Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

Feoktist
06.13.2012 , 07:59 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyynk View Post
ZooperCat, you can remove my site, TorParse from the list.
Man, you can't be serious! I'll be missing your cool charts and avoidance information!
Nightmare Lands EX-Star Wolves [RU] (not for hire)
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

Feoktist
06.15.2012 , 02:21 PM | #112
ZooperCat, a question directly to you. As pointed out in this post, our second tank (Guardian) is getting 36k damage more than what he's healed for. How is this possible? Provided he doesn't die and there's no voodoo magic involved, and his total HP is about 26k.

UPD: Judging by the logs, "Damage Taken" could include "Absorbed", is this the case? If so, just be aware it's quite confusing without further explanation.
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

dominius
06.17.2012 , 02:01 PM | #113
So, which parser is now going to catch up with TORParse.com and actually start including overhealing? I sent an email to James who created TORParse.com back in April and it took all of 2 days for him to include that on the site. I'm actually amazed that having just clicked through these parsers I don't see a single one that shows overhealing.

That is one of the most important things to know as a healer so which ever parser starts including that will certainly have me using it.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

Sulo
06.19.2012 , 08:38 AM | #114
After consultation with people "in the know" and some studying of the combat logs available [SWToR]Logs has had Over Healing calculations added.

The numbers are a "best guess" estimation based on the data available in the combat logs.

More info can be found in this thread /showthread.php?p=4683407#post4683407
[SWToR]Logs @ www.swtorcombatlogs.com

Zoopercat
06.19.2012 , 06:21 PM | #115
Dominius, as Sulo notes, SWTOR combat logs real time meter is looking at over healing. We have talked about it at Ask Mr. Robot, but that little robot insists on only showing accurate numbers. The estimated over healing that can be done looks at threat as a means to calculate over healing. However, the threat numbers aren't reliable - it depends on the buffs, activated abilities, etc. And since people use these combat logs to compare performance, learn how to improve over time, etc... Mr. Robot feels providing an unreliable number would be misleading.

However, being a healer myself, I want that number too! I'd recommend using one of the tools that shows it if you want to see it for now. Once it's provided in the logs or some workaround proves to be accurate, then we'll add it to the site.
ASK MR. ROBOT

Feoktist
06.20.2012 , 07:53 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
We have talked about it at Ask Mr. Robot, but that little robot insists on only showing accurate numbers. The estimated over healing that can be done looks at threat as a means to calculate over healing. However, the threat numbers aren't reliable - it depends on the buffs, activated abilities, etc.
What you're saying is, there are means to make calculations reliable but you are not yet tracking all of the different buffs, shields etc. circulating in the group and personal abilities. Hope you're close to that, though, this task should be relatively easy to someone who has got the full database of items in SWTOR with their activated effects and the rest.
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)

Zoopercat
06.20.2012 , 11:53 AM | #117
Feokist, you're close! There are still a few missing elements though even if we did that. However, we're working on ways to get people linking their characters to combat logs, so we can get a lot closer with items and talent specs (for a lot of cool things!)
ASK MR. ROBOT

peterjohndevries
06.22.2012 , 03:26 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Feoktist View Post
Man, you can't be serious! I'll be missing your cool charts and avoidance information!
this !

It is unfortunate, but TorParse seemed to be the only one so far that created a truly useful parser for a tank that readily demonstrates defense and avoidance statistics :-(

Sulo
06.22.2012 , 06:09 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by peterjohndevries View Post
It is unfortunate, but TorParse seemed to be the only one so far that created a truly useful parser for a tank that readily demonstrates defense and avoidance statistics :-(
www.swtorcombatlogs.com tracks absorbs.

Let me know me on the "suggestions for improvements" forum there what additional tank specific (I'm no tank expert) and I'll gladly look at adding the information to what I already have.

http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com/img/ScreenShot5.jpg
[SWToR]Logs @ www.swtorcombatlogs.com

Feoktist
06.22.2012 , 02:32 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Sulo View Post
Let me know me on the "suggestions for improvements"
How about
Quote: Originally Posted by Feoktist View Post
From the top of my head:
3. Tank incoming miss / dodge / deflect / parry / hits / crits analysis -
4. Absorbed damage handling - by this I mean "glanced" attacks
6. Incoming dmg grouping by type (energy / kinetic / internal / elemental)

That's for tank and dps only, I'm sure heals have lots of things to request too.
+8. Incoming attacks grouping by type (melee / ranged / tech / force) - I bet there's enough statistics to figure all the bosses' attacks by now. I can start writing for you simple heuristic rules like this:
  • If the attack can be deflected, it's range.
  • If the attach can be parried, it's melee.
  • If a Shadow with Resilience active is immune to the attack, it's either Force or Tech.

The bottom line: the main thing tank is interested in is how much damage did he actually avoid, and how can he avoid more. Adopt this mindset and you will create a perfect parser for a tank.
Feoktist (Jedi Shadow)
Brenda (Scoundrel)