Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Am i the only one who likes this game? for what it is?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Am i the only one who likes this game? for what it is?

Wookieluva
03.28.2012 , 04:41 AM | #1
everywhere I look on the forums i see people threatening to quit SWTOR because its not SWG.... even tho bioware said it would definately not be SWG...

people want bounty hunters to have player bounties... even on PVE servers... they say BH has no bounties... but the story has quite a few bounties... they just wish to grief players so they decide to go BH.... and now are mad because they cant grief PCs

people keep asking for minigames like pazaak... if you want to play pazaak i am sure there is a Pazaak game free online... or podracing hey they made a game that is only pod racing go play that....

and then you have those who complain about the lack of content.... i have to admit more content would be nice.... a more open feeling world would also be nice... where i can change the course of my story by betraying an employer then working for his enemy... or slaying everyone and they story takes a different turn....

Overall i like this game... i did not enjoy SWG... I do enjoy this... dont turn this into SWG... if you wish to play SWG then play SWG... if you turn this game into SWG then it will go the way of SWG.... and you will be reminded as to why you stopped playing SWG
"You don't know me son, so lemme explain this to ya once. If I ever kill you: you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

~Captain Malcom Reynolds

Toweleeeie
03.28.2012 , 05:08 AM | #2
First of all great sig.

Let me ask you this. Do you like any of the gear past level 20?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302634
Can I has more Sandbox?

Maglon
03.28.2012 , 05:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieluva View Post
everywhere I look on the forums i see people threatening to quit SWTOR because its not SWG.... even tho bioware said it would definately not be SWG...

people want bounty hunters to have player bounties... even on PVE servers... they say BH has no bounties... but the story has quite a few bounties... they just wish to grief players so they decide to go BH.... and now are mad because they cant grief PCs

people keep asking for minigames like pazaak... if you want to play pazaak i am sure there is a Pazaak game free online... or podracing hey they made a game that is only pod racing go play that....

and then you have those who complain about the lack of content.... i have to admit more content would be nice.... a more open feeling world would also be nice... where i can change the course of my story by betraying an employer then working for his enemy... or slaying everyone and they story takes a different turn....

Overall i like this game... i did not enjoy SWG... I do enjoy this... dont turn this into SWG... if you wish to play SWG then play SWG... if you turn this game into SWG then it will go the way of SWG.... and you will be reminded as to why you stopped playing SWG
You just might be!

DieAlteHexe
03.28.2012 , 05:15 AM | #4
Nope. You are not. There are plenty of folk who either like the game pretty much as is or who have the patience to realise that an MMO evolves and like it enough to hang in whilst the evolution occurs.

Lot of noise on forums, not all of it wrong either but most folk don't bother with forums anymore.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

livnthedream
03.28.2012 , 05:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
First of all great sig.

Let me ask you this. Do you like any of the gear past level 20?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302634
yes. while i can agree that some armor types are harder to find for than others, i have had little trouble finding sets for both my characters, and my companions, that look good and fit the character archtype. do a bit of digging and you can fill out a fairly solid set for pretty much whatever you are looking for between fp drops, quest rewards, random orange world drops, comm vendors, and crafted. keep in mind that synthweaving and armormech both make non specific orange pieces that all of that armor class can wear. my bh is wearing some synthweaving oranges currently because they looked/fit better than what was available from armormech, as an example.

@op nope, i feel almost exactly as you do. even most of the gripes are really quite minor issues, or things that they have flat stated that they are fixing or not fixing at all. i agree that there are issues that need fixing, mostly fairly minor tweaks and bug fixes, but the majority is in a great place, especially with what they have already unveiled for us in 1.2

Hobnobb
03.28.2012 , 05:30 AM | #6
There are loads of people enjoying the game. These forums on the other hand are filled with QQ:ers and trolls.

Sporin
03.28.2012 , 05:37 AM | #7
It's not a case of not liking, I for one think the game has a lot of potential and "could" grow into something very great.
But somethings are very badly thought out or just not done, and the game is suffering because of it. (Empty servers?).
Here's hoping 1.2 can breathe some life into it, then the real CPR can take over and add a lot of features that are missing, see "Lord_Ravenhurst's" signature for most of them (not all do-able, but it's a start!).
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. But SWTOR F2P!?!? Time to die.

Meldwyn
03.28.2012 , 05:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieluva View Post

First, let me complement you on your use of the extended period at the end of almost every sentence... (...)!

Anyway, I am glad you are enjoying the game "as is". I think plenty of people do. I for one did for 1 and a half characters, but now my second toon is stuck at level 39 because I want to level via flashpoints and some questing. Well, I have been unable to pull any groups together for Foundry or Colicoid for over a month. The past two times I have logged on (about a week apart), there was no interest in guild or in /who. So, I log off and do something else.

Sadly, this is no longer fun. When you can't enjoy the game, the game becomes boring and stagnate. Oh well... (...)
My epiphany about End Game in SWTOR!

Kubernetic
03.28.2012 , 05:44 AM | #9
When this game was in development, I swore I'd never play it.

Now I can't imagine letting my subscription lapse.

I love the game. I'm starting to despise the forums.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Azzras
03.28.2012 , 05:51 AM | #10
I like the game, but there is so much that can still be done with it.

You mentioned Pazaak. Why couldn't BW implement that? It fits lore and would make a fun mini-game.

Would love to see full control space combat/pvp.
Would love to see some type of racing...ie swoop/pod racing.
Would love spectator mode for warzones.

All of that and more can be added over time.

Fun game and can't wait to see how it evolves!
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( • ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)