Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Voice Acting?

Projawa
04.08.2012 , 10:48 PM | #21
All the voices overs are very well done. That goes for main classes and npcs.
My favorite has to be the female smuggler, very funny and engaging. It helps that my smuggler has a cheerful look and a slight grin that really fits the voice.

Loseriticus
04.08.2012 , 10:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerav View Post
I know this thread has already been made maybe several times, but i couldn't find them so i made my own . Since i've played most of the class/gender combos to mid level range (still haven't really played male IA, female troop, fem smuggler or fem bounty hunter), i wanted to give my two cents about which class i think was voiced the best. (feel free to debate me):
So far I've played Male Jedi Knight, Female Jedi Consular, Male Trooper, Female Smuggler.

I agree, the male trooper voice acting is excellent. The female smuggler is also very good. I also agree the female consular fits the part--a wise, solemn, jedi.

I thought the male jedi Knight was just average. Something about that voice that just didn't fit right for me.

Oh, and just to add--the two worst voices I've encountered are Lord Scourge and Ako Domi. Both sound like rank amateurs.

BlueSouthPike
04.08.2012 , 11:07 PM | #23
When it comes to voice acting, I have to say that all the classes are pretty good, but some, are, as you might imagine, are better than others.

Sith Inquisitor - Both male and Female voices are great here, though I'm a bit more inclined to give the edge to the male, if only because you can sound a bit scarier at times, and that he still manages to sound properly Sith-like even when going Light Side. but still, both are great.

Imperial Agent - The Female voice is unquestionably brilliant, but I must be one of the few people who actually likes the male agent voice. Sure, he sounds kind of "off" at times, and he talks quietly, but when you think about it, how else would you expect an intelligence operative who spends most of his time working a very unglamorous job to sound like? He gets in some great moments of snarking, thanks to his delivery, and when he actually overtly emotes, the previously-even voice gives way to something much more impactful.

Bounty Hunter - No major complaints here, though the male does sound a might bit too deep and raspy to be speaking like that all the time. I thought that some of his moments were great, though. Overall, though, the female voice is (even if only slightly) a bit higher quality.

Sith Warrior - Once again, both are great here. However, there seems to be a bit of a rift when it comes to voice characterization. The male is more inclined to snark and speak in this sort of smug, superior voice; while the female is more openly emotive.

Smuggler - Far and away, the best (and funniest) voice acting on the Republic side (and a strong contender for the best VAs in the entire game). Both male and female voices match their characters completely, from the flirting, to the one-liners, to the witty banter with their crews. Special mention must be made for the female smuggler voice, though, which is far and away one of the most genuine-sounding and enjoyable in the entire game. Very charming, that one.

Trooper - Brian Bloom does great as the male trooper, but Jeniffer Hale as the female trooper does have some rough spots. Oh, she's still very good, make no mistake, but it just seems like she's trying to sound intentionally like Commander Shepard, and falling a bit flat. I think that, had they tried to characterize the female trooper as something else other than a Commander Shepard sound-alike (i.e. trying to develop a unique sound for her rather than the same voice of one of Hale's more famous roles), the female trooper would have come off as a better voice.

Jedi Consular - The male consular is not exactly ideal, but he fits, all the same, so long as you play light-side (his dark-side dialogue leaves something to be desired...). The female voice is much better in all regards.

Jedi Knight - Solid Snake does a good turn as the male knight, though he can come off as a bit too pious-sounding sometimes, and his range is a bit too well-controlled here for it to sound completely believable. The female knight, like her sister the femal consular, is once again much better than her male counterpart in just about all respects.

Marak
04.09.2012 , 02:42 AM | #24
I'm very very partial to the female IA.

Absolutely amazing.

DirtyStain
04.09.2012 , 04:23 AM | #25
SW - Male: I liked it. His superior sounding "noble" voice worked for me and really matched my characters looks. 8

IA - Female: What is it about her that makes her so gosh darn amazing? Cause she is. My favorite. 10

BH - Female: I thought she did a great job.

Boissi
04.09.2012 , 05:29 AM | #26
Some thoughts:

Both agent voices are great. The male one just fits an agent so well. It's like he never has to raise his voice, even when intimidating others. Great flirts too. Female is great as well. Planning on leveling up a female sniper just to enjoy the voice acting more. Overall I think the agent has my two favorite voice actors in the game. What also makes them great is that they sometimes drop the accent when going undercover. It's a nice little touch.

SW male I also like. I don't quite like him when going lightside, but that may just be because I'm playing a mostly DS character and can't quite picture him as good. He does the crazy DS stuff well, though I prefer the more subtle approach to evil, and ended up not picking most of the "stupidly evil" choices. His last class quest moments are the most fantastic moments in any story I've played so far, and it mostly comes down to how awesome he sounds when given great lines.

Both Inquisitor voices I'm kind of indifferent about. Female is alright, but leaves no impact, and the male I actually dislike quite a bit. Maybe it's just the heavy accent, I dunno, but I don't like it at all. His voice is what kept me from rolling a sorc as my first character, so I should actually be thankful, because my Jugg ended up being the perfect choice.

All the Jedi male voices are too bland and boring to me. Same goes for Consular female. I like the JK female voice, though I couldn't imagine her going darkside. As the great hero of the game she is good. Actually has some emotion behind her speech.

Commander Shepard is good. Haven't played her past coruscant though, so maybe the complaints in this thread are valid, but I would still pick the female voice any day.

Female Smuggler hasn't gotten so much as a mention is this thread I think, but I really like her. She's just so very funny, and the voice doesn't sound forced at all, unlike the male smuggler voice. Great lines and great delivery. Check out some comedy compilations in youtube or something, and you're bound to love her.

BH male is like I'd imagine a BH to sound. It's not really "good", but it is entertaining, and fits my BH well.

The only two classes I can't find a voice I really like are the Inquisitor and Consular classes, which are actually mirrors of each other. Weird. Inq female is decent though, but the other 3 voices I just can't get into at all.
@ Scepter of Ragnos

Zixu - 50 Sith Juggernaut |||Sihq - 50 Sith Sorcerer ||| Powers - 50 Operative ||| Ziksi - 49 Jedi Sentinel ||| Ziksu - 41 Powertech ||| Zixi - 17+ Sniper

jbuschell
04.09.2012 , 07:38 AM | #27
I saw someone mention Spike Spiegel earlier in this thread and the voice actor of good ol Spike actually plays 2 roles in swtor, the inquisitor companion Andronikus Revel and Baron Deathmark the huttball announcer
E-Thuggin since 1987

chuixupu
04.09.2012 , 04:37 PM | #28
I know the male IA doesn't seem to be one of the more popular ones, but it's my favorite. I have two level 50 agents, so I better well like it, lol.

I also love the female Bounty Hunter. The male BH always sounds too scripted to me.

Male Smuggler is awesome as well, makes me think a little of Malcom Reynalds.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

AgrippAA
04.10.2012 , 07:06 AM | #29
i thought the male IA voice was excellent across the board. I liked him dropping into a soft american accent when he was playing a role, thought that was as good as his normal Imperial/British.

Female bounty hunter (grey delisle?) she was great as well - suited the money driven mercenary imo.

The Male SI - seems pretty good... but hes got a very deep voice and my SI is a tiny chap so the voice doesnt match the character to some extend. Thats as much my fault i suppose

Male Warrior im a little disappointed by. The actor is good but i was expecting some deep booming voice. The character is based off Darth Vader after all, i was hoping to have some guy whos voice rattles the bones of everyone in the vicinity whenever he speaks.

Male Jedi Kinght - suited to the role but my conversation choices and the character itself dont really give the VA much of a chance to shine imo.

Anaerobe
04.10.2012 , 02:28 PM | #30
As a poster above said I too must be one of the few who likes the Male IA voice.....played as body type 1 (my toon) the speech is classic Empire, controlled precise and a bit psychotic.

It certainly wouldn't work as a body 3 or 4 it would just appear "off".

Favorite is the Female Inquisitor sassy, sarcastic just enough evil to tease the light and dark side..../drool.

I haven't tried the Female IA so many people have mention it I'll have to test one.

Deleted my Female Bounty Hunter almost immediately upon hearing her speak.

Both Male Inquisitor and Warrior sounded good but a little cliche in their evilness same for their counterparts on the Republic side....they fit the characters but meh not my cup of blue milk.

I haven't worked on my Gunslinger in a while but voice was okay....the writing was excellent so many funny lines.