Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Buff Dirty Fighting (scoundrel)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Buff Dirty Fighting (scoundrel)

GamingVertigo
04.01.2012 , 10:25 PM | #1
Now im not saying we should buff the damage of dirty fighting for scoundrel all i think that a range increase for both Hemorrhaging blast and Wounding Shots to 30m and quick shot as well so we arent completely useless at range and can do some moderate damage to make it more on par with other classes.

10m is too short of a range and doesnt really make a difference from 4m the standard of of melee abilities.

Comment if you have something to add or in contradiction (contructive please).
Texilon lvl 50 Mercenary - Lord Praven
Heckid lvl 50 Juggernaut - Lord Praven
Swave lvl 50 Scoundrel - Crucible Pits

Shardie
04.01.2012 , 10:45 PM | #2
Honestly, my opinion is that if you wanted range you should have rolled gunslinger. DF probably needs a buff for scoundrels, but not in terms of range.
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger

CoNfuSioN_
04.02.2012 , 02:17 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Shardie View Post
Honestly, my opinion is that if you wanted range you should have rolled gunslinger. DF probably needs a buff for scoundrels, but not in terms of range.
Thanks for impressing us with your first hand experience. How's that lvl 20 shadow doing?

Dirty Fighting has no way to proc UH/TA except for the same way that Scrapper/Concealment do, without the big damage buffs to that range of combat, along with having a combat system based entirely on a damage type that can be purged entirely.

Shardie
04.02.2012 , 03:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CoNfuSioN_ View Post
Thanks for impressing us with your first hand experience. How's that lvl 20 shadow doing?
You know I havent updated my signature since the first day of the early access, proberly should. And I was speaking in terms of a gunslinger; ranged is our domain. It'd be like the Guardians shared tree allowing you to use two lightsabers.
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger

Aetou
04.02.2012 , 03:38 AM | #5
DF Scoundrels don't need longer range on their 10m abilities, they need a way to generate UHs from 10m instead of being forced to fight within 4m. Ranged UH generation (crit bleeds, perhaps?) and then Quick Shot getting a cost reduction from Rough & Tumble too would be all it takes to let us fight effectively at 10m now they have given us a fix for the 'cleanse and we can't hurt you' issue.

CoNfuSioN_
04.02.2012 , 04:16 AM | #6
You know I havent updated my signature since the first day of the early access, proberly should. And I was speaking in terms of a gunslinger; ranged is our domain. It'd be like the Guardians shared tree allowing you to use two lightsabers.
I have a BM guardian thank you. I don't need "two lightsabers" to fight effectively (and the fact that you even made that comment gets you a VIP pass to the short bus), but having some sort of ranged proc for UH/TA is needed for dirty fighting/lethality. They are not a melee class like scrap/conceal, so they shouldn't be reliant on melee abilities.

Course I don't know why I bother. 90% of this forum is populated with braindead blowhards with zero experience yet all the answers.

Sacrmeno
04.02.2012 , 04:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CoNfuSioN_ View Post
90% of this forum is populated with braindead blowhards with zero experience yet all the answers.
Why are you talking 'bout yourself?

She's right, Scoundrels do need to settle for less range with all their healing and stealth, and yeah I have no experience (look at my sig although I got pretty far into act one with my BH but then rerolled to create a legacy and was bored of Tharbine), but I've seen the skill trees and it appears the one thing gunslinger have against scoundrels is their burst dps and range
Tharbine Valros, Mandolore's Chosen--Darth Xodrai Valros-- Captain Carturio Valros-

MightyMoonWorm
04.02.2012 , 09:02 AM | #8
When most Operative/Scoundrel attack abilities are 10m, Snipers/Gunslingers passively add 5m to commonly used abilities, and you choose Operative/Scoundrel expecting range, you're doing something wrong.

bodr
04.02.2012 , 09:49 AM | #9
Only Upperhand generating ability need to range buff.

Wounding Shots (10m) require Upper Hand but Blaster Wipe (4m, add 1 UH) is melee lol.

So for burst need to go in melee 4m.

Tenacity
04.02.2012 , 04:07 PM | #10
Wow, you got to level 60? How'd you manage that?
THE LYNX LEGACY THE HARBINGER
Lynx --- Bastet --- Pakhet --- Leonen --- Maihos
Shock and Jawa Full Metal Jawa