Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darth Nihilus


Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
04.06.2012 , 01:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
I personally would love if Bioware did something surrounding Nihilus , be it a flashpoint or maybe a comeback ?!
I wouldn't mind Scion but I was not a fan of him .

I think it is generally possible to bring back Nihilus , him and Scion were kinda made to be beyond belief Sithlords .
I also wouldn't mind a flashpoint that involved someone putting on Nihilus's mask and being taken over and becoming him. I think Sion should stay dead, Sion was turned back to the light.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Remiel's Avatar


Remiel
04.06.2012 , 01:40 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
my dislike is not story of kotor 2 but how it portyated the sith i like the exile but not the sith she fights.


in fact i don't feel that i am fighting are sith more like fighting sauron orc army like failed attmpet to bring lotr into star wars.
I can't help but feel that was the point. After all they weren't the true sith, and were mostly made up of corrupted jedi.
I am posting on this thread, because I am bored...
Squadron 11-11-11 *never forget*

Mirdthestrill's Avatar


Mirdthestrill
04.06.2012 , 03:31 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Exactly. Which is why I love the Nihilus Character, its the Dark Side of the Exile. The Dark Side of the main character is the main Villain.
It was actually a little bit of a letdown when I killed him because he was so awesome throughout the entire story. Just the guy who walks by and everybody dies.
I <3 alts!

undeadsithdread's Avatar


undeadsithdread
04.06.2012 , 04:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
I can't help but feel that was the point. After all they weren't the true sith, and were mostly made up of corrupted jedi.
even so it still gave a people the wrong impreesion about sith.

i start seeing posts complain about how the sith lords don't look like sauron-like beings and empire don't look like the all evil dark army.
Sith assassin Forever!

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
04.06.2012 , 04:14 PM | #25
I hope BioWare hires Avellone to write for them. KotOR II was quite a bit better than KotOR I as far as story goes. A shame they were not allowed the time they needed to finish the story properly.



Kreia: "Revan was..... power.... like staring into a pale reflection of Kyle Katarn."
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

BlazingShadow's Avatar


BlazingShadow
04.06.2012 , 06:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer keeping his backstory a mystery. Once an ordinary man, turned into literally an embodiment of the dark side.
Darth Nihilus is more than the darkside, more than a fool adhering to one idealism. No, he is was a raw force, the power of consumption, of hunger. Nihilism was not alive, and he was not death, for death itself is simply a step in the cycle of life and the Force.

Darth Nihilus is the end. He is worse than death, for "even a corpse could feed the hungry beasts". It is in him that you see the end of all life and thus death, he is the the drain, the end, the end of the Force and every living thing. He consumes only to persist and consume again, he shall consume until there is not a living thing left in the Galaxy... not even himself.

And then he took a lightsaber to the knee.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
04.06.2012 , 06:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
Darth Nihilus is more than the darkside, more than a fool adhering to one idealism. No, he is was a raw force, the power of consumption, of hunger. Nihilism was not alive, and he was not death, for death itself is simply a step in the cycle of life and the Force.

Darth Nihilus is the end. He is worse than death, for "even a corpse could feed the hungry beasts". It is in him that you see the end of all life and thus death, he is the the drain, the end, the end of the Force and every living thing. He consumes only to persist and consume again, he shall consume until there is not a living thing left in the Galaxy... not even himself.

And then he took a lightsaber to the knee.
Meh. I just chopped him up like sushi and took his mask.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

AngelousWang's Avatar


AngelousWang
04.06.2012 , 07:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
Sion should stay dead, Sion was turned back to the light.
One Sion was very likely always Sith, there is no Jedi evidence of Sion ever, he just appeared a Sith during Exar Kun's Empire ... so there no back to the Light, he never experienced Light as far as we know.

Two Sion was not redeemed, he was just convinced that living the way he was, was not worth the eternal pain and suffering he had to endure. He may have let go of his pain at long last, but he only did it for selfish reasons and he was still extremely hate-filled at the world when he went.

Quote:
"I am glad to leave this place…at last."
CE VIP

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
04.06.2012 , 10:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
One Sion was very likely always Sith, there is no Jedi evidence of Sion ever, he just appeared a Sith during Exar Kun's Empire ... so there no back to the Light, he never experienced Light as far as we know.

Two Sion was not redeemed, he was just convinced that living the way he was, was not worth the eternal pain and suffering he had to endure. He may have let go of his pain at long last, but he only did it for selfish reasons and he was still extremely hate-filled at the world when he went.

I never claimed that Sion was a Jedi. I don't know why I had inserted the word back into that sentence, sorry for the confusion regarding that.

I disagree, he tried his damndest to talk Meetra out of facing Traya by saying she will destroy you. I don't remember the full conversation convincing him to quit living but I remember choices along the lines of, lay down your hatred. In the end Sion did put down his hatred which is what kept he alive, in my opinion that screams turning to the light.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

TheBentOne's Avatar


TheBentOne
04.06.2012 , 10:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Meh. I just chopped him up like sushi and took his mask.
Nihilus was the biggest disappointment of the game. Not because of his character, which was awesome but because of how freaking EASY it was to kill him. He was built up so much as this planet consuming monster. But I just walked onto his command bridge and sliced him up. That was a huge letdown and one of the very, very few things that KOTRII did wrong IMO.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.