Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Bank. No Tax system for guild members.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild Bank. No Tax system for guild members.

Roadblck
04.13.2012 , 07:15 AM | #21
.....don't mind the taxation in guilds. I actually agree with just as long as guild leaders aren't stilling the money for there own benefit. Trust me had it done once before. I also like the idea if you take something out you put something in.
Like lets say I take and earpiece (PURPLE) from the bank I should be taxed on the product. not charged but taxed. small fee for the inconvinence.
Come over to the DARKSIDE!!!

LeonBraun
04.13.2012 , 07:18 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
This needs to be implemented and done properly.

The way to make it work, without pissing people off is to have a percentage of all gold/credit drops automatically generated specifically for guild bank purposes.

Basically, exactly like WoW's system. Yes I said it.

Here's how it works.

If a mob is designed to drop 200 credits on a kill, it would now drop 220 credits and the 20 goes directly to the guild bank.

This is the only taxation system I have ever seen work without causing stress within guilds. It's automatic and it's fair.

So 2 things.

Make it Zero Loss for the player.

Make it zero maintenance for the officers/GM's.

You now have a winning taxation system.
^^ This. It works.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

Goretzu
04.13.2012 , 07:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexdine View Post
No-loss taxation, fine. Loss taxation, ie taking money out of the player's pocket, not so much.
It's the system most MMORPGs have and it works fine.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Ultimas
04.13.2012 , 07:21 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Fumanchu_Fow View Post
To actually do content with. My guild members aren't babies that require me to wipe their asses. They know how to make money and they do. Also yes I did wipe because I wasn't sitting on the fleet lamenting how nobody sent me my welfare check this week. I was doing the new content and realized when I went to repair after about 4 deaths that it was less than 2 deaths used to cost me.
"lamenting how nobody sent my welfare check"? Really? That's so typical of people that think like that. First and foremost it's a game, secondly if you play together you should pay together (in-game of course).

You need to L2P, 4 wipes means you need to re-assess your strategy because it's not your guildmembers that require the *** wiping, it's you.

Avrid
04.13.2012 , 07:21 AM | #25
so you really need an auto tax on your guild memebers to do that, you can accept donations? does the bank have a log saying when items/money was deposited? in your guild charter is there a statement that X in game coin must be depostied every week?

I don't think there should be guild tax system in the game. If a guild wishes to impose those rules, there are ways for you to do so

VegaPhone
04.13.2012 , 07:21 AM | #26
And... what would the guild leader use the money for?

The crafting system just recently became more useful so there could be a guild crafter and that guild crafter would give people special items based on thier contribution. That makes sense.

However, to properly insert a tax system it has to be transparent.

So everyone can see what is in the guild bank, who put what into the resources of the bank, and who took what out, and possibly show what they spent it on as well.

Since to not have a transparent system it will be exploited.

Also there is little need even with 1.2 crafting to have a guild crafter. We can manage without a guild crafter, however having one is really cool. So the trade-off means that to have a guild bank system that exploits peoples money for little return at the expense of not implementing a transparent system to avoid exploitation would be a bad choice since as stated before, we can manage without a tax system.

A tax system would be important when funds have to be amassed for really expensive things like 'guild ships'. However at the moment having a tax and no transparent system would make me want to leave my guild as soon as possible.

Sparklehorse
04.13.2012 , 07:24 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonBraun View Post
^^ This. It works.
It's a beautifully elegant and simple system.
Stop exploding you cowards!

Fumanchu_Fow
04.13.2012 , 07:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultimas View Post
"lamenting how nobody sent my welfare check"? Really? That's so typical of people that think like that. First and foremost it's a game, secondly if you play together you should pay together (in-game of course).

You need to L2P, 4 wipes means you need to re-assess your strategy because it's not your guildmembers that require the *** wiping, it's you.
Were you born stupid or did you take a blow to the head? If you seriously expect me to believe that you've never wiped multiple times on new content you must have something mentally wrong. OMG GUYS 4 WIPES WE ALL SUXZ. The new hard mode content is actually somewhat hard. It requires an actual strat and actual positioning unlike their previous nonsense. Really get a clue and go make some credits.

VegaPhone
04.13.2012 , 07:35 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
It's a beautifully elegant and simple system.
Its not entirely great. It removes the guilt and ethical dilemma of those in power and those who have access to the guild resources to give themselves a bigger cut since others are not losing.

In a way, a guild leader puts a lot of time to organize events, teams, and other activities, and in some cases I can understand why a guild leader deserves a bigger take... however, that's not the case for all guilds, and therefore some guilds can lure people into something for their own profit also hurting the economy by inflating it with more money by design but for their own personal gain instead for others (who need to also benefit since prices will go higher with this system).

So... the solution is to make sure the money is spent fairly that even with inflation that might occur with more spending it will occur on average fairly among the guilds. As long as people are in guilds it should offer them a safety bubble to deal with higher prices, and higher demand.

And to do that...I want every guild member to be able to see whats in the guild bank, and how the resources are being distributed evenly based on contribution or based on necessity to help the guild.

Ultimas
04.13.2012 , 07:37 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Fumanchu_Fow View Post
Were you born stupid or did you take a blow to the head? If you seriously expect me to believe that you've never wiped multiple times on new content you must have something mentally wrong. OMG GUYS 4 WIPES WE ALL SUXZ. The new hard mode content is actually somewhat hard. It requires an actual strat and actual positioning unlike their previous nonsense. Really get a clue and go make some credits.
Who said I wasn't making credits? I make a ton of credits running dailies and selling UWT mats on the GTN. You ran into new content without actual strategy or positioning in mind? Yeah, I would have to agree with your CAPS then, especially after four different runs. Turns out all of your "hard-earned" credits go toward making up for your inability to play.

And with that the servers are back up, so I'm done. Enjoy mediocrity