Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Been told to wipe your char list by guild

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Been told to wipe your char list by guild

Rmshadow
03.27.2012 , 08:21 PM | #1
So i joined a guild and the next thing i know I'm being told by the GM to wipe my char list to stay in the guild. Has anyone heard of this before?

Shingara
03.27.2012 , 08:22 PM | #2
if you mean remove alts from the guild then yes ive heard of this before. But ive never heard of it being enforced in such a manner.

if you mean to delete all your alts then no, thats just insane.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

IPaq
03.27.2012 , 08:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rmshadow View Post
So i joined a guild and the next thing i know I'm being told by the GM to wipe my char list to stay in the guild. Has anyone heard of this before?
I'll, bite.

What?

EJedi
03.27.2012 , 08:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rmshadow View Post
How would the GM know to begin with?
If you pick up a novel, and see pages 2-899 only as obstacles between pages 1 and 900, then it may just be that you don't like reading.

Danakar
03.27.2012 , 08:24 PM | #5
First I heard of something ludicrous like that. If I were you I'd just /laugh in his face and then leave the guild.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if this 'guild leader' is the only one left in the guild with those kinds of demands
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

Jett-Rinn
03.27.2012 , 08:25 PM | #6
Tell you guild leader where to shove a lightsaber.

No one tells me what or how to play.

IPaq
03.27.2012 , 08:25 PM | #7
Been part of top 20 guilds during my hardcore days... Never heard of that...

It doesn't hold on any kind of logic I can think of.

Toxen
03.27.2012 , 08:50 PM | #8
I remember on WoW when I joined the top raiding guild on my server cause they needed tanks. First thing they told me was I had to pay 500 gold to the guild bank every week.

I proceeded to give them a detailed comparison of how they saw themselves and what they really were.

They were quicker on the /gkick than I was on the /gquit
"Peace is a lie, there is only pancake."

Andryah
03.27.2012 , 09:16 PM | #9
There was this one time in band camp........

Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

System_TOR
03.27.2012 , 09:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post

They were quicker on the /gkick than I was on the /gquit
I hope one day you can put this behind you, the wounds are obviously still fresh, just know that time heals all wounds, well nearly all, maybe not this one.