Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tell Them What You Want!

TheLonelyTusken
04.14.2012 , 11:12 PM | #1
So I've been hearing a lot of complaining and overall disdain towards the new 1.2 gear, and most if not all of the game's gear in general. It seems as though people shift towards classic Star Wars apparel instead of the frilly extravagant fantasy gear.

So, instead of just complaining endlessly, I've created this thread for the community to shed it's ideas, post screenshots, and describe what gear would be good.

Rules:
.Post screenshots, or design gear yourself with drawings and such
.Write ideas for gear and concepts you want to see
.No hating, people have different opinions

This thread is for the developers to see what we want, so if you really want to make a difference, post what you want.
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

kirorx
04.14.2012 , 11:27 PM | #2
This is almost going to come off as sarcasm but it is sincere

http://www.moddb.com/groups/jedi-ord.../jedi-and-sith

That is what we want...Simple.

And....Cowboy hats for Bounty Hunters FTW IMO.

TheLonelyTusken
04.14.2012 , 11:31 PM | #3
Heh, those are great, I like how simple the SW ones look.

We need something more to distinguish them though maybe some light touches like different shoulders.

I was thinking of different capes and cloaks, maybe tattering and ones where the cape extends around the waist with a regular robe.
/waveshands

TheLonelyTusken
04.14.2012 , 11:37 PM | #4
In my opinion, the designers should take a step away from the extravagant looks of the 1.2 gear. Armor like the inquisitor's warmaster gear just looks terribly strange. It doesn't feel like Star Wars in that gear.

In my opinion, there should be a larger divide between the gear of the advanced classes. We are made to think they are completely different by not being able to switch, but the gear seems to be all to similar. Assassins and Sorcerers have a uniquely different personality, yet their gear tends to be all the same. Sorcerers should be more extravagant and evil while assassin's gear should be more dark and dreary.
/waveshands

Nighttouch
04.15.2012 , 12:31 AM | #5
May the Force serve you well.

moowart
04.15.2012 , 01:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nighttouch View Post

oooh the darth saber... i want and am not even imp!
If I have offended you with my opinion, you should hear the ones I keep to myself!

REiiGN
04.15.2012 , 01:33 AM | #7
I think Bioware is trolling Star Wars. Seriously, when they were thinking about which universe to screw up, they thought of Star Wars.

This honestly needed to be KOTOR 3. Sony should have gone back to the drawing board and made an appreciative SW:G sequel, and Lucasarts get their head out of their butt and make Battlefront 3. Oh and an updated X-wing vs TIE fighter.
Sith Warrior-Marauder. In-game name(Athan)

Darnu
04.15.2012 , 02:28 AM | #8
Personally I don't think the whole gearing up for stats makes any sense for Star Wars. The idea stats come from gear flies completely in the face of not only what the Force is, the Jedi way of living, and the idea of killing and taking trophies and gaining power from said trophies makes no sense. Jedi and Sith train in the ways of the Force and master the Force, gain knowledge in the Force etc, they don't go on treasure-hunting missions killing and taking gear and becoming more powerful through items like other Fantasy games - or they shouldn't anyway, even if it is an MMO. Gear is fine as a trophy/dress-up RP thing, but stats should be directly applied to your characters somehow. Stats should come from things like holocrons and training session things, meditation, rituals etc. Weapon damage and armor value are the only stats that is gear-related and make sense, and some abilities should be related to having things like a belt, implants, rocket pack etc equipped.

Star Wars-themed gear still allows for plenty of different looks.