Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So gunslingers and snipers are no more exact mirrors in 1.2 ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So gunslingers and snipers are no more exact mirrors in 1.2 ?

Edwardacly
03.24.2012 , 01:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
They didn't post "nosense" so instead you DO need to read the patch notes yourself *better* :

Greens/Blues/Purples will STILL be crit crafted and have augments, it just is : instead of being called mastercraft or whatever they'll be called augmented...
again, read the patch notes before posting, or at least post your question without QQ.

Quote:
Armstech
New schematics to create Custom (orange) ranged and melee weapons have been added.
That mean that yes, you will have orange vibroknives

Shoogli
03.24.2012 , 01:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Edwardacly View Post
again, read the patch notes before posting, or at least post your question without QQ.
I QQ where ?

I'll say it again, my main isn't a gunslinger, nor a sniper.

You called the other posters saying "nosense" whereas they were pointing a mistake at someone who indeed did a mistake.

I have read the patch notes and nowhere do they say that critting to get an augment on greens/blues/purples has been removed, it's only a name change :

*You* go read the patch notes again, thank you...

Oh really... If it's *really* the case then it's fine.
But the way it's worded I still have doubts, and this is precisely why I'm raising the question.
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Jaxtaro
03.24.2012 , 01:29 PM | #23

Since you provided such a glorious example, I'm going to give you a small lesson in logical fallacies:

This is a classic, near textbook example of a "Composition Fallacy", a failure in logic that says basically:

If some members of a group have a trait.
Then all members of that group have that trait.

The way you fell into this trap was like this:

Patch notes say "New schematics to create Custom (orange) ranged and melee weapons have been added"

Vibroknives are a melee weapon

Therefore vibroknives will have been added to create orange versions.

While it CAN be true, it can ALSO be true that new Saber and Vibrosword weapon schematics will be added, without violating the statement. The statement does not say "All melee weapons", it only says "melee weapons" and 2 melee weapons is all it takes to make the statement true.

So, unless it specifically states "all melee weapons", or "vibroknives", then the question remains perfectly legitimate.

Psiwolf
03.24.2012 , 01:36 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxtaro View Post
since you provided such a glorious example, i'm going to give you a small lesson in logical fallacies:

This is a classic, near textbook example of a "composition fallacy", a failure in logic that says basically:

if some members of a group have a trait.
Then all members of that group have that trait.

the way you fell into this trap was like this:

patch notes say "new schematics to create custom (orange) ranged and melee weapons have been added"

vibroknives are a melee weapon

therefore vibroknives will have been added to create orange versions.

while it can be true, it can also be true that new saber and vibrosword weapon schematics will be added, without violating the statement. The statement does not say "all melee weapons", it only says "melee weapons" and 2 melee weapons is all it takes to make the statement true.

So, unless it specifically states "all melee weapons", or "vibroknives", then the question remains perfectly legitimate.
nooo the logic!! It burnssssss!!!!!!111111111
Please Guard Me In PvP!
(Un)Official Rakata Mind Prison Forums:
http://www.rakatamindprison.com

Shoogli
03.24.2012 , 01:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxtaro View Post
Thanks a lot, that's what I think as well. And I'll add this is also to fill all the gaps for techblades and techstaves (to derail my own thread a bit i do wonder if there will now be aim hilts ).

-----

To all conspiracy, trolls, and l2-maniac posters :

This isn't a thread to lobby for orange non-showing OHs : it's to ask a legitimate question if something has been overlooked or not, and it could be the case it hasn't been overlooked, depending on how stats and mechanics are changing, or as someone pointed at earlier : the accuracy difference.

*Also* we do now know that augments will be able to be fixed on existing gear in a patch later than 1.2, we still however don't know if this will be the case also for non-showing OHs (knives, shotguns, focus, shields, etc...).

havok_bloodcraft
03.24.2012 , 01:53 PM | #26
ok linking 2 rakata items that are relevant.

http://www.torhead.com/item/DQAEoU/ace-in-the-hole
smuggler off hand

http://www.torhead.com/item/3rvilFp/ghost
sniper offhand

smuggler offhand has better stat bonuses than sniper offhand and if these mods were placed into a moddable with augment slot then even more so.

So it seems that smuggler will have a distinct advantage in stats if things follow this trend.

Shoogli
03.24.2012 , 01:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by havok_bloodcraft View Post
So it seems that smuggler will have a distinct advantage in stats if things follow this trend.
That's very interresting indeed.

If you don't mind, I want to clarify that you're talking about gunslinger vs snipers, not generally about smugglers vs agents.

But then I wonder if this is not on purpose considering the fact that some people seem to say that gunslingers are "gimped" because of the accuracy mechanics that their sniper counterparts don't have, so as to offset it so to speak ?

Suzume_Bachi
03.24.2012 , 02:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
Since one (the gunslinger) can use 2 crit-crafted orange guns while the other (sniper) can't ?

Or are they adding orange knives for snipers ?

And if they are, can the operatives use them too ?

And if so, what about scoundrels ?

Or am I missing something ?
Investigation skill has been regularly dropping Armstech schematics for all weapon types. So, you'll be able to get an orange drop vibroknife or shotgun.

1.2 has been pretty cool so far. The legacy stuff upcoming in 1.3 looks even more fun.

Shoogli
03.24.2012 , 02:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzume_Bachi View Post
Investigation skill has been regularly dropping Armstech schematics for all weapon types. So, you'll be able to get an orange drop vibroknife or shotgun.
So you've seen orange drop knives and/or shotguns ? If so that's great news.

On the other hand if it's an educated guess because you've seen a few MH oranges then I'm still on the fence to be honest.

So can you confirm you've had such drops please ?

havok_bloodcraft
03.24.2012 , 02:27 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzume_Bachi View Post

1.2 has been pretty cool so far. The legacy stuff upcoming in 1.3 looks even more fun.
I believe this is an assumption you are making because people mistakenly beleive shotgun and vibroknives are actual weapons but if you read the tooltips they are not.

shotguns and vibroknives are no different than a power generator or focus as they add stats to improve function but are not required to use any abilities.

If you can post a screenshot of a moddable shotgun or vibroknife then do so otherwise please do not approach this on the assumption they are weapons and will be added.