Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

peterjohndevries
06.22.2012 , 05:30 PM | #121
is it not odd that you can't see at all what your armour is doing for you OR your damage reduction skills (from what I can see). So there is really no way to tell how effective your entire package is doing across armour, skills, powers, defense, shield, absorption. Everything is about DPS
I'd like to see what that sucker WAS going to hit me from at the very start of any calculation, figure out my avoidance %, figure out my reduction, figure out my mitigation

Feoktist
06.22.2012 , 11:15 PM | #122
Captain Obvious suggests that in order to produce real value for tanks, parser has to do much more heuristic analysis and incorporate real gear values (as a minimum, absorb rating and %) and track skill (saves like retaliation, resilience etc.) and item uses (like tanking relics). All this is doable now, with the information available and community willing to help.
Nightmare Lands EX-Star Wolves [RU] (not for hire)
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

floriwie
06.24.2012 , 12:04 AM | #123
Hey guys,

until I was using torparse for my combat log analysis, to my surprise they are not available anymore...

Is there any other tool display raw logs in human readable form, there are some fights it really helps to understand what happens to me during a fight....

I check all the web based tools in the first page but it seems none of them doing it the way torparse does....

Sulo
06.24.2012 , 04:09 AM | #124
Raw logs are displayed as part of the fight browser/analysis at www.swtorcombatlogs.comlogs/FightDetail.aspx?fi=207755

The combat lag entries for the specific fight are displayed under Detailed Fight Log Entires. Press the little blue arrow on the right to display/hide the log.

Hope that helps.
[SWToR]Logs @ www.swtorcombatlogs.com

Feoktist
06.24.2012 , 05:22 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Sulo View Post
Raw logs are displayed as part of the fight browser/analysis at...

Hope that helps.
You know what would really help? If you would finally implemented "log upload" feature, I have a bunch of old logs and I'd give your website a try, but there's no way I can do it.
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

peterjohndevries
06.24.2012 , 05:42 AM | #126
okay, now I'm really confused. Can someone (again?) explain this. I have asked elsewhere but no-one seems to have an anwer
1) how can the parser show an attack of X damage with the shield absorbing X damage if shield chance is only Y %. Someone suggested this is 'other skills or powers' that are doing the absorb and not the shield to account for the 100% absorb...is this accurate? I am not aware that the log actually shows any of the power/skill mitigated numbers (which is annoying) and only the 'end result' of the attack (after armour, powers, skills, accuracy etc. etc. are taken into affect). So 796 kinetic.....796 absorb makes no sense.

2) What exactly IS glance. Parry will show a clear miss (0 damage). glance will sometimes show NO additional information which assumes the entire attack damage hit...but now I see in my log '38 energy....-glance.....38 absorb). so i'm now really confused what glance represents

Feoktist
06.24.2012 , 08:50 AM | #127
It is confusing indeed.
Quote: Originally Posted by peterjohndevries View Post
So 796 kinetic.....796 absorb makes no sense.
..means 796 kinetic damage was headed your way (meaning not missed or otherwise avoided) but all 796 was absorbed by a force or tech shield (sage's Force Shield, jugg's Sonic Barrier etc.).
Quote: Originally Posted by peterjohndevries View Post
'38 energy....-glance.....38 absorb
..means some amount of energy damage was headed your way but you shielded ("glanced") it, and 38 damage that's left got absorbed by some kind of damage negation spell/technology (same as above)
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

Sulo
06.25.2012 , 09:37 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Feoktist View Post
You know what would really help? If you would finally implemented "log upload" feature, I have a bunch of old logs and I'd give your website a try, but there's no way I can do it.
I disabled this some time ago due to uploading of duplicate combat logs and the parser double counting data. Then it got shoved to the back of my to do list and forgotten

I've re-instated the feature and it is accessible from the desktop software of "expanded" mode using the "right-click" menu. There is no "browse for folder" feature but you can navigate sub-folders of your primary combat log folder. You will need the latest desktop software from www.swtorcombatlogs.com

NOTE The combat log data is keyed by file name and uploading the same file name will now erase ALL previous combat and fight data relating to that combat log on the server prior to processing the new combat log.

http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com/img/ScreenShot8.jpg

Feoktist
06.25.2012 , 02:21 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Sulo View Post
I've re-instated the feature and it is accessible from the desktop software of "expanded" mode using the "right-click" menu.
It works except prompts that some features are "currentyl disabled" 4 times before showing the context menu. I do appreciate that I can now see the result from combat logs dated 2-3 weeks ago, although they take quite a lot of time to process.
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

Sulo
06.25.2012 , 03:59 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Feoktist View Post
It works except prompts that some features are "currentyl disabled" 4 times before showing the context menu. I do appreciate that I can now see the result from combat logs dated 2-3 weeks ago, although they take quite a lot of time to process.
You spotted my dyslexia there - I've taken out the annoying (mis-typed) message