Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Nihilus

Aximand
04.05.2012 , 07:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I think Sion was Existualism, Wookiee doesn't seem to mention it anymore. I remember their titles: Nihilus = Lord of Hunger Sion = Lord of Pain Traya = The Betrayer
I think you're right. God dang, Chris was way better than Drew wasn't he?
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

BradTheImpaler
04.05.2012 , 08:02 PM | #12
I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer keeping his backstory a mystery. Once an ordinary man, turned into literally an embodiment of the dark side.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Tuscad
04.05.2012 , 08:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
I think you're right. God dang, Chris was way better than Drew wasn't he?
I like Drew and his stories but they all seemed to have the same theme, Chris always changed his themes around.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

TechnogeekSA
04.05.2012 , 08:25 PM | #14
Nihilus arguably served as a dark reflection of the Exile more than anything else.

Both survived Malachor V, both cut themselves off from the Force in reaction to the pain of that world's destruction, and both effectively became a walking wound in the Force as a result. Had things gone differently for the Exile, had she made different choices or walked different paths, it could have been her behind the mask.

This is probably why his fight occurs after the Big Scene With Darth Traya (if you've played KOTOR 2 you know the one). The Jedi Council (if it survived) has already seen the Force through the eyes of the Exile, but in Nihilus you see the Exile through the eyes of the Jedi Council.
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

BrandonSM
04.05.2012 , 09:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TechnogeekSA View Post
Nihilus arguably served as a dark reflection of the Exile more than anything else.

Both survived Malachor V, both cut themselves off from the Force in reaction to the pain of that world's destruction, and both effectively became a walking wound in the Force as a result. Had things gone differently for the Exile, had she made different choices or walked different paths, it could have been her behind the mask.

This is probably why his fight occurs after the Big Scene With Darth Traya (if you've played KOTOR 2 you know the one). The Jedi Council (if it survived) has already seen the Force through the eyes of the Exile, but in Nihilus you see the Exile through the eyes of the Jedi Council.
Exactly. Which is why I love the Nihilus Character, its the Dark Side of the Exile. The Dark Side of the main character is the main Villain.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

undeadsithdread
04.06.2012 , 03:52 AM | #16
i did not like kotor 2 because it made sith look like sauron evil army.

only kotor kept the sith true to lore.
Sith assassin Forever!

Rayla_Felana
04.06.2012 , 06:39 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
i did not like kotor 2 because it made sith look like sauron evil army.

only kotor kept the sith true to lore.
Everything done with the villains of KotOR II was already done many times over in the EU beforehand, so I don't know where you got that from.

Spartanik
04.06.2012 , 07:05 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Everything done with the villains of KotOR II was already done many times over in the EU beforehand, so I don't know where you got that from.
maybe that is the problem most of EU lore sucks. At some point donw the line It simply isnt star warsy anymore.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

mefit
04.06.2012 , 07:45 AM | #19
I personally would love if Bioware did something surrounding Nihilus , be it a flashpoint or maybe a comeback ?!
I wouldn't mind Scion but I was not a fan of him .

I think it is generally possible to bring back Nihilus , him and Scion were kinda made to be beyond belief Sithlords .
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

undeadsithdread
04.06.2012 , 01:20 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
my dislike is not story of kotor 2 but how it portyated the sith i like the exile but not the sith she fights.

in fact i don't feel that i am fighting are sith more like fighting sauron orc army like failed attmpet to bring lotr into star wars.

the voice sith makes after you kill them + the zombie sith + the ghostly sith etc you get the ideal.

the games turns the sith into morder army.

in kotor bioware kept sith true to star wars malak is power hungry sith lord who wants to conquer the galaxy for his empire.
Sith assassin Forever!