Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any AC's that aren't frustraiting to play post 1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Any AC's that aren't frustraiting to play post 1.2?

Morpurgo
04.14.2012 , 10:18 PM | #11
Maras and Sentinels are probably safest bet.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain bodyfat. Through bodyfat, I gain weight.
Through weight, my social life is broken.
The Thighmaster shall free me.

Technohic
04.14.2012 , 10:27 PM | #12
My assassin and my sniper are fine. Then again, snipers could always die to a couple of silvers if you didn't pay attention to what you are doing. Not saying they died easily but things my tank-sin just waded through has always required thought on my sniper.

kaboro
04.14.2012 , 11:29 PM | #13
Instead of each class having its own strengths and weaknesses, all classes are equally mediocre at everything.
Thats just one more concept imported from wow.

Nemmar
04.15.2012 , 05:41 AM | #14
All my classes are still fun to play.

Maybe you;re asking what is the current fire on the move reroll class? I hear its Marauders/Sentinels. But that in itself is little proof and granted if nerfs happen you might find yourself in this conundrum again in the next patch. Maybe its time for a new aproach to MMORPG gaming?

Achromatis
04.15.2012 , 10:02 AM | #15
Ive played my Juggernaut, Operative, and Commando since 1.2 and theyre all just as fun to play as before. Duno what people keep complaining about.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

Elhanan
04.15.2012 , 11:13 AM | #16
My Madness Inquisitor appears to be squishier post-patch. Someone seems to have forgotten to 're-balance' the droids and other PvE opponents, too.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

subrosian
04.15.2012 , 06:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aehgo View Post
Maraders and Sentenalls are the best since the patch.
He's having trouble leveling. Marauders and Sentinels are straight-up the hardest class to play in the game. They're actually made of paper, the primary reason they stay alive is that their CDs are strong. If he's a player who is dying playing Tanks, what's going to happen when he plays a Mara / Sent and doesn't use his CDs properly?

He's going to die, over-and-over again.

Sentinels don't even get their healer until their mid-30s, so what's he going to do from 1 - 35, being someone struggling to play the game? Die. Over. And. Over.

The best class to play if you don't want to die is a Sith Sorcerer. Why? Khem Val. You start the game with the best tanking companion in the game. Play as DPS spec, you'll find its quite forgiving. The only caveat to playing an Inquisitor is that your Chapter 1 quest boss is tough for beginners - so be sure to party up when you face them, remember you lose *nothing* by doing single player content in a group.
subrosian
<Epitome>
epitomeraiding.com

dkangl
04.15.2012 , 07:08 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by subrosian View Post
He's having trouble leveling. Marauders and Sentinels are straight-up the hardest class to play in the game. They're actually made of paper, the primary reason they stay alive is that their CDs are strong. If he's a player who is dying playing Tanks, what's going to happen when he plays a Mara / Sent and doesn't use his CDs properly?

He's going to die, over-and-over again.

Sentinels don't even get their healer until their mid-30s, so what's he going to do from 1 - 35, being someone struggling to play the game? Die. Over. And. Over.

The best class to play if you don't want to die is a Sith Sorcerer. Why? Khem Val. You start the game with the best tanking companion in the game. Play as DPS spec, you'll find its quite forgiving. The only caveat to playing an Inquisitor is that your Chapter 1 quest boss is tough for beginners - so be sure to party up when you face them, remember you lose *nothing* by doing single player content in a group.
lol if you say so I am having little issues leveling my Sent, and hell why would anyone level a Sorc/Sage anymore they free PvP kills.

kuey
04.16.2012 , 05:59 AM | #19
1.2?

Mara/Sent, Sniper/GS, Scoundrel/OP heals, VG/PT, non healing Comm/Merc and Guard/Jugg. No massive game breaking changes with them. I play all but the Sent/Mara, but my mates play em and have no complaints with 1.2 so I threw em in there.

exphryl
04.16.2012 , 06:44 AM | #20
Pyro Powertech.

You have no survivability. But we still burst the hell out of anybody we want in PvP so it's a fun trade off I don't mind
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|