Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Been told to wipe your char list by guild

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Been told to wipe your char list by guild

Azkit
03.28.2012 , 05:39 AM | #21
I can understand a guild weekly tax rather than donations. I recall we had a donation policy in my WoW guild back in the day, what happened was that one person donated and everyone else took and she got mad when people took more than they should (taking flasks for PvP when we're a PvE guild) when she was the one providing everything in the guild bank.
NIGHTMARES ASYLUM
Server: Hedarr Soongh
Kara Gunn (Op) - | - Ray Gunn (Merc)

sjmc
03.28.2012 , 05:57 AM | #22
Paying money into a guild is a reasonable thing if it is for expenses that benefit everyone (such as weekly rent on a guild hall).

Rami__
03.28.2012 , 06:11 AM | #23
Only Eve-Online from what I know has had a suspicion culture going that far amongst the 'guilds' (corporations and alliances).

In PL we'd screen applicants in a multitude of ways, going from a interview to full API key exposures. API keys and the character names of all personas on that account are run through a DB of all known spies and other persona non grata. If we find evidence ANY of the characters are owned by someone with multiple accounts then this is probed, and more checks are run if needed.

We also actively monitored IP addresses used by members and applicants wherever we had access to this info (mumble, irc services, website). These are again cross-checked against known offending IPs. The PL website and forums have a type of unicode watermarking built in which means any leaked information can be traced back to the account in question (including screenshots as the unicode watermark leaves a very minute visual marker). Passwords were monitored in a similar way. If a member would use a password that an unwanted person had used in the past that would be flagged up and investigated.

Yes sirs, internet spaceships is, and always has been, serious bzns.

Edit: so what I'm saying is, you might have accidentally joined PL in SWTOR, if they made a guild xD If so, o/ guys
Having problems with lag or other GFX issues in SWTOR? See this thread for some possibly helpful tips and tricks.

Galbatorrix
03.28.2012 , 06:22 AM | #24
Guilds are weird. I'd rather pug. I good pug is like a one night stand. They're not always fun (and sometimes you're a bit itchy after), but once it's over, it's over. No strings attached.

It's honestly why I'm in love with tools like the dungeon finder. It allows me to group and enjoy group activities without the commitment and politics that come along with being in a guild. I have a 50 hour a week job and a family. I only get to play a few hours a night when my kids are in the bed... I don't need someone telling me what I should be doing or how I should be playing during the small amount of "me" time that I get.

Sparklehorse
03.28.2012 , 06:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
There was this one time in band camp........

Band camp was horrible for me....

I played the tuba
Stop exploding you cowards!

Kinrain
03.28.2012 , 06:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Guilds are weird. I'd rather pug. I good pug is like a one night stand. They're not always fun (and sometimes you're a bit itchy after), but once it's over, it's over. No strings attached.

It's honestly why I'm in love with tools like the dungeon finder. It allows me to group and enjoy group activities without the commitment and politics that come along with being in a guild. I have a 50 hour a week job and a family. I only get to play a few hours a night when my kids are in the bed... I don't need someone telling me what I should be doing or how I should be playing during the small amount of "me" time that I get.
I'd say you've been in the wrong guilds matey.

Find a fun loving mature guild and you'll have a different experience which is more fun than pugglies.
R.I.P . Gone But Not Forgotten
╬╬╬╬╬╣███████████████████████)

Catch_TwentyTwo
03.28.2012 , 07:03 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
Perhaps you just joined a "Level 1" guild where everyone rerolls when they reach level 2.
Lol, re-rolling after the first starter mission.
CATCH TwentyTwo

SW:TOR FORUM REVIEW PLAYLISTLATEST VIDEO
(Be original: Post a comment about how fat I am, or my lisp, but keep it civil...)

Saurakk
03.28.2012 , 07:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Maglon View Post
Ive heard of stuff like this but there is no solid reason for it. Instead of demanding coin they can ask that people donate. I was a hardcore raider in EQ and EQ2 .. never had I been told that you must give us any coin. Instead I was asked from time to time just to donate or craft for the guild etc .. in which case I did. Asking for help is one thing ... demanding it is a whole other can of worms.
That's crazy stuff being forced to give coin on a regular basis. I can see donations for specifics as needed but after a bit the guild should be self sufficient if it raids.

Repair yourself, sure. Bring potions, sure.

In EQ2 our guild made so much money by raiding and simply selling the droppable loot that we had monthly payouts based on raid attendance.

Some guild leaders are megalomaniac crooks.

Galbatorrix
03.28.2012 , 07:53 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinrain View Post
I'd say you've been in the wrong guilds matey.

Find a fun loving mature guild and you'll have a different experience which is more fun than pugglies.

Maybe you're right. I kind of lost interest when I tried to join a raiding guild in WOW and the GM wanted me to fill out an online application which included a lot of personal info (home phone #, Cell phone #, etc). I just laughed at him and said no thanks.

A lot of people hate the new raid finding tool in WOW, but to me, it's one of the best features they're put into the game. It allowed me to experience an end game raid without having to give some stranger my personal info.

Veniras
03.28.2012 , 08:00 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinrain View Post
QFT. Being in a good (as, same priorities as you) guild is a godsend.