Regarding Battlemast stat changes in patch 1.2 (important)

indelible

I've just been informed that there are certain circumstances where modifications taken out of Battlemaster gear prior to patch 1.2 will not be updated with the patch, meaning that lots of players will suffer an effective stat nerf and have to grind out a new set of gear (or at least new parts).

Thankfully I am not one of those players, but let me ask a question. Firstly I make some presumptions:

1) Each mod that is generated by removing it from the BM gear is unique. That is to say that it is an item that can only be acquired by removing it from the BM gear.

2) In patch 1.2, these mods are being upgraded. The rebalance of stats on BM gear in turn effects the mods. So these mods will have new stats.

3) The mods in 1.2 are the same mods as in pre-1.2.

So...

if that is true...

Why, Bioware, does moving the mod from BM gear to another item effect your ability to update those mods? They are unique items.

And if there is something that does do this, why aren't you changing it?

It seems TOTALLY unfair (and will anger a lot of people) that PvP'd for that gear will now have to redo that entire process.

I've just been informed that there are certain circumstances where modifications taken out of Battlemaster gear prior to patch 1.2 will not be updated with the patch, meaning that lots of players will suffer an effective stat nerf and have to grind out a new set of gear (or at least new parts).

Thankfully I am not one of those players, but let me ask a question. Firstly I make some presumptions:

1) Each mod that is generated by removing it from the BM gear is unique. That is to say that it is an item that can only be acquired by removing it from the BM gear.

2) In patch 1.2, these mods are being upgraded. The rebalance of stats on BM gear in turn effects the mods. So these mods will have new stats.

3) The mods in 1.2 are the same mods as in pre-1.2.

So...

if that is true...

Why, Bioware, does moving the mod from BM gear to another item effect your ability to update those mods? They are unique items.

And if there is something that does do this, why aren't you changing it?

It seems TOTALLY unfair (and will anger a lot of people) that PvP'd for that gear will now have to redo that entire process.

Especially with how poorly itemized the BM gear is it almost required you to re mod it to get the stats you need to be competetive. Not to mention the crit modifier nerf (cant remeber what it is caller right now) that made it absolutely necessary to re mod most gear.

I'm ticked off, but I expect this from Bioware.

I just find it funny that Bioware completely ****** modding the Jedi Guard War Leader Armor set, so I had to re-mod it myself and know I'm being punished for that.

I could see them losing some subs over this. But I guess I will just save up some more BM tokens and buy a completely new set.

SMH at you again Bioware, it really is a shame you can't get even the simplest things right on this game.

up.

As a melee DPS Scoundrel I needed to remove ALL enhancements from BM gear and replace with Power/Surge ones.

And now to get 25 expertise per each enhancement I need to return to 300+ accuracy which EVERYONE agreed as being USELESS.

Why? Why did u add Power/Surge to Consulars and left Smugglers stuck with accuracy? Make us a choice. Alternative sets or smth...

So now I will need to get extra BM gear from other classes and replant enhancement that have expertise.

Am I objective to say this seems unfair?

2 Developers

Please read scoudnrel/operative threads about Best-In-Slot gear. WE REMOVE ACCURACY. Listen to us.

up.

As a melee DPS Scoundrel I needed to remove ALL enhancements from BM gear and replace with Power/Surge ones.

And now to get 25 expertise per each enhancement I need to return to 300+ accuracy which EVERYONE agreed as being USELESS.

Why? Why did u add Power/Surge to Consulars and left Smugglers stuck with accuracy? Make us a choice. Alternative sets or smth...

So now I will need to get extra BM gear from other classes and replant enhancement that have expertise.

Am I objective to say this seems unfair?

2 Developers

Please read scoudnrel/operative threads about Best-In-Slot gear. WE REMOVE ACCURACY. Listen to us.

Pretty sure if Bioware had it to do over again they wouldn't have included operative in the live release so however true this post is I can't see them actually making a positive change to the class. Best you can hope for is Georg Troeller to stop by to show his ignorance regarding the class and twist the knife a little.

It baffles me that people aren't more aware and/or annoyed by this.

D;

Common sense says, keep the mods when you take them out like everyone else i know of that pvps a great deal, and pop them back in pre 1.2 like BW suggested to do...

Common sense says, keep the mods when you take them out like everyone else i know of that pvps a great deal, and pop them back in pre 1.2 like BW suggested to do...

They have confirmed that will work?

If so, thats good since I kept all my mods I ripped out.

I don't know many other people who were in my situation but I was exclusively PvP, One of the first bm's before all the ilum and comms change. I have many duplicates of bm gear that I had to strip for mods to mix with champ gear. This process made me extremely poor and all the extra mods I had was taking way too much space in my bank so I had to vendor majority of them (this was long before 1.2 was even announced). Now I don't have the mods and you decide to come out with these changes. I find it discouraging that I had grinded so many pieces of gear to optimize my stats to only find out that majority of it was useless. Come on bioware, don't punish me for making the best optimization for my gear, your itemization was garbage and needed a fix.

If you don't want to anger a large portion of your pvper's, I suggest you simply reset all bm gear to their original mods and stats upgrade. I don't mind the change, its just when you implement it after so long with no compensation for other peoples hard work for optimization, you will lose a lot.

Atleast even with your BM gear getting nerfed it will still be better than the nerfed Champion gear.

I would have liked it better for Bioware to just come out and say that they didn't care about the game at all until 1.2 and that they are essentially wiping all the gear and starting over completely.

In other words the past 4 months were beta testing that we had to pay for.

I don't know many other people who were in my situation but I was exclusively PvP, One of the first bm's before all the ilum and comms change. I have many duplicates of bm gear that I had to strip for mods to mix with champ gear. This process made me extremely poor and all the extra mods I had was taking way too much space in my bank so I had to vendor majority of them (this was long before 1.2 was even announced). Now I don't have the mods and you decide to come out with these changes. I find it discouraging that I had grinded so many pieces of gear to optimize my stats to only find out that majority of it was useless. Come on bioware, don't punish me for making the best optimization for my gear, your itemization was garbage and needed a fix.

If you don't want to anger a large portion of your pvper's, I suggest you simply reset all bm gear to their original mods and stats upgrade. I don't mind the change, its just when you implement it after so long with no compensation for other peoples hard work for optimization, you will lose a lot.

This is what I'm talking about. Totally unfair.

BW should just reset all BM pieces or something to combat this problem.

I play a sorc and found it comical that BW stacked alacrity on the dps gear while the stat has nearly no value to the various specs in comparison to the other stats.

Read the below inflammatory remark at your own risk of shattering all illusions and what not!

Re-moding was/is completely necessary... but I forwent a re-mod... because this game is still in beta and everything is subject to short-notice change and tinkering (not to mention the weak/unfinished selection of mods available to replace them with). Best you can do is to adjust expectations accordingly or just be repetitively pissed off for the next 6 months or so.

They should remedy this by.

1) Making the remoding free for a grace period to fix your gear for update.

2) Make it so your gear is refubished by a NPC so you get a chance to revert your gear.

3) Make good lists available how each piece that should be changed needs to be moded to be complete.

They should remedy this by.

1) Making the remoding free for a grace period to fix your gear for update.

2) Make it so your gear is refubished by a NPC so you get a chance to revert your gear.

3) Make good lists available how each piece that should be changed needs to be moded to be complete.

Indeed.

Alternatively they should spend time redoing their item IDs so they can update the mods themselves regardless of where they are and in what gear they are in.

Or they could offer a service that allows people to turn in BM gear for the new mods/set pieces.

Realistaically it's just not acceptable. Bioware are offering a FINISHED PRODUCT regardless of what the perceived state is or not. And despite the fact that there are not laws to protect consumers from such unscrupulous business practice as releasing and selling a product when it is not complete and stable, Bioware should be doing all they can to appease players, to make the period of "rubbish, unstable, content void game" as painless as possible. And transitioning to the finished game (4 months after release) should not be a process that comes with a price to players.

It astounds me that people will ***** and moan when Apple release an iPhone that doesn't work unless you hold it a particular way, forcing Apple to make the appropriate changes and support those customers as quickly as possible, but when it comes to software of any type - not just games - people are content to go "yeah... that's how it works tbh... nothing we can do." There IS something you can do. You're a consumer, they're a service provider. If you say you're not happy with something, they HAVE to do something about it, or at the very least explain to you why it is happening the way it is happening.

You do not owe them anything. Your silence, your obedience, is not theres to command. They're the one that are selling a product to you, and if that product is not to your liking or they do something that is clearly a violation of their implied agreement with you as a service provider, you are MORE than within your right to call them out about it.

They're implementing a change to there product. The change is a change that they feel is required.

The change as is will mean that X number of players will not benefit from changes, despite the fact that they have gone through the process of acquiring those items.

The changes as is will mean that X number of players will have to reacquire the items they've already axquired.

How is that reasonable? D;

It's like Apple saying, "yeah guys... we fixed your iPhones but you're going to have to go and buy a new iPhone if you want to benefit from the change." ;D And to the people saying "just go and get new BM gear"... that's like saying, "yeah... just go and buy a new iPhone." ><

Another (possible) idea would be to not remove the Battle Master commendation system from the game, and give everyone who owns current Battle Master gear the appropriate amount of commendations (or uncap the number of Warzone commendations, and give players the appropriate amount of them). Then simply remove all the existing Battle Master equipment/mods from the game and allow players to purchase their gear again and start fresh.

The tricky part of this would be that anyone who modded their gear would need to then also receive the appropriate mods back in their inventory. It would also put a very heavy load on the fleets, as everyone would have to go the vendors to re-gear. Not sure if it's a possibility, because moving the mods may not be possible, but it would let everyone get the upgraded gear without worrying if it was modded or not if it was possible.

If you have your mods, put them back before 1.2 to get them buffed up.

If you just replaced your mods and therefore destroyed those original ones, then it's your lose. And don't try to say me you didn't know that because we will end up with discussion about "why cups of coffe in USA have to be marked that hot coffe can burn your mouth".

Why? Why did u add Power/Surge to Consulars and left Smugglers stuck with accuracy? Make us a choice. Alternative sets or smth....

Because my dear friend, Shadows wub those power /surge, and we put it to good use.