A New Hope and the extra scene during the Musical number in Jabba's Palace..... yeah Lucas thought a song and dance fit more then Boba fett escaping.)

2. Making his DEATH more exciting.

But he still says he dies

here is another quote from George about Boba

and one more quote about it

now find me one quote where George says "Boba Fett doesn't die"

The Bounty Hunter Wars are not canon for several reasons.

1. Boba Fett survives - as we established G-canon states that he is dead

2. The entire Bounty Hunter History. - with the Clone Wars we are seeing an entire retcon of Boba Fetts backstory and how he met the other Bounty hunters and their individual stories.

3. Everything after ROTJ is not canon. - George Lucas said in an interview that everything that happens after ROTJ doesn't happen. Here is the exact quote

As for the Canon levels, yes I am well versed on them and one of the main points of C-canon is that for it to be canon it CAN NOT CONTRADICT G or T canon. Boba Fett surviving does this therefore it is not canon.

The only reason Boba Fett books are still being written is because they discovered any book that has Boba Fett on the cover sells far more then any other star wars book. So they keep making them but that doesn 't make it canon.

Just because it has the Lucas Films logo on it doesn't make it canon.

Is Star Tours in Disney World Canon???? No of course not.
And of course you missed the point. He says INSTEAD OF, but you don't get it. The Original Screenplay is still G-Canon. Also, if he really wanted Fett to be dead, he would have retconned all Boba Fett books and comics that portray him as alive after RotJ. He hasn't. It's still C-Canon at the very least, and thanks to that little loophole, it's most likely also G-Canon. Just because it didn't fit into RotJ, doesn't make it less true. It did NOT contradict the rest of the movie. There would have been no repercussion if he HAD climbed out at the end, other than there would have been no doubt. You also missed the part where he DID say it was "possible" when asked in that same USA Today interview if Fett could possibly make it out. I mean, he DID originally write it that way. George only "declared" him "dead" since it was convenient, and he honestly doesn't care what the fans think.

But whatever. You'll probably tell us all that "Han shot last" next, right?

But seriously, Batman has come back from the "dead". So has Boba Fett. Just another thing they have in common.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

mefit
04.17.2012 , 10:43 PM | #28
Batman beats Boba Fett without any issues .

Batman is just too bad*** plan and simple . There is 1billion reasons he would win and why Boba would lose . I like Boba Fett but Batman is able to beat Godlike beings , as he has done to Superman .
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

mefit
04.17.2012 , 10:49 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
that doesn't matter. Like I said before the EU has to fit in with G-canon to be considered canon.

The only way that Boba Fett living could be canon would be if George added a new scene in ROTJ where he lives OR if george lucas comes out and says Boba Fett did not die in the Sarlac pit.

Boba fett was also in Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSz8uRh3zO4

That game was 100% made by Lucas Arts.

Jedi Acadamy wasn't made by Lucasarts AT ALL.
StarWars EU does not fit in Lucas Canon , its really a bunch of bull and a way to sell movies and make sure EU never causes issues with Movies .
When people talk of canon ("Not Directed just to poster but all Canon Posters") it reminds me of "My daddy said this is that and that is this" , really the whole Canon thing is kinda wacky and self defeating .
DC never pulls canon card with Movies , Books , Comics, and Games
Marvel..............same as above
People just always seem to move past canon issues and enjoy stories whatnot . Maybe this is why StarWars fans seem emo .
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

MORTTUUM
04.18.2012 , 01:16 AM | #30
No-win/no-lose draw due to total exhaustion.
I hate violence. I'm just really, really prepared for Peace.