Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has this game promoted too much Single Player? [lack of community]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Has this game promoted too much Single Player? [lack of community]

Toogeloo
04.09.2012 , 07:50 PM | #1
I've been getting kind of depressed at the lack of community in this game lately. I know that many people have moved on, or only socialize within their guilds now or something, but it's pretty sad that General chat doesn't move at all, even when you are in a zone with more than 20 people.

I try to spur conversation sometimes in general chat, but it usually goes unanswered or peters out after a couple comments. Even in Fleet, there practically no General Chat other than maybe someone looking for a group for a Hard Mode every 20 minutes or so.

This isn't the only problem too... some people just don't even acknowledge your presence either. I was questing on Hoth and saw another guy killing the exact same stuff I was. So I sent him a tell asking if he wanted to team and an invite as well. I got no response from him at all, and about 10 seconds later he declined the invite as well. This happened to me last week on Nar Shaddaa as well, with a different person.

People in general don't respond to tells at all. I asked a level 50 in my class that I saw in Fleet some questions regarding my class and just watched as he ran to the Cargo Holds, then to a mail box, then mounted and rode off to where ever he was going without saying anything back to me.

Finally, the most frustrating is when I am out leveling, I throw my class buff on everyone I see. Maybe 1 person in 10 actually returns the favor, even if I sit there and spam my buff on them repeatedly hoping they get the hint that I would love their buff in return.

What gives with the lack of community in the game? I swear most people just see this as a single player game and don't even recognize other people play as well. With the drastic decline in populous since release, you would think that those that remain would be even closer than before, teaming up for anything and everything, and generally being helpful, but it seems the opposite... like the more people that leave, the more the remaining players drift apart from the rest of the players.

AviorOsis
04.09.2012 , 08:00 PM | #2
This definitely feels like a single player game. I expect it to go free to play.

Nummer
04.09.2012 , 08:01 PM | #3
yeah wish there was a "true global chat" channel. if theres 300 on the whole server, split by planet, ship, fleet, station, zone.. guild chat can reach anyone anywhere--we need a open channel like guild that anyone can read and reply anytime. that builds community. that and only that.

YouYongku
04.09.2012 , 08:18 PM | #4
what server are you in?

Rotton
04.09.2012 , 08:20 PM | #5
Your question responce...Yes

1. Cant talk to the other faction...( that I know of ) makes for not knowing who your playing up against

2. Most folks ( including me ) turn their chat box off because of the "schoolyard" mentality , as fast as they shut off threads, you would think general chat would have more regs.

3. Most things in this game b4 lvl 50, can be soloed under the right conditions

4.No real interdependancy... you dont need to group...yes there is some instances for it, and of course pvp

5. The NEED for community is so lost in this game, no one wants entertainers, crafting isnt viable to have folks really need it.

6. There are sites on the web now dedicated to cheat this game, devs know it, but do not fix it, ( maybe the are trying and I am being a hard arse )

Put this stuff together and think on it...would you want to build up too much in a game like this...sure play it, beat it, stretch it out a bit.....but build something like community.......aint seeing it, wish I did
Rottonrobin Bounty Hunter
Doombringers Online Gaming Community

When I need help, I go to FORCRETREMOR

Toogeloo
04.09.2012 , 08:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by YouYongku View Post
what server are you in?
Master Zhar Lestin currently.

Tekata
04.09.2012 , 08:50 PM | #7
come join me on my server i'll talk too you.

MMornard
04.09.2012 , 08:54 PM | #8
The first thing I do is turn off general chat. I don't WANT to aimlessly chat for fifteen bucks a month... I could join Facebook and aimlessly chat for free.

I pay fifteen bucks a month for KOTOR3. If it was a single player game... or a two player game I could play with my wife... and if it had regular expansions, I'd be happier.

Other people interfere with my fun, they do not enhance it.

Captain_Zone
04.09.2012 , 11:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Your question responce...Yes

1. Cant talk to the other faction...( that I know of ) makes for not knowing who your playing up against

2. Most folks ( including me ) turn their chat box off because of the "schoolyard" mentality , as fast as they shut off threads, you would think general chat would have more regs.

3. Most things in this game b4 lvl 50, can be soloed under the right conditions

4.No real interdependancy... you dont need to group...yes there is some instances for it, and of course pvp

5. The NEED for community is so lost in this game, no one wants entertainers, crafting isnt viable to have folks really need it.

6. There are sites on the web now dedicated to cheat this game, devs know it, but do not fix it, ( maybe the are trying and I am being a hard arse )

Put this stuff together and think on it...would you want to build up too much in a game like this...sure play it, beat it, stretch it out a bit.....but build something like community.......aint seeing it, wish I did
1. As in most military/combat scenarios. You dont know until you scout them out. Similar to the "no local" in EVE Wormholes.

2. It's pretty much the same in most MMOs. Nothing new there.

3. Except for most Heroics, FPs, World Bosses, and even some "soloable" bosses unless you're overlevelled.

4. You just contradicted yourself.

5. I disagree. I've crafted a LOT of stuff and put it on GTN. It sells very well. There is always a need for outfitting your companions, and let's face it; that garbage they give you for mission rewards is.... well.... garbage.

6. The devs have been working almost non-stop to fix a lot of exploitable bugs, and already have fixed numerous glitches that people had been exploiting since beta. Main example: The AoE PvP Flag bug on PvE servers. Fixed, since it was being exploited badly.

Remember, they have teams dedicated to resolving glitch issues that are seperate from the new content dev team.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Tsukae
04.10.2012 , 12:40 AM | #10
Single-player is definitely a little too focused upon. Doesn't help that my server is dead. :/
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia