Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So the Emperor was truly defeated by the Jedi Knight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
So the Emperor was truly defeated by the Jedi Knight?

Slowpokeking
04.14.2012 , 10:35 PM | #1
I know he didn't really die, but did he use all hist power in the fight against the Jedi Knight character or did he lose the battle on purpose to get a new body?

Magisch
04.15.2012 , 04:10 AM | #2
Its clear that he used up alot of his power. However, hes not really dead. Anyways, according to wookiepedia, he never returned to public attention after his painful defeat on the hands of the Jedi knight.
Jedi Master Mon'wan Daystar
<Barsen'thor of the Jedi Order>

Distracted
04.15.2012 , 04:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Magisch View Post
Its clear that he used up alot of his power. However, hes not really dead. Anyways, according to wookiepedia, he never returned to public attention after his painful defeat on the hands of the Jedi knight.
Not yet anyhow. Future content may have something to add, seeing as the main two hands (who really remind me of those 2 un-named unicorns from Charlie the Unicorn) hint that the Emperor is gathering his strength for future plans.
Quote: Originally Posted by Notannos
Greetings Everyone,

We understand that players are currently pleasing dissatisfaction with the reward program for Game Update 1.2.

Magisch
04.15.2012 , 04:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
Not yet anyhow. Future content may have something to add, seeing as the main two hands (who really remind me of those 2 un-named unicorns from Charlie the Unicorn) hint that the Emperor is gathering his strength for future plans.

Well his impact can't be that big anyways, since the Galactic story mainline progresses without him. That beeing said, the 'Jedi Knight' possibly defeated the Galaxy's strongest Sith Lord ever.

sincerly,

Ranadiel_Marius
04.15.2012 , 05:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I know he didn't really die, but did he use all hist power in the fight against the Jedi Knight character or did he lose the battle on purpose to get a new body?
He didn't lose on purpose for the sake of getting a new body for his Voice because the body he was in he just acquired recently and after the Voss incident he said he was not going to make the mistake of requiring the death of his host body to leave it again.

As for whether he used all of his power, it appears he is recovering when the JK walks in on him, likely from the Voss incident. While the Emperor recovers to a greater extent if you save your companion, however that doesn't necessarily mean he was at full power at the time of the fight. Furthermore we don't know how powerful the Voice is in relation to the Emperor's true body, so it might actually be impossible for the Voice to fight with the Emperor's full power.

Well his impact can't be that big anyways, since the Galactic story mainline progresses without him. That beeing said, the 'Jedi Knight' possibly defeated the Galaxy's strongest Sith Lord ever.

sincerly,
Well so did the SW. *shrug*
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Magisch
04.15.2012 , 08:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
He didn't lose on purpose for the sake of getting a new body for his Voice because the body he was in he just acquired recently and after the Voss incident he said he was not going to make the mistake of requiring the death of his host body to leave it again.

As for whether he used all of his power, it appears he is recovering when the JK walks in on him, likely from the Voss incident. While the Emperor recovers to a greater extent if you save your companion, however that doesn't necessarily mean he was at full power at the time of the fight. Furthermore we don't know how powerful the Voice is in relation to the Emperor's true body, so it might actually be impossible for the Voice to fight with the Emperor's full power.

Well so did the SW. *shrug*

Well wether or not his true body still exists let alone has any effects in future is pure speculation. Whats set is that it won't have any serious influence on the outcome of the further Star wars history.

Ranadiel_Marius
04.15.2012 , 10:05 AM | #7
Well wether or not his true body still exists let alone has any effects in future is pure speculation. Whats set is that it won't have any serious influence on the outcome of the further Star wars history.
No his true body still existing in confirmed in post Chapter 3 emails the SW gets. Believing what the game tells you hardly qualifies as speculation.

And you can hardly say that he will not "have any serious influence on the outcome of the further Star wars history." Will he succeed in his plans to eat the universe? Will he be a major player during the era of Darth Bane, assuming he survives? No(unless they retcon that era somewhat....which is not impossible). Will he have an impact on the remainder Old Republic era? Of course he will. The rest of the Old Republic history has yet to be written(or at least released) and he is too important to never be mentiioned again especially when the writers made the point to keep him alive. The class stories will continue and we will see him again.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Darth_Solrac
04.15.2012 , 10:08 AM | #8
......A meager Jedi Knight (not even a Master?) is supposed to defeat the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith (at that point) ever? Really? Guess since it's our character.

I plan on rolling a DS JK, does being DS affect how I confront Vitiate?
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Slowpokeking
04.15.2012 , 11:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
......A meager Jedi Knight (not even a Master?) is supposed to defeat the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith (at that point) ever? Really? Guess since it's our character.
Yeah that's what I feel weird about.

Darth_Solrac
04.15.2012 , 12:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yeah that's what I feel weird about.
For realism, Grand Master Satele should obviously be with you when you face Vitiate. Hell, bring the entire Jedi Council too.

This is the most powerful, feared Dark Lord/Sith Emperor ever then. He eats planets, knows most every Dark Side technique which is how he's lived 1,300 years so far (not sure what lightsaber style he uses if at all cuz he's obviously a Sorc), but yea. Even then.....good luck Jedi......
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.