Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

Feoktist
06.29.2012 , 04:29 PM | #131
Did you spot when they added unique mob ids to the combat logs?? I just noticed it =) That's a lot easier now though
Nightmare Lands EX-Star Wolves [RU] (not for hire)
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

OrionsBelt
06.29.2012 , 04:48 PM | #132
Can anyone make, or know where to get, a plug-in for the Logitech G13?

I envision it to have damage/healing (toggle between the 2 in settings) dealt, DPS/HPS (toggle), Combat time, some sort of threat meter for tanks, so on.
Server: Harbinger - Circle of Darkness
Orionsul Assassin - Tank + Syrus'il Mercenary - DPS
Syrusil Sniper - DPS + Syrusul Sorcerer - Heal

funkiestj
06.29.2012 , 05:41 PM | #133
are any of the parsers better for PvP? How about for different class roles (dps, tank, heal)?

Improving my PvP is my main goal in using a parser. Currently, the only 50 I have is a BH merc healer.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Zoopercat
06.29.2012 , 07:49 PM | #134
Funkie, try using swtor.askmrrobot.com for PVP. We detect PVP and separate it so that the logs don't overlap from one battleground to the next. Let me know if it does what you're looking for, and if not, what you'd like to have improved.
ASK MR. ROBOT

dominius
07.02.2012 , 06:19 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
The estimated over healing that can be done looks at threat as a means to calculate over healing. However, the threat numbers aren't reliable - it depends on the buffs, activated abilities, etc. And since people use these combat logs to compare performance, learn how to improve over time, etc... Mr. Robot feels providing an unreliable number would be misleading.
Yeah, it's unfortunate that Mr. Robot feels that no information is better than estimated information. Ironically, the very reasons you give to not include it are the very reasons it should be included. Healers cannot compare performance and learn how to improve without having an idea of their effective healing. We already know what abilities we used because we pressed those buttons but knowing how they actually helped the group is the only thing relevant to a healer's combat log. Combat logs that do not show that are useless to any good healer.

Hopefully Bioware will start including whatever information you want included in combat logs so us healers can start using Mr. Robot because you do have a very nice combat log parser otherwise.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

funkiestj
07.02.2012 , 07:53 PM | #136
I tried out Mr. Robot. It looks pretty cool but I can't figure out where "guard" damage is accounted for.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Feoktist
07.03.2012 , 11:46 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by dominius View Post
Hopefully Bioware will start including whatever information you want included in combat logs
I love swtorcombatlogs.com "overheal" feature and I feel it's the one parser I am going to use as a healer. I topped my scoundrel heal recently and it is indespensable.
Ask Mr. Robot is good for certain things, but healing analysis is not very convenient there because some log information is not incorporated. And by that I mean that BioWare included "healing threat" information for a reason, so that you can derive effective healing from there.

A separate note on tanking: I have almost built my "dream tanking parser" on the back of a napkin and I hope to share it with you soon so that you can get an idea of what kind of information can be extracted from the logs.
Nightmare Lands EX-Star Wolves [RU] (not for hire)
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

The_Duck
07.04.2012 , 01:44 PM | #138
very nice. i like it a lot.
how do you setup a guild operation or group?
ie: we got 18 logs and we want to upload them all and have them listed together to show overall dps/hps
across each fight.

thanks!
- The Duck

Lyynk
07.09.2012 , 09:40 AM | #139
Hey ZooperCat, I don't know if you are still keeping track of this thread, but I have re-launched my site today. Lots of changes, including group parsing. Thanks!

www.torparse.com
The Konyetz Legacy
Torparse.com
Torparse is a full-featured combat log parsing site and ingame client for SWTOR. More info can be found here.

Zoopercat
07.09.2012 , 06:47 PM | #140
I updated the post. I couldn't figure out how to merge logs, even after reading the help. It mentioned a group log, but I didn't see that. If you have instructions, I can include that in the post. Also, check your PMs, I sent you one
ASK MR. ROBOT