Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sigh... The Czerka-Crate-O-Matic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Sigh... The Czerka-Crate-O-Matic

OmegaMayhem
04.01.2012 , 01:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Incauta View Post
so is it like (hate to use this) the night elf camo form WoW? Like your stealthed but can't move and you can hide from patrols and stuff while they walk past you?
It also kinda reminds me of the box you could hide in in Metal Gear.

wangxiuming
04.02.2012 , 12:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Incauta View Post
so is it like (hate to use this) the night elf camo form WoW? Like your stealthed but can't move and you can hide from patrols and stuff while they walk past you?
So I was fiddling around with the crate-o-matic I got yesterday, and it doesn't seem like it has much practical use.

1. You can't use it during combat.

2. Outside of combat, you can't move around in the crate (though, as I read somewhere else, you can change your outfit while inside).

3. The crate does not shield you from damage. Nor does it apply any stealth mechanic as far as I can tell.

4. If you hop into the crate, send your companion at mobs, and your companion dies - the mobs will target you even if you're in the crate.

5. If you hop into the crate, and a patrol passes by, the patrol will attack you.

6. Using any abilities while inside the crate will immediately pop you out of the crate.

I do have to say though, that it is rather hilarious to be in front of a GTN terminal with a bunch of people nearby and just pop into a crate.

Also, a note - even though the item tag still says "Binds on Equip" in my inventory, I can not sell it on the GTN. Haven't tried mailing or trading it yet though (I am kind of afraid of losing it).

edit: fiddled around some more

SoundOfDeath
07.09.2012 , 03:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Evisceral View Post
It is real, here see for yourself:

http://s19.postimage.org/9cal291cj/C...te_O_Matic.jpg
You should probably check your mail.

Telanis
07.09.2012 , 03:43 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SoundOfDeath View Post
You should probably check your mail.
That was totally worth necroing the thread for.

AshlaBoga
10.15.2012 , 03:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Telanis View Post
That was totally worth necroing the thread for.
Here's something worth necroing the thread for: a former guildy of mine "Tyranis-Vex" on Jung Ma just got the crate from the final boss of HM Kaon Under Siege. Lucky nerf herder.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Telanis
10.15.2012 , 07:26 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Here's something worth necroing the thread for: a former guildy of mine "Tyranis-Vex" on Jung Ma just got the crate from the final boss of HM Kaon Under Siege. Lucky nerf herder.
Indeed. Interesting!

thesilriun
12.11.2012 , 05:32 PM | #27
i just got the box out of the tionese vendor boxes

Domatron
12.31.2012 , 05:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by wangxiuming View Post
So I was fiddling around with the crate-o-matic I got yesterday, and it doesn't seem like it has much practical use.

1. You can't use it during combat.

2. Outside of combat, you can't move around in the crate (though, as I read somewhere else, you can change your outfit while inside).

3. The crate does not shield you from damage. Nor does it apply any stealth mechanic as far as I can tell.

4. If you hop into the crate, send your companion at mobs, and your companion dies - the mobs will target you even if you're in the crate.

5. If you hop into the crate, and a patrol passes by, the patrol will attack you.

6. Using any abilities while inside the crate will immediately pop you out of the crate.

I do have to say though, that it is rather hilarious to be in front of a GTN terminal with a bunch of people nearby and just pop into a crate.

Also, a note - even though the item tag still says "Binds on Equip" in my inventory, I can not sell it on the GTN. Haven't tried mailing or trading it yet though (I am kind of afraid of losing it).

edit: fiddled around some more
you can use it for this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9ZT2mCHBc

Alec_Fortescue
01.02.2013 , 06:16 PM | #29
Just got one on ToFN for 17 mil... I am mad at my GM who urged me to do it now xD
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Ailie
01.02.2013 , 06:26 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by wangxiuming View Post
I just got this to drop from a blue "Ancient Prototype Mission Box" received from a Treasure Hunting mission.

Screenshot
:O

I am so spamming the crap out of Treasure Hunting now
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com