Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Bank. No Tax system for guild members.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild Bank. No Tax system for guild members.

Lord-Raze
04.13.2012 , 06:31 AM | #1
Well I think this is a good Idea. implement a tax system so u can tax the guildies 1-10% of their income for the guild bank..
What is your take on this.. ?

(I understand that some people will be afraid that the Guild Master will keep the entire fortune for himself so it requires a bit of trust)
My left hand is empty, for I have crushed a Universe and nought remains

Leader of MALICE

johnyangelo
04.13.2012 , 06:36 AM | #2
It has been discussed mayn times.

Forgon
04.13.2012 , 06:40 AM | #3
I think guild bank funds should go into a guild bank with a tax feature (especially if guild capital ships come in the future where you need to maintain the functions, repairs, droids, among other things on there) and that it taxes you 1-10% every week or month (guildmaster can decide) into the guild bank and the guildmaster only can access those particular funds for guild features (so the more successful players in the larger guilds help add more to the guild, generating a larger faster revenue in theory).

Its a system I think guilds should have now (like the legacy xp bar was at launch) so when more guild functions are added, we already have the funds for them.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Sparklehorse
04.13.2012 , 06:42 AM | #4
This needs to be implemented and done properly.

The way to make it work, without pissing people off is to have a percentage of all gold/credit drops automatically generated specifically for guild bank purposes.

Basically, exactly like WoW's system. Yes I said it.

Here's how it works.

If a mob is designed to drop 200 credits on a kill, it would now drop 220 credits and the 20 goes directly to the guild bank.

This is the only taxation system I have ever seen work without causing stress within guilds. It's automatic and it's fair.

So 2 things.

Make it Zero Loss for the player.

Make it zero maintenance for the officers/GM's.

You now have a winning taxation system.
Stop exploding you cowards!

Fumanchu_Fow
04.13.2012 , 06:42 AM | #5
I think people should go make money if they need it and stop looking for a handout. There is nothing in this game that requires guild funds to do. The guild bank would be nothing but a dumping ground for crap I didn't want to begin with.

khreed
04.13.2012 , 06:42 AM | #6
seriously lots of other games have done this without any trouble....bioware takle note and add a decent feature for every member to passively contribute to the guild bank. I.E. % of extra credits per guild member out collecting credits on their game experience.
So player 1 kills a mob that mob drops 100 credits the guild bank automatically gets 10 credits or 5 or something......
Don't run you'll just die tired.

Ultimas
04.13.2012 , 06:43 AM | #7
It should be guild dues rather than a % tax. Less hassleon coding and the GM can simply have everyone donate 5-15k/week for anyone above Level 35.

KeaheTriste
04.13.2012 , 06:46 AM | #8
I'm all for the system that is a set amount and in an example given takes X% for the guild bank but that % is a hidden amount that is on top of the drop and reward not from.

My guild is currently deciding if we want to get our tabs yet but are totally for the idea of the capital ships and would love to just accrue credits while we play as opposed to me getting credits from guildies to go towards guild purchases.

It was stated at the guild summit that they realized they need a tax like system and are working on it.
ị████████████████████░\‾|█╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█|\░████████████████████ị

Nexdine
04.13.2012 , 06:47 AM | #9
No-loss taxation, fine. Loss taxation, ie taking money out of the player's pocket, not so much.

It's not really taxation if you add money and send it to the guild. That's more like a guild subsidy, generated by player activity. That might be a positive thing, assuming the guild as an entity needed money for something. I'm not sure what that would be, though.

Of course, then new money sinks would be needed as well to keep the economy on an even keel, so it's not uncomplicated.

Ultimas
04.13.2012 , 06:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Fumanchu_Fow View Post
I think people should go make money if they need it and stop looking for a handout. There is nothing in this game that requires guild funds to do. The guild bank would be nothing but a dumping ground for crap I didn't want to begin with.
You must play a perfect game and never wipe. Repair costs can really get high sometimes. That's all that I would use the guild bank for, hell if I pay into it I should reap a tangible benefit.