Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class with the best and worst companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Class with the best and worst companions?

Shardie
03.23.2012 , 03:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Barrgil View Post

Tharan Cedrax: His 'charms' sicken me. The more he tries to flirt with me makes me want to force choke him myself. His jokes are horrible, and his holographic dancer gets on my nerves to no end.
I agree Tharan is annoying, but he honestly has the best healing companion moveset in the entire game.
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger

FluxWing
03.23.2012 , 07:06 AM | #12
Why does Taran have the best moveset? Aren't they mirrors of eachother? On the 3 classes I've been playing alot - JC, JK and BH - they have all had similar abilities.
They all have a disorient move that locks enemies for like 8 sec.

Mako does that electrocute beam
Doc carbonize enemies
Tharan "deploys Holliday"

Is it something in their healing abilities that make them different?

Doc must be one of the most underrated companions. I think he's a really good comical relief character. Not 1 sentence that comes from him is serious. He's like the games Han Solo, medic style.

And like everybody, I just love Mako as a companion. Of the ones I've "met" so far, she is the overall best in every category.

JC's companions are all horrible or worse. Except Nadia, who is a force sensitve who believes in justice and vengence. Much like a "grey" Jedi.

Starting an IA I just got totally repulsed by the first companion. The bald, chaotic evil punk "thing". I just dropped my operative before lvl 20 mostly because of her.
"I'm a Hutt in human form planning to overthrow the Republic." - Revan, KOTOR

hadoken
03.23.2012 , 07:09 AM | #13
Tharan's cc is instant not channeled, if I recall. Think the duration is longer too.

Burtlebe
03.23.2012 , 07:21 AM | #14
Currently play all the classes (ya i know the whole no life thing).

Best Comic Relief: Smuggler Guss

Runner up: Doc and Blizz

Most Loyal: T7

Most Spirit: M1-4X (trooper droid)

Best Date: Kira and Elara

Wildest Date: Akaava

Easiest to be dark with: Khem Val

Best Friend: Mako

Most annoying: Tharan

Most Enduring: Vette
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

atomic_coffee
03.23.2012 , 11:37 AM | #15
bounty hunters have the absolute best companion, a jawa named blizz. he is also a tank. UTINI! gault might as well be my second favourite, i really like his sarcastic comments and attitude.
BHs also have the worst companion, and that's skadge who's rude and looks like a pile of rotting slime. i don't really give a damn about him. actually... no, i do, i hate him for standing there in my ship. but at least he's silent, not like the gosh darned droid who paints my quarters every time my BH takes the shore leave.
≖‿≖

ArtMonster
03.23.2012 , 01:08 PM | #16
companions are only as bad as you decide to gear and use them.

System_TOR
03.23.2012 , 03:27 PM | #17
I have every companion and can safely say that troopers have the best set, unfortunately Trooper is not my main.

teambff
03.23.2012 , 09:14 PM | #18
best = sith warrior (close behind is bounty hunter, mako and gault rule.. trooper is up there just because of forex, i swear forex cracks me up so much.. his secret mission storyline had me rolling)

worst - jedi consular
JOSS WHEDON is god!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vS4z6ngQo
"the scoobygang legacy" on server mind trick, and in all other games, and things, and in life.

LilTsar
03.23.2012 , 10:10 PM | #19
first: joss whedon is overrated.

second: companions are indeed functionally mirrors, but dancing holiday is definately better than electro beams and carbon spray for reasons that should be obvious.

third: GUSS RULES!

fourth: blizz gets kind of annoying after a while, but thankfully anytime I'm not in the mood for cutesy star wars i can just whip out Skadge, then when i get kind of tired of the vulgarity (which takes longer than for cutesiness incidentally) i just whip out blizz. also a healthy sprinkling of gault, but thats more for the sake of getting through the trash quicker

my favorite companions
1. Guss Tuno
2. Skadge
3. Mako
4. Blizz
5. Kaliyo, gault, akaavi, scorpio ensign temple... depends on my mood

my favorite companion groups

1. bounty hunter, all except torian are spectacular
2. agent, nothing spectacular individually but the most solid set that as a whole feels the most like a team as opposed to a random group of people
3. smuggler, corso's an idiot and wookie is way too much of a noble savage cliche for me to really love, but if one doesn't read his subtitles he instantly becomes way cooler, as does the customization kit where he gets welding goggles, and literally every companion is better than the last
4. sith warrior, haven't played it but i love twi'leks, chick apprentices, talz (not as awesome as ortolans, but still great), and malavai looks way too dumb not to be hilarious
5. trooper, none of them really jump out at me but they all seem like they have an interesting concept and im looking forward to rolling one come legacy unlocks, along with the sw
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed