Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No sound in-game; Only in cinematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
No sound in-game; Only in cinematics

VinceVega
12.13.2011 , 10:43 AM | #1
I just logged in after having received my early access invitation. Immediately I could tell something was wrong on the main menu screen when there was no sound at all (after the opening cinematic, which had sound). I assumed maybe the menu was bugged, so I chose a server and created my character. After creation I saw the opening crawl and the sound was fine. I skipped it to head in-game (I watched it already in the beta) and the sound was once again gone.

I was in two weekend betas and never had any sound problems. If I could get some assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

DutchJack
12.13.2011 , 10:47 AM | #2
I had that problem in the beta. I solved it by restarting the game. Try that and let us know if that solves it.

Good luck and have a blast! Can't wait for my Early Access

Knowfear
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #3
I'm having the exact same issue. No problem in the Beta Weekend, now for early access only get sound in cinematics. Nothing in game.

Have checked latest drivers, tested multiple output devices (sound card, onboard, nVidia HDMI out etc) sound works for every other application I try but not SWTOR.

Have restarted game, rebooted computer, run Windows update, search thru the forum and googled but to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

PC is Core i5 w/ Gigabyte z68x UD3R B3, sound cards is Xonar DX (though have tried the onboard and it won't work either) Win7 64bit.

Thnx
I caved on the 21/07/2011 and pre-ordered from Amazon

VinceVega
12.13.2011 , 11:11 AM | #4
I tried restarting multiple times but no change. I'm currently attempting to "Verify installation files" via the launcher to see if maybe that will fix things. My rig:

i7 920 OC'ed to 3.9GHz
GTX580
Xonar DX Soundcard
12GB DDR3 RAM

I'll update if the verifying of the files helps.

Edit: Interesting that we both share the same soundcard... but if you've tried on-board audio then I don't think that would be the issue? Plus it worked fine in beta for me.

Stopgap
12.13.2011 , 11:11 AM | #5
I found this in another thread and it solved my problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by Slayerkong View Post
You need to leave the game and turn GX mode off in the xonar audio panel.

VinceVega
12.13.2011 , 11:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Stopgap View Post
I found this in another thread and it solved my problem.
Thank you very much good sir! That fixed it for me. What is GX mode anyway?

Hollow
12.13.2011 , 12:04 PM | #7
Yup, helped me as well. Xonar D2X here. Turning off the game and deactivating DX mode does the trick.

DX mode is Asus' version of Alchemy, basically simulated EAX.