Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change your appearance ? where ???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Change your appearance ? where ???

Darkness_au
04.12.2012 , 07:44 AM | #1
Im sure I saw in the movie posted about 1.2 that we could change our appearance.. yet I cant find the option for it anywhere, and the only option for it on the char screen doesnt actually change a thing..

Im sure on the movie I saw you could change the colors by sliding a bar etc..

Is this just another failed promise or am I missing something ?

Cheers.

dprijadi
04.12.2012 , 07:50 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkness_au View Post
Im sure I saw in the movie posted about 1.2 that we could change our appearance.. yet I cant find the option for it anywhere, and the only option for it on the char screen doesnt actually change a thing..

Im sure on the movie I saw you could change the colors by sliding a bar etc..

Is this just another failed promise or am I missing something ?

Cheers.
its changing armour colour to match your current chest armour.. thats all

and additional high resolution texture for characters in game (not just in cutscenes)

NightWarp
04.12.2012 , 08:04 AM | #3
I cant even find where to do that, the change to chest hue thing... where? it says on character sheet but i dont see it

Darkness_au
04.12.2012 , 08:04 AM | #4
I could have seen it wrong when I first saw the movie ages ago but I thought we could change the colors etc..

So those of us at level 50 with full sets it does nothing at all, so I still have to look like a reject from the village people ? meh

Yet another let down from Bio... sigh, that was the only real thing in the load of gimmiks I was looking forward to in 1.2, my bad for getting the info wrong I know, but god, there wasnt anything else in 1.2 I liked.

Only thing Im waiting for now is the free transfers for us aussie players that they promised to see if playing on a server that isnt a ghost town does anything for me, but I dont think it will.

Im getting over paying for this game.

/end rant

Darkness_au
04.12.2012 , 08:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NightWarp View Post
I cant even find where to do that, the change to chest hue thing... where? it says on character sheet but i dont see it
Press C to bring up the char sheet, then its a little icon on the bottom'ish right of that screen.

Galbatorrix
04.12.2012 , 08:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkness_au View Post
I could have seen it wrong when I first saw the movie ages ago but I thought we could change the colors etc..

So those of us at level 50 with full sets it does nothing at all, so I still have to look like a reject from the village people ? meh

Yet another let down from Bio... sigh, that was the only real thing in the load of gimmiks I was looking forward to in 1.2, my bad for getting the info wrong I know, but god, there wasnt anything else in 1.2 I liked.

Only thing Im waiting for now is the free transfers for us aussie players that they promised to see if playing on a server that isnt a ghost town does anything for me, but I dont think it will.

Im getting over paying for this game.

/end rant

All they said was "Hue to Chest". It's meant to make low level armor match so players don't have to run around looking like a rainbow. No one's fault but yours that you jumped to conclusions and didn't read the patch notes. Also, I'm sure your 50 cents a day will just bankrupt them and force them to close all servers. Please don't leave!! You're the games only hope!

Darkness_au
04.12.2012 , 08:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
No one's fault but yours that you jumped to conclusions and didn't read the patch notes.
As I already said, I got it wrong.. so a moot point.

Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Also, I'm sure your 50 cents a day will just bankrupt them and force them to close all servers. Please don't leave!! You're the games only hope!
Ahh, sarcasm, the lowest form of wit as they say.. but your rather sad attempt at making a point isnt lost on me, I know they wont give a toss about me unsubbing, and I dont blame them.. but the many friends that have already left, the few friends that will follow me when I leave, the more that I warn off the game over time.. and just the huge amount of "Im gone" threads that ive seen lately lead me to believe that in the end it might hurt them, just a little

Revcis
04.12.2012 , 08:20 AM | #8
wonder why you can't change your companions appearance too. Corso looks like a jigsaw puzzle. that sucks

Pappa-Jup
04.12.2012 , 08:21 AM | #9
Just a pity you cant remove the belt mods to get the look your after, i can give myself the look i was after but have to suffer the ugly belt which ruins the whole look
"And why am I wearing the watermelon on my feet?"

Sambril
04.12.2012 , 08:32 AM | #10
As this feature only works for player characters and not companions it is of limited use to me. I still can't use it to give a unified look to my trooper squad .