Server Recommendation

urbaindepuce

Hello,

I am playing on a low populated server right now and it's hard to find groups for flashpoints and heroic missions, when my buddy is not online. So I thought about rerolling on another server. The population should not be too high, so you can get your quests done without waiting too much for respawning enemies and mission items. The server should neither be empty nor too crowded, and an english PVP server.

Whats important to me is that I can explore as much of the world (flashpoints, missions and areas) as possible throughout all levels without having to search too long for group members.

I hope you can helping me out.

Cheers

Edit: One thing I forgot is that the two fractions should not be too unbalanced. I know it is hard to find the perfect server, but if you think that your server could be what I am looking for, please tell me (I am playing Empire).

Edited by urbaindepuce

Hello,

I am playing on a low populated server right now and it's hard to find groups for flashpoints and heroic missions, when my buddy is not online. So I thought about rerolling on another server. The population should not be too high, so you can get your quests done without waiting too much for respawning enemies and mission items. The server should neither be empty nor too crowded, and an english PVP server.

Whats important to me is that I can explore as much of the world (flashpoints, missions and areas) as possible throughout all levels without having to search too long for group members.

Cheers

Edit: One thing I forgot is that the two fractions should not be too unbalanced. I know it is hard to find the perfect server, but if you think that your server could be what I am looking for, please tell me (I am playing Empire).

We're all looking for that buddy, it doesn't exist.

Hey,

thanks for your suggestions. I forgot to say that I live in austria. I like to play on an english server because I own the english version of the game. Currently I am playing on a german server and I have to translate locations and quests to the other players (often not very accurate) so that they understand where I am and which mission I am up to.

I fear that the people in america are asleep when I am online because of the time difference. So an english server for european players would be a nice suggestion.

But another thing which fits in here would be the balancing between empire and republic. I think that on most servers there are more empire than republic players. Does this affect gameplay much (speaking of PVP)?

I really like to play Sith Warrior again, because I liked the class quests, areas and companions (I am currently level 29). I have a level 16 Jedi Knight also, but the areas and the class quests are pretty boring so far (altough I haven't seen much of it by now).

Cheers

Edited by urbaindepuce

If it helps you Mr. OP, The Harbinger is probably the most balanced PvE server available. The population is large enough to top "VERY HEAVY" during peak times on peak days (usually the beginning of the weekend), and the community is tops. I have yet to run into idiots.

Hello,

Cheers

The TOR-Talk and Tribus Communities are pleased to begin the “Jung Ma Campaign” that will be promoting the Jung Ma Server! This trailer is the mark of the beginning of the this campaign which will continue indefinitely! If you are bored on the servers you are currently play on, then I suggest you play on Jung Ma! There is always player-facilitated events underway and on frequent occasions TOR-Talk has hosted and will continue to host many events as well.

From Large-Scale Open World PvP Battles to Swoop Racing, the Jung Ma Server is a player community driven by unscripted events. Star Wars: The Old Republic is a “theme park” MMORPG with little to no Sandbox elements. If you want to truly understand what it’s like to play on Jung Ma you have to experience it!

To view the trailer that may persuade you...click here! :ph_cheers:

But another thing which fits in here would be the balancing between empire and republic. I think that on most servers there are more empire than republic players. Does this affect gameplay much (speaking of PVP)?

I really like to play Sith Warrior again ...

Imbalance does have a noted impact on PvP. For example, The faction with the greater population usually has to suffer through repeated Huttball matches against their own faction while the opposite faction has low queue times and a good chance to regularly switch up the warzone they play. At the same time it is usually easier for the higher-pop faction to overwhelm any opposition in open-world PvP situations.

If you'd be open to considering an RP-PvP server, I'd recommend Jung Ma. It's home to Tribus, an Imperial group and the official guild of the TOR-Talk community. They're making an effort to host regular server-wide, player planned and executed RP-PvP events. Their last big event, the Siege of Hoth, brought together over 250 players to fight for control of a Republic base on everyone's favorite galactic icecube (Event Introduction/Event Debrief).

EDIT Darn Imperial ninjas ...

Edited by HeavensAgent

Hey,

I think I will give Jung Ma a try, because I'm curious about this campaign. I hope that the time difference wont be a huge problem (it's 6 - 8 hours I think). I honestly thought about playing on a RP-PVP server. Bioware did not set up any specific rules, but are there dos and don'ts for playing on a RP server?

Thanks

Edited by urbaindepuce

The dos and donts are usually determined on a guild-by-guild basis. Guilds looking for more depth in their RP experience may have guidelines on appearance, behavior, etc. Other guilds focus on different aspects of the game.

The biggest thing to be aware of is having respect for the game's general naming policy, and choosing something that fits with the setting. Even that, though, is not always a huge concern.

Hey,

I think I will give Jung Ma a try, because I'm curious about this campaign. I hope that the time difference wont be a huge problem (it's 6 - 8 hours I think). I honestly thought about playing on a RP-PVP server. Bioware did not set up any specific rules, but are there dos and don'ts for playing on a RP server?

Thanks

Glad to have you aboard! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please hit me up with a PM.