Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bobo Fett Vs Batman

grandmthethird
04.17.2012 , 10:24 AM | #11
boba fett, because darth vader says hes the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. if hes got the backing of vader, then thats good enough for me
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Gilidis
04.17.2012 , 10:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I don't think terrain would be too much of a factor, considering that they have done stuff in a variety of environments. That being said, if they know about eachother before the fight Batman has already won because he has a plan and a backup for the plan, and a backup for the backup, and the backup, for the backup, for the backup plan. If not then...well Batman can think on the fly, so he could still win.
Totally. I wouldn't been able to say it better myself. Go, go, Batman!
To settle down nicely, there's credits. For everything else.. There's a good blaster.

ReiKai
04.17.2012 , 10:41 AM | #13
Batman sneaks up on Superman. Boba stands no chance. Bats has access to Tech that Boba can't even fathom.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

TheBentOne
04.17.2012 , 11:11 AM | #14
Boba Fett is the Batman of star wars. They both had their parents killed in a traumatic matter than turned them into who they became. They both live in a world full of super powerful demigods and manage to get by with guile, cunning, and a massive array of high tech gadgets. They both are absolutely awesome and BA.

I have too much respect for either character to pick a winner.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.

Captain_Zone
04.17.2012 , 04:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
Boba Fett is the Batman of star wars. They both had their parents killed in a traumatic matter than turned them into who they became. They both live in a world full of super powerful demigods and manage to get by with guile, cunning, and a massive array of high tech gadgets. They both are absolutely awesome and BA.

I have too much respect for either character to pick a winner.
^This right here. I've been reading Batman since before I saw the Holiday Special. That said, I've been a Fett Fan since Empire Strikes Back, and can tell you that BOTH are the best detectives in their respective universes. Fett tracked the Falcon to Bespin by trajectory alone, called up Vader to give him the 411, and then he AND the Empire beat them to Cloud City.

Batman, on the other hand, has has solved cases of multiversal scope, and fought villains of probably an even higher caliber than Fett has. Both have fought superpowered beings, and both have emerged victorious.

The battle would be either extremely long or extremely short. I, however, refuse to choose a winner. It really could go either way.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

jarjarloves
04.17.2012 , 05:19 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by YatYas View Post
Boba, he can see in the dark, has 360 vision in his helmet, you can't sneak up behind him. Hasn't anyone read "tales of the empire"? He sets traps within traps, and would just blindside batman, while he was at home paying bruce wayne. Thats the way he'd roll.
no he doesn't if he did he would have never been taken out by a blind Han Solo. I'm willing to bet Tales of the Empire isn't canon anymore.

Did it come out around the same time as Tales of the Bounty Hunters?

Captain_Zone
04.17.2012 , 05:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
no he doesn't if he did he would have never been taken out by a blind Han Solo. I'm willing to bet Tales of the Empire isn't canon anymore.

Did it come out around the same time as Tales of the Bounty Hunters?
The best part is that Lucas never retconned The Bounty Hunter Wars, and it leaked out that his original screenplay for Episode VI had Fett climbing out of the Sarlacc pit at the end of the movie. That right there says it all. In C-Canon, Fett is alive. In G-Canon, since it was never retconned, and since UNPUBLISHED portions of screenplay are STILL considered G-Canon, Boba Fett is alive. All the Boba haters can chew on that one.
. OPOD

jarjarloves
04.17.2012 , 05:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
The best part is that Lucas never retconned The Bounty Hunter Wars, and it leaked out that his original screenplay for Episode VI had Fett climbing out of the Sarlacc pit at the end of the movie. That right there says it all. In C-Canon, Fett is alive. In G-Canon, since it was never retconned, and since UNPUBLISHED portions of screenplay are STILL considered G-Canon, Boba Fett is alive. All the Boba haters can chew on that one.
no that never happend. There was never a script where he cilmbed out. Also that is 100% untrue about unpublished portions of the script being G-canon. I dont know where you get that idea from.

You might have gotten it confused with filmed delted scenes are canon as long as they don't contradict the movies are g-canon. Such as the scene where Luke watches the attack on the princesses ship from tattoine and then talks to Biggs and his friends. But there is no G-canon scene of boba fett living.

But I will play along with you. Lets just say there is an unpublished screenplay that says boba fett crawled.

It wouldn't matter as The movie, the OFFICIAL script, the Novel, and GEORGE LUCAS all say he died.

edit: Oh also he did retcon Bounty Hunter Wars when they came out with the new canon system which states anything that breaks G-canon is not canon on any level. Boba Fett is dead so any story about him living is not canon.

George Lucas says everything after Return of the Jedi is not canon.

Mr_Maniac
04.17.2012 , 06:42 PM | #19
Obviously Batman would have some Bounty Hunter-repellent spray, or something.

Captain_Zone
04.17.2012 , 07:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
no that never happend. There was never a script where he cilmbed out. Also that is 100% untrue about unpublished portions of the script being G-canon. I dont know where you get that idea from.

You might have gotten it confused with filmed delted scenes are canon as long as they don't contradict the movies are g-canon. Such as the scene where Luke watches the attack on the princesses ship from tattoine and then talks to Biggs and his friends. But there is no G-canon scene of boba fett living.

But I will play along with you. Lets just say there is an unpublished screenplay that says boba fett crawled.

It wouldn't matter as The movie, the OFFICIAL script, the Novel, and GEORGE LUCAS all say he died.

edit: Oh also he did retcon Bounty Hunter Wars when they came out with the new canon system which states anything that breaks G-canon is not canon on any level. Boba Fett is dead so any story about him living is not canon.

George Lucas says everything after Return of the Jedi is not canon.
I suggest you watch the commentary on the special edition OT, then. George decided not to have Fett climb out as a scene since it didn't fit with the end of Jedi being so cheerful and sweet and all that. And at no time did he retcon anything in the Bounty Hunter Wars, since the different levels of canon are there for a reason. G, T, C, and N. It hasn't changed, man. lol In fact, so far only a few things in the ExU have been declared completely N-Canon. Wookiee Force sensitivity being one of them. And even then, he didn't make it retroactive. So Lowie and any previous Wookiee Jedi still exist. Just no other Wookiees can become Jedi now.

Also, as long as nothing in the ExU DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS the Movies, it's considered either T or C Canon. Clone Wars is T-Canon, for example. Besides, if a character's survival had been Retconned, no further books would be written about that character being alive, unless they took place prior to his or her death. Read up on it.
. OPOD