Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rocket Boost sucks and I want my 2 Million back please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rocket Boost sucks and I want my 2 Million back please

GreySix
04.12.2012 , 12:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Maskadokiller View Post
If its not usuable in combat or in WZs, there is no point in buying it. Thanks for the warning
Concur. Glad that info became available. The OP has my profound thanks for playing the part of a test dummy.

Jett-Rinn
04.12.2012 , 12:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
As the title says I'd like my 2 million back please. Not quite sure what I was expecting with Rocket Boost, but it sure wasn't 12 seconds of +110% movement speed like a crap version of a mount. If it boosted my mount speed an EXTRA 110% for 12 seconds it might be worth it, but in its current form however it's a complete waste of money.

Refund please!
You'r not having a big enough tantrum...use more caps that might help.

Remember kids say anything remotely positive about SWTOR and you're automatically labeled a Bioware employee.

Herboss
04.12.2012 , 07:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Fan_Atic View Post
12 seconds of 110% speed every 30 seconds on all your alts and you're complaining?? I fricking love it but I'm guessing if you're mad about 2 mil you're probably poor in game.
I don't know which ability you bought but mines on a 2 minute cooldown, unless I spend another 1 million to lower it by 30 seconds and then another 1.5 million to lower it by another 60 seconds. It's worded like it's cumulative so you can get Rocket Boost down to a 30second cooldown if you spend 4.5 million! So after that it's like a mount that only works for 24 seconds a minute, what a waste of money.

I couldn't find any info on Rocket Boost before I bought it, at least this way I can warn people from it.

deanth
04.12.2012 , 10:37 PM | #24
Rocket boost is a speeder with a duration and cd (can't use indoors).

TOURDallas
04.12.2012 , 10:40 PM | #25
Some people spend 2 million, so others don't have to.
"It's better to have a lightsaber and not need it than to need a lightsaber and not have it."

thetachi
04.12.2012 , 10:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by -Kraxis- View Post
Not usable in combat. Not usable in pvp..
You're a prince. Thanks for the info.

Serbegorn
04.12.2012 , 10:54 PM | #27
There's really not much in the legacy system that's truly useful to game play. Just cosmetic/convenience stuff that's really only intended for the uber rich to have something to spend their piles of credits on. (Read: money sink) Even the GTN for your ship is the useless neutral one. Don't waste your money.

P.S. If people don't waste their money on this crap they might actually put something useful in later. /shrug

Xaearth
04.12.2012 , 10:58 PM | #28
Does Rocket Boost break stealth?

More Vroom-Vroom for my stealthers would be worth it to me, especially my poor Operative who feels like a lame dog when stealthed compared to my Assassin with Force Speed.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with BioWare."
~ SWTOR Update 1.2: Legacy

ChazDoit
04.12.2012 , 11:04 PM | #29
I wish Rocket Boots were usable everywhere, just like force speed is usable everywhere!

Herboss
04.12.2012 , 11:31 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Serbegorn View Post
There's really not much in the legacy system that's truly useful to game play. Just cosmetic/convenience stuff that's really only intended for the uber rich to have something to spend their piles of credits on. (Read: money sink) Even the GTN for your ship is the useless neutral one. Don't waste your money.

P.S. If people don't waste their money on this crap they might actually put something useful in later. /shrug
If everyone had the neutral GTN it would be very useful, but at this point in time hardly anyone will be legacy level 25 or be able to afford it. It will probably be useful in a years time or so...