Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meetra Surik(The Exile) Cooler than revan IMO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Meetra Surik(The Exile) Cooler than revan IMO

Captain_Zone
04.08.2012 , 04:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
If you think Revan is too special that it becomes silly, why isn't the same true for the exile? The Exile is even more "special". They Exile was quite literally the one person that somehow was immune to Nihiuls ridiculous planet eating power and the somewhat goofy idea that he or she survived without the force makes them more unique than Revan's goofy idea of mastering both sides of the force.

If Revan is too special then The Exile is waaaaay too special.
Must be a rabid Revan fanboy or just a hater, I'm guessing. Haters gonna hate. *shrug*
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Rayla_Felana
04.08.2012 , 05:26 PM | #22
If you think Revan is too special that it becomes silly, why isn't the same true for the exile? The Exile is even more "special". They Exile was quite literally the one person that somehow was immune to Nihiuls ridiculous planet eating power and the somewhat goofy idea that he or she survived without the force makes them more unique than Revan's goofy idea of mastering both sides of the force.

It is not the man himself, it is the ridiculous over-worship of his character, so much so that it becomes canon to many when that simply isn't true.

mefit
04.08.2012 , 05:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Must be a rabid Revan fanboy or just a hater, I'm guessing. Haters gonna hate. *shrug*
I told myself when this thread was made that I would leave it alone and let the Surik Fans have their moment but I think after reading this post I now have to reply .

Revan was made to be a War Hero
The Exile(From KotoRII ,not Meetra) was made to be a God.

The Exile's enemies are out of a DC comic book with Super Powers and unstoppable by all other than 1 instance of them giving up as Scion and Nihilus only died in the instance of giving up. Heck even Keira begged to be killed as she said "If you do not end me , I will surely end you" .

I do not like Obsidian , but I did kinda like KotoRII . I cannot deny that .

When it comes to haters gonna hate , you would have to dig out all the "Revan vs" and pretty much I hate Revan threads,

What power did Drew give Revan that made him sooo OP ? Surely Sever Force is one of the most OP powers in the force and it wasn't Revan with it . Revan wouldn't even know how to combat against it.............could be wrong but really he like most Jedi and Sith relied on a bulk of Force Powers to get them through .
When The Exile was made , she was given powers that would make Revan and most force users look like infants in the force because when Obsidians poor writers came together that is the only thing they could come up with to make a hero BIGGER than Revan .

In most of KotoRII besides the Exile being given powers that would make Revan look like a child , oddly enough they made the Exile a follower of Revan and not the other way around. Blame Drew for that but then you need to replay KotoRII. Most of the back story had Meetra painted as a loyal General to Revan and even friend.

When it comes to haters gonna hate , it seems their is more hate on these forums for Revan than any other character in KotoR or StarWars for that matter . Drew was a writer for Bioware and he did what most writers would have done in his shoes right or wrong. I am not here to over debate Drew nor Revan but it is played out by Surik Fanboys over and over .

Drew is responsible for writings in games I like alot "KotoR to MassEffect and even a little of what I am playing now in TOR" , if you hate his writing so much and think hes bad , than why does the games hes envolved in make more money and sell better than Obsidian games ?

I see no harm in what Drew did , I will say though it did come full circle on how Revan can be selfish in both Revan's Novel and in TOR when he appears and does not name his "Old Friend" even though she gave her life for him.
Surpising those Surik Fanboys forgot to mention Revan's selfishness as he has not just did this once but most of Revan and Surik Storylines.

Hatred on these forms for Revan outweighs anything for Surik or anyone else in StarWars Author or character . So yes Haters gonna hate !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

mefit
04.08.2012 , 05:39 PM | #24

Only thing I have come to learn since coming to TOR FORUMS is StarWars fans like to Derail and attack other peoples favorite characters . Every I hate Revan thread is always the same people constantly attacking and trying their hardest to put the character down and anyone who likes him .
I use to go to other StarWars forums but it has never been so bad as on the TOR forums as tehy seem to give most Negative posting a pass and let people start troll threads .

KotoRII was made like a DC Marvel comic with over the top Characters who really were unstopable.

KotoRI started off with the main character on his way to dieing by being betrayed by his apprentice and being saved by a group of Jedi who were also their to kill him . He had basic powers and basic combat skills but was smart with how he used them . He was not over the top and was killable . Meetra on the other had can take away force powers from other Force users and Game over! At no point did The Exile feel defeatable and nor did they ever let that on.
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Rayla_Felana
04.08.2012 , 05:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
He was not over the top and was killable.
Lmfao.

Eillack
04.08.2012 , 06:02 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
She was an awesome character who was given a completely useless death, imo. Only one I can think of that was worse was Roy Fokker in the Macross Saga...

Actually, he died well in the movie, so that kinda redeems him. Drew, on the other hand can't rewrite Meetra's death.
I haven't read the book, but from what I hear, I have to agree with you..

Spoiler
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

OldVengeance
04.08.2012 , 06:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
It is not the man himself, it is the ridiculous over-worship of his character, so much so that it becomes canon to many when that simply isn't true.
Well that's actually something I can agree with. In truth I always did think he was at least a little overrated. I just never felt the Exile was really a phenomenally different example of a PC. Not that I really hate either of them, but I think they are both fairly blank slates for instance.

Rayla_Felana
04.08.2012 , 06:20 PM | #28
Well that's actually something I can agree with. In truth I always did think he was at least a little overrated. I just never felt the Exile was really a phenomenally different example of a PC. They are both fairly blank slates for instance.
Well my personal reason for liking the Exile more were the facts, she never got praised through the roof by other characters, she actually earned all the respect she gained and she always stuck to her beliefs, she wasn't some big epic hero, she was the hero needed of the moment.

Revan was far to much of your typical fallen Jedi character, difference was, he never ever seemed to suffer any consequences, everybody was too madly in love with him to care if he had turned traitor and burned down almost all the galaxy, he just seemed WAY overrated in and out of game, yet he didn't even have his own personality, he was just your blank character/mysterious figure, I never got what all the fuss was about.

The Exile was much more different, much more down to earth and suffered the consequences to a massive degree, she was more human and more respectable.

Darth_Eminok
04.08.2012 , 06:31 PM | #29
There are a few things I'd like to day.

There is NO CANON for these characters. Even if the Star Wars Franchise says so.

Why? Because you basically made every single choice in the KOTOR games. YOU decided what choices were made. YOU decided EVERYTHING in KOTOR.

Then Star Wars throws it down the drain and declares THIS WAY canon, THAT WAY fake.

Sickening.

2. Yes the people in SW are now your DC comic book characters. So? There was not one person who decided that in SW you can't go Dragon Ball Z. And Frankly, this OPness led to the greatest stories that I've seen.

3. Revan is over-worshipped, I agree.

4. I can't remember who I'm quoting anymore. May edit this later :P.
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

Fyurii
04.08.2012 , 06:52 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eminok View Post
There are a few things I'd like to day.

There is NO CANON for these characters. Even if the Star Wars Franchise says so.
There is, and it does.

Quote:
Why? Because you basically made every single choice in the KOTOR games. YOU decided what choices were made. YOU decided EVERYTHING in KOTOR.
That's the style of game, a typical western CRPG.
Like it or lump it, there is a canon outcome for both games, and it is (yet again) the Light Side aka "good guys" one.
It's not decided by the fans, or by Bioware/Obsidian. Lucas Licencing.

Quote:
Then Star Wars throws it down the drain and declares THIS WAY canon, THAT WAY fake.

Sickening.
Unfortunately (more for people like yourself) it's become a standard practice that most Star Wars games are now contributing to the EU and C-Canon.
It's part of the multimedia "onslaught" of Star Wars.

Personally that's ok, up to a point.
I'd prefer it if more games weren't contributing to the EU and C-Canon at all.
Maybe then we'd have more (and hopefully) better Star Wars games.
Starfighter, Galactic Battlegrounds, TFU II and others, they all added to the EU and C-Canon. They all sucked as games.

Quote:
2. Yes the people in SW are now your DC comic book characters. So? There was not one person who decided that in SW you can't go Dragon Ball Z. And Frankly, this OPness led to the greatest stories that I've seen.

3. Revan is over-worshipped, I agree.

4. I can't remember who I'm quoting anymore. May edit this later :P.
Number 4 is the most relevant to what follows.
You're not quoting anyone in particular, but it looks like you're addressing Mefit and maybe Rayla.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾