Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Been told to wipe your char list by guild

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Been told to wipe your char list by guild

Toxen
03.27.2012 , 09:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by System_TOR View Post
I hope one day you can put this behind you, the wounds are obviously still fresh, just know that time heals all wounds, well nearly all, maybe not this one.
Ah! My old guild buddy. How ya been?

/hugs

Side note: how'd you get 8 lvl 50's already?
"Peace is a lie, there is only pancake."

System_TOR
03.27.2012 , 09:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
Side note: how'd you get 8 lvl 50's already?
Is this a trick question? because I think you know the answer is by leveling them.

Koalachan
03.27.2012 , 09:30 PM | #13
I remember on WoW when I joined the top raiding guild on my server cause they needed tanks. First thing they told me was I had to pay 500 gold to the guild bank every week.
This was a pretty common practice back in the day, especially before they had the guild funds automatically make money whenever someone looted money. A lot of raid guilds I've seen and been in did it to help cover repair costs. I've even been asked by people why I didn't do it when my guild was playing WoW.

Toxen
03.27.2012 , 09:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by System_TOR View Post
Is this a trick question? because I think you know the answer is by leveling them.
no, but i'm pretty sure that was a trick answer
"Peace is a lie, there is only pancake."

System_TOR
03.27.2012 , 09:36 PM | #15
no, but i'm pretty sure that was a trick answer
No m8, just a lot of time and effort went into leveling.

Maigrey
03.27.2012 , 09:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
This was a pretty common practice back in the day, especially before they had the guild funds automatically make money whenever someone looted money. A lot of raid guilds I've seen and been in did it to help cover repair costs. I've even been asked by people why I didn't do it when my guild was playing WoW.
maybe my guild was different, but we were a high end raiding guild, not server best, but one of the best, we had free repairs for raiders and free flasks/elixiers/pots for raiders. We made plenty of gold from selling BoEs. We had at least 500k gold

Romiz
03.27.2012 , 09:57 PM | #17
In 16 years playing MMO never heard that one before. Get away from that guild fast as you can.

And honestly only way they will know you have other Characters or characters in other guilds is if you tell them.

I ran into the 2nd part years ago and just never told them. Reason that is not a guild it is a dictatorship.

Akash
03.27.2012 , 10:12 PM | #18
Wipe a char list?

I don't even know what that means, and I've been playing MMO's since the late 1990's.

If you mean they only allow your main in their guild, then yeah I've heard of that.

If you mean they don't want you having alts in other guilds, then yeah I've heard of that to.

But if you are talking about a "no alts shall exist" rule or something to that effect, then no I've never heard of such a thing.
Memnon - 50 Commando ~ Untagonis - 50 Juggs
Adepta - 50 Sniper ~ Khatovar - 50 Sin ~ Varpaal - Mid level Sin
Antagonis - Mid level Operative ~ Jenize - Mid level Sentinel
Osanobua - Mid level Merc ~ Ka'Tahar - Mid level Juggs

sjmc
03.28.2012 , 04:45 AM | #19
Quote:
So i joined a guild and the next thing i know I'm being told by the GM to wipe my char list to stay in the guild.
Perhaps you just joined a "Level 1" guild where everyone rerolls when they reach level 2.

Maglon
03.28.2012 , 05:01 AM | #20
I remember on WoW when I joined the top raiding guild on my server cause they needed tanks. First thing they told me was I had to pay 500 gold to the guild bank every week.

I proceeded to give them a detailed comparison of how they saw themselves and what they really were.

They were quicker on the /gkick than I was on the /gquit
Ive heard of stuff like this but there is no solid reason for it. Instead of demanding coin they can ask that people donate. I was a hardcore raider in EQ and EQ2 .. never had I been told that you must give us any coin. Instead I was asked from time to time just to donate or craft for the guild etc .. in which case I did. Asking for help is one thing ... demanding it is a whole other can of worms.